Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Un-able To Play Songs, "You Discovered a Premium Feature!"

Un-able To Play Songs, "You Discovered a Premium Feature!"

Plan

Free

Country

Japan

Device

Samsung Galaxy Tab A

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Whenever I try to play a song, it says "You discovered a Premium feature!" and doesn't play any song.

I have tried:
reinstalling, clearing cache and data

5 Replies

Hello! Sounds like you are attempting to play specific songs, when on a free plan you are only able to play on shuffle mode. 

Subscribing to premium or making a playlist of songs you like and just leaving that on shuffle should work 🙂

Hey @user-removed, 

You can also check this support site article if you wish to know more about the differences between the Spotify free and the Premium experience as well as about the extent to which you can play selected songs depending on what subscription you choose. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if we can help with anything else 🙂

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for reolying. I'm actually trying to play a playlist in the first place. The shuffle button gives me the same error message. I still can't play any songs. 

Hey Mario, 

Thanks for linking the article! Unfortunately it wasn't of use to me and wasn't really relevant to my question. I am trying to figure out why I can't play any songs, whether it be in a playlist, using search, or pressing shuffle. Thank you, though!

Hey there,

Thanks for getting back to us and confirming that.

In that case, do you mind checking out the troubleshooting steps in this support article? Your issue is a common one, so hopefully the above should be enough to resolve it. If not, however, feel free to get back to us and we'll see what else we can suggest.

Thanks - keep us posted!

Suggested posts