Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Upgraded to v2.4, car Bluetooth is auto-muting

Solved!

Upgraded to v2.4, car Bluetooth is auto-muting

Have been using Spotify Premium in our 2014 Subaru Forester (non-nav, stock) since the day it left the dealer lot. I use a LG G2 android from Verizon. Haven't had an issue at all with Bluetooth, Gmaps navigation, phone calls, etc. No issues whatsoever.

I recently updated to Spotify version 2.4, and now the car auto-mutes Spotify after 1-2 seconds. If it's not auto-mute, Spotify itself has paused the song. Very frustrating. I never had this issue before and my phone software/firmware has not been updated either. Youtube streams fine over BT, even Songza. My wife's Spotify version1.8 works fine, she is using a Samsung Galaxy S3.

A weird workaround I found is to FIRST stream Songza, THEN swap over to Spotify. That seems to work for 1-2 songs, but it eveneutally gets back into the auto-muting issue.

I've uninstalled/re-installed Spotify on my phone. Still same issue.

Is anyone experiecing a similar auto-mute issue with Spotify 2.4? Any fixes?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You must install an older Version. Download an apk with an older Version, so you don't have problems with your Bluetooth connection.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Exact same issue I'm having in my 2015 Subaru WRX. probably same stereo as yours. I also have a LG g2. Just got the phone a few days ago. Haven't had any troubles with it previously. I had a lg g2 since the day i got the car and spotify always worked. The bluetooth calling is absolutely horrible in this car though, is yours similar??

From what I remember everything was working fine.

Google Maps navigation worked well. Spotify would be playing and when gmaps voice nav would start, Spotify would stop for it, then resume where it left off. It was great. Same function for when a phone call came in. Never had any substantial issues.

It seems like ever since they integrated the artist/song metadata to work in the HUD screen, that's when things started to mess up.

I have to do this frustrating Play button/turn volume knob on my device & stereo dance and SOMETIMES it'll work. I've also noticed that when this works, the song plays for like 80% then it auto-mutes again. Whenever the song ends OR when I toggle for the next song, sound comes back.

It's so frustrating.

I haven't been able to get it to work. I don't know why it just started doing it all of the sudden. It just mutes like you said and when i turn the volume up it plays for a split second then pauses the song. When i hit play, it does it all over again!

It works when i stream bluetooth over my Jambox speaker. I wonder if it has something to do with subaru? But it worked for about 7 months since the day i got the car so that doesnt make sense.

Im paying for Premium, i want my music!
Marked as solution

You must install an older Version. Download an apk with an older Version, so you don't have problems with your Bluetooth connection.

I didnt realize you could download earlier versions! It works great now. Downloaded the version that was released in the beginning of march. Then turned off auto update. Thanks!!!

Just wanted to add that I'm in a 2015 WRX and also started having this exact problem. Lownloading and installing the 2.3 apk resolved it. Hopefully it's be resolved in future versions.

Joe

Yes, downgrading to 2.3 fixed my issue as well!
http://www.apkmirror.com/uploads/?dev=spotify-ltd

Same problem here, driving with Spotify and Maps was a real pleasure before the update, but spotify just stop playing when Maps indicate directions and it dont go back to play after.

Gona download the previous version but please, fix this ! 

Thanks.

One more question, do you guys gona fix this in the next update or will we have to stay in the previous 2.3 for a long time ?

Thanks.

I experience the same problem today, with Spotify version 4.5 and the radio of my 2014 Subaru. I just joined Spotify Premium and I was looking forward to listen the music with Spotify connecting iPhone via Bluetooth but it doesn't work at all, and after few seconds the song from Spotify pause. How can I solve the problem? I hope there is a better solution then downgrade Spotify from 4.5 to 2.3 version! Many thanks

Hi Francesco, seems like Spotify did a good job on the lasts updates, can't say witch one but I don't got the problem anymore so I don't need to go back to an earlier version. I think the best you can do is downgrade, post a message here and try the next update... 

Good luck 😉 .

Suggested posts