Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Using app in ford car

Using app in ford car

Following update last night, can no longer use phone to access spotify albums, etc in my fiesta - presumably can only navigate through app via car. More frustratingly, when I leave the car, I still can't access my app as it's stuck with the spotify / ford logos. Any solutions? 

3 Replies

I am experiencing the same issue. Prior to this my car had an option to install the spotify application.  I did, saw that it locked me out of my phone and quickly uninstalled it.  Now i no longer have that option.  

This really sucks for road tripping or when im carpooling as i love to let folks DJ from my phone and we always have a good time with it.  Now to do this we will have to turn off bluetooth, manually close spotify app, re-open, find music, enable bluetooth, and switch back to bluetooth within my vehicle to hear a song.  Prior to this the steps were.... find music.... 

This needs to be addressed as the ONLY reason I pay for spotify premium is the access to it within my vehicle.  If this is not available I will just go to another music streaming service.  I have been a LONG time spotify user and would prefer not to do this.

This is not just a couple people with this issue.... since yesterday I talked to one person at a bar with the problem and multiple threads have popped up online.  

I'm also having this same exact issue! When it connects to my Focus' bluetooth, the app displays a Spotify  logo, three dots below it, and the Ford Emblem. I have to disconnect bluetooth, close the app, open it, choose my playlist, then reconnect to spotify. It's pretty irritating since I have a 45 minute commute to work and music wakes me up in the mornings.

Thanks for advice. At least I can change music whilst in car now. Still a pain as you say. Makes absolutely no sense unless they're trying to prevent you from changing music whilst driving. Awaiting a response from spotify.

Suggested posts