Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

When I skip the time of the track the volume turns down for a second, then it comes back at normal.

Solved!

When I skip the time of the track the volume turns down for a second, then it comes back at normal.

• Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Samsung Galaxy A71

Operating System

Android 13, One UI 5.1

My Question or Issue

This might be a feature, but since it bothers me, I'd like to report it here.

When I skip the time of a song (like to 0m54s - 2m17s), the volume gets low for a millisecond but then smoothly but rapidly returns to it's original volume. When I tried to record the issue and saw the video. The audio behaved normally, so I can't add an attachment of the troubleshooting happening

Note: I'm using a headphone and an equalizer (PowerAMP)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

After a lot of testing, I think I found the issue. It was Poweramp Equalizer all along.
It only affected Spotify, since that was the only player I had configured in Poweramp EQ. So all other players never had the fade in, and it looked like it was an issue with the Spotify app.

Change this setting in Poweramp and the issue should be solved:
Settings->Equalizer->Known Players->open Spotify settings->deactivate "Fade"

MrBrown666_0-1726701843528.png

(turn this off)

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Same thing happening for me. Volume is lowering for about 1.5s whenever skipping time or tracks, not when pausing/resuming. It's not a fade-in/out, but a sudden jump in volume. It started a few days ago and so far only the mobile app is affected, desktop is fine. Feels like an intentional "feature", but it's pissing me off since it's ruining the first few seconds of many songs and there is no option to disable it.

Hey @victobe & @MrBrown666,

Thanks for reaching out!

We tried reproducing the described issue on our end but all songs start with the intended volume. The volume level is also retained when we move the seek bar and skip a part of the songs. 

Firstly, I'd like to mention the Crossfade setting (Settings -> Playback), as folks experiencing this type of issue at the beginning/end of songs may have set it up. It can be easily toggled off so that we can rule it out as the perpetrator.

Once this is done, I'd check the Volume normalization setting. See if enabling/ disabling it would make a difference.
In case the issue persists, my next suspect would be the most common issue for such jumps in volume, namely the Equalizer setting (again under Playback). It can alter volume unexpectedly on some devices so disabling it may fix things for you.

With these out of the way, in case the issue still persists, we'd like to know if it happens only with specific headphones and additional equalizers as noted by @victobe. If this is so, try using only the headphones/ speakers without an equalizer and vice-versa to see if that would make a difference.

Many thanks! We'll be on the lookout for your replies 🙌🏼

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

After a lot of testing, I think I found the issue. It was Poweramp Equalizer all along.
It only affected Spotify, since that was the only player I had configured in Poweramp EQ. So all other players never had the fade in, and it looked like it was an issue with the Spotify app.

Change this setting in Poweramp and the issue should be solved:
Settings->Equalizer->Known Players->open Spotify settings->deactivate "Fade"

MrBrown666_0-1726701843528.png

(turn this off)

Anyone else noticed there's a .5 second volume pad when seeking through a track now? This is totally useless and annoying 

Useless sure ! Whereas crossfade when skipping track would be rather
helpfull.

Yep

I noticed that in recent Spotify versions when I seek a song the volume decreases for a second and auto stabilizes after that. It's only happens in August to October apks, I then downgraded to spotify-8-9-52-552.apk the issue is fixed. What's happened to new Android Spotify version? Please fix it, thanks. 

Suggested posts