Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Where is my library? What am I missing here people?

Where is my library? What am I missing here people?

Hi all,

Really getting ready to drop Spotify sadly...

I have a Samsung Android J3, new mid 2018, running the $9.99 Premium in the US...

My Question or Issue

All of a sudden spotify mobile app on the J3 is requesting I login and login screen wording is illegible. When I put in user and PW it says 'currently set to offline mode' and does not allow login - tries to get me to reset password.

So now I've uninstalled from phone and reinstalled - all good - clear legible login screen, login credentials work, I go to my library, and there's all my albums and songs (I do not do 'playlists').

When this happened a couple of months ago I had to sit there over the course of many days and physically switch the button on every album and wait for it to download. Apparently I am facing that same nightmare again now.

Isn't my library of albums downloaded once, and then stored somewhere in my phone so that I can use 'offline mode' to listen without having to be connected to wifi or using up my data plan? 

Now, having fixed completely out of the blue login problem, it's indicating my library needs to be completely downloaded again, which is a days long nightmare.

Shouldn't the app be able to find the music already stored in the phone from last download, quickly verify that all monthly bills have been played, and then immediately allow the app to access the library of songs already stored in my phones memory, without having to re-download the entire library again?

I'm completely paid up - there's no issues there... what am I missing here? Or is the app really that f*%#ing lame?

Thanks for any assistance or help - it will be much appreciated!!

winrland

ps. another question - if downloading of my library again IS required, why the **bleep** is the app not configured to download automatically the entire content of the library that is not already there, on any, or even any designated wifi connection is available? Why would it require me to physically press buttons to re-download every single album in my library, when I'm constantly on my preferred home wifi connection?

Thanks, w

0 Replies

Suggested posts