Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why can't I watch video once my phone links to car Bluetooth?

Why can't I watch video once my phone links to car Bluetooth?

When my phone links to the cars Bluetooth I am no longer able to watch video of Joe Rogans podcast. I can watch it normally but once in the car it switches to audio only with no video option. I turn car mode off and still no option for video. Very annoying since the video makes the podcast so much better.

8 Replies

Hey there @Bcuilty1994

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

We understand where you're coming from. However, keep in mind that video can cause distractions while driving, and this could be the reason why some on-board infotainment systems do not allow videos to be played while connected to the car. 

We would recommend to keep distractions to the minimum and to use the app responsibly while driving.

If you have any other questions, we'll be right here. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I do keep my distractions why driving to a minimum but get to work early
most days and enjoy the rogans podcast before hand. Or when I have to wait
for my wife in parking lot why she goes to doctor appointments in these
covid times. Many other times I am just in the car and not driving but
can't enjoy the video for Joe Rogan. Never had this problem when he was on
YouTube. Also I don't believe it is your job or even right to police my
driving. Extremely annoying and not happy with this at all. I understand
making audio the default but there should easily be an option to switch to
video.

Hey there @Bcuilty1994,

Thank you for your reply.

We understand what you mean. If you think this feature will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. 

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

The phone itself, the spotify app is stopping video output. Not the cars infotainment system. My bluetooth speakers stop the video output on my iphone, as does my old headunit on my car with my samsung s10.

If spotify have done this on purpose for safety it is completely stupid as what is stopping someone from watching a video on their youtube app whilst driving? It also happens with any bluetooth device not just a car.

This feature needs to be removed asap.

Hi @louisattag

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us.

As @Jeremy mentioned, you can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away.

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It's now 2023 and still can't watch Joe Rogan while in my truck at lunch break. Or anytime I sit in my truck. And they want you to start a suggestion box? How bout they take your comment and see how many other people like myself want video while bluetooth is on. Do t worry or say when and where I can watch video. I'm about to cancel. Too many other options out there. Sorry Spotify

I cancled my subscription.  Cant watch a video in the car as a passenger or sitting in a parked vehicle while eating lunch. Bunch of tools running this place.

However sometimes you are a passenger in the car. Also, other spotify video podcast still play When in a vehicle. Why only JRE?

Suggested posts