Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

app do not work

app do not work

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

UK

Device

xiaomi

Operating System

android

My Question or Issue

Hi everyone,

Long time ago I open a spotify account. I cant open my account through my phone. Always tell me that I am offline or not connected. but I can connect through my computer. so doesnt really make sense. I try to uninstall and do it again but same things. that do it on my other phone too.

Anychance someone can help thanks

2 Replies

Hi
Firstly please check you're signing in correctly - you said it works fine on your computer please make sure you're signing in the same way on your phone. You mention it doesn't work on either phone?

Please do the following in the exact order:-
make sure you're connected to a wifi network
log out of Spotify
uninstall Spotify
clean your phone's cache (if you can)
remove the SD card (if you have one)
turn off your phone
turn on your phone
reinstall Spotify
open Spotify and download at least one album or playlist
reinsert the SD card (if you have one)

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Hey there @marion4401,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks @robigouk for suggesting these steps, we have a few more things to add here.

Just to double-check, did you run a clean reinstall on your device or a regular one? We recommend trying a clean reinstall since this step ensures you get the latest app version with all necessary updates. Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device.

In case you still experience the same after the clean reinstall, try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Alternatively, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Another thing you can try is to log in with a friend's account and see if you can log in on your phone with that one.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts