Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android Nougat equaliser missing

I have recently updated to nougat to find that the equaliser seems to be missing will there be an update to replace it?

• Visitor
  • I have recently updated to nougat to find that the equaliser seems to be missing will there be an update to replace it?
  • santinodituri
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect not working Android app

None of my devices are showing up. I've checked they are all connected to the same wifi network, I've updated and restarted everything and still nothing. Help!

• Casual Listener
  • None of my devices are showing up. I've checked they are all connected to the same wifi network, I've updated and restarted everything and still nothing. Help!
  • hinchmo
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs keep redownloading

Why is it that my Spotify decides at least 2-3 times a month to seemingly redownload all of my previously saved songs? It's just done it again - I haven't added any new songs since the last time either. I've seen previous questions where it states th...

• Why is it that my Spotify decides at least 2-3 times a month to seemingly redownload all of my previously saved songs? It's just done it again - I haven't added any new songs since the last time eith...
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify shows "no internet connection" when I am connected to WIFI, works perfect on 4g LTE

Device LG G3Andriod 5.0.1Spotify 2.6.0.813Provider T-mobileProblem: Spotify shows "No internet connection" when I am connected to my home wifi.Details: Spotify works when connected to 4g LTE. All other apps are working except for music streaming apps...

• Device LG G3 Andriod 5.0.1 Spotify 2.6.0.813 Provider T-mobile Problem: Spotify shows "No internet connection" when I am connected to my home wifi. Details: Spotify works when connected to...
  • skacticinvader
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Annoying Chromecast Popup

I use my phone to play Spotify at work. Somebody in the office has a Chromecast running and often I get plagued by a stupid popup that gives me only two options - either to connect to the Chromecast now or later. Where is the "Dismiss" button. I shou...

• I use my phone to play Spotify at work. Somebody in the office has a Chromecast running and often I get plagued by a stupid popup that gives me only two options - either to connect to the Chromecast ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify cant skip songs with car radio

on my old phone htc one m7,i could play spotify trough Bluetooth and skip songs with the buttons on my car radio.With my new phone(Samsung s7)I can 't use the car buttons anymore.so of i want to skip a song i need to use my phone.

• on my old phone htc one m7,i could play spotify trough Bluetooth and skip songs with the buttons on my car radio.With my new phone(Samsung s7)I can 't use the car buttons anymore.so of i want to skip...
  • JCdotnl
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify don't save music to external sdcard in android 6

After upgrade to android 6 Spotify was unable to access music stored in external sdcard. It download again the files to internal memory.App version: 4.4.0.1008Android version: 6.0.1 (CyanogenMod)Device: Motorola XT1040

• After upgrade to android 6 Spotify was unable to access music stored in external sdcard. It download again the files to internal memory. App version: 4.4.0.1008 Android version: 6.0.1 (CyanogenMod)...
  • markmuehlbauer
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android marshmallow
    offline data
    sdcard
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug after update

After updating, even though I already have the song, the notifications appear as if I did not have it.

• Casual Listener
  • After updating, even though I already have the song, the notifications appear as if I did not have it.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium on desktop but not on phone

hi, i recently upgraded to a premium account. it works perfect on my desktop but when i logon through my phone it doesnt show my account as premium and tells me to upgrade. so was wondering if anyone knows how to reslove this issue?thanks,

• hi, i recently upgraded to a premium account. it works perfect on my desktop but when i logon through my phone it doesnt show my account as premium and tells me to upgrade. so was wondering if anyone...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android BLE unexpectedly and repeatedly reconnects to peripheral

See this article on Stack Overflow:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43160195/android-ble-unexpectedly-and-repeatedly-reconnects-to-peripheral/43688791#43688791I am able to reproduce on Sony Xperia X Compact running 7.1.1, build number 34.3.a.0.217...

• See this article on Stack Overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43160195/android-ble-unexpectedly-and-repeatedly-reconnects-to-peripheral/43688791#43688791 I am able to reproduce on Sony ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Suggested Song" Interuption.

The problem currently is that I want to listen to Gregorian Chants, I have recreated the playlist of Only Gregorian Chants four times already. 50 songs in the playlist. Each time I listen to the playlist, one song plays till completion, and then it t...

• Casual Listener
  • The problem currently is that I want to listen to Gregorian Chants, I have recreated the playlist of Only Gregorian Chants four times already. 50 songs in the playlist. Each time I listen to the play...
  • Ustingrav
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify film hulu

Hello, don't know where to post this but I got a message on my Spotify app for a deal called Spotify film, which includes access to Spotify and Hulu (no ads) for 16.99 but I don't see it anywhere to get more info on it. Wondering if anyone had any in...

• Hello, don't know where to post this but I got a message on my Spotify app for a deal called Spotify film, which includes access to Spotify and Hulu (no ads) for 16.99 but I don't see it anywhere to ...
  • klsjks
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs sounds very plain

New to Spotify and pretty much new to online listening overall, testing now one by one... And I am noticing no matter what services I tried all the music sounds very plain, there is no dynamics at all. I have a higher end sound system at home, higher...

• Casual Listener
  • New to Spotify and pretty much new to online listening overall, testing now one by one... And I am noticing no matter what services I tried all the music sounds very plain, there is no dynamics at al...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Nexus 6p Spotify disappearing from notification bar

I am a new premium user for Spotify. I am having an issue where the icon disappears from the notification bar and then after some time the app just stop playing music. I can clear data or uninstall and it will go back working for a while but within a...

• I am a new premium user for Spotify. I am having an issue where the icon disappears from the notification bar and then after some time the app just stop playing music. I can clear data or uninstall a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

wrong facebook account

Ok so I just re upgraded to premium 4 or 5 days ago. Yesterday I got a new phone. I accidentally logged in using the wrong facebook account in the app (android). Now if I hit login with fb it automatically logs into the wrong one. I cant seem to figu...

• Visitor
  • Ok so I just re upgraded to premium 4 or 5 days ago. Yesterday I got a new phone. I accidentally logged in using the wrong facebook account in the app (android). Now if I hit login with fb it automat...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stuck in Offline-modus

Hey, I've read and tried all the basic things on how to fix this. Delete cache, log out/in, uninstall/reinstall. I can't pick any song anymore after using offline modus like one or two months ago. I have this issue on my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (with ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   I've read and tried all the basic things on how to fix this. Delete cache, log out/in, uninstall/reinstall. I can't pick any song anymore after using offline modus like one or two month...
  • __LP
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music now only partially deleted, are they finally trying to fix it?!!

I know there are thousands of threads about this topic, but maybe if we keep posting about they'll do something? Or Maybe they are? It has been happening to me with greater frequency over the last 4 months. Downloaded songs only last saved to my devi...

• Regular
  • I know there are thousands of threads about this topic, but maybe if we keep posting about they'll do something? Or Maybe they are?    It has been happening to me with greater frequency o...
  • John164
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs getting deleted from my second phone

Hi, I'm hoping someone might be able to help with a query please. I have a premium student subscription and would like to have spotify songs downloaded onto an old phone (which doesnt have internet on it), so i can effectively use it as an mp3 player...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I'm hoping someone might be able to help with a query please.   I have a premium student subscription and would like to have spotify songs downloaded onto an old phone (which does...
  • chrispoole
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong Facebook

Hi there. I created a new account for a friend on my android device. But when we wanted to connect to his Facebook, it automatically connected to mine, since I was logged in to the Facebook app. Now we can't figure out how to switch accounts - everyt...

• Hi there. I created a new account for a friend on my android device. But when we wanted to connect to his Facebook, it automatically connected to mine, since I was logged in to the Facebook app. No...
  • Hasseg
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify's latest update deleted my favourite songs. Please help.

The past month, I hadn't been using spotify much. A few days ago when I logged in to the app, I found out that all the 300+ songs that used to be in the favourites section were nowhere to be found (even in the 'Your Song' section). Please help. I bel...

• The past month, I hadn't been using spotify much. A few days ago when I logged in to the app, I found out that all the 300+ songs that used to be in the favourites section were nowhere to be found (e...
  • Lee
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes