Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app closing itself on android 6.0

Hi,I recently had a new phone ( Cubot Dinausor ), so i'm now using Spotify on it. But at random time, after a few seconds of listenning to music or after few songs, sometimes during a song, my Spotify app closes itself without any error message, shut...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I recently had a new phone ( Cubot Dinausor ), so i'm now using Spotify on it. But at random time, after a few seconds of listenning to music or after few songs, sometimes during a song, my Spot...
  • coco2ligne
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No se descarga la musica Android 6.0

Tengo un Huawei Gx8 con android 6.0 pero al seleccionar en la play list "descargar" empieza en la parte de arriba sobre la cortina de notificación el proceso de descarga. Es decir el % y las canciones que faltan. Pero estás canciones "descargadas" nu...

• Tengo un Huawei Gx8 con android 6.0 pero al seleccionar en la play list "descargar" empieza en la parte de arriba sobre la cortina de notificación el proceso de descarga. Es decir el % y las cancione...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to download via WIFI - works fine via cellular

HelloI can't download a single phone if connected through wifi on both my samsung note3 and note4, but playback works like a charm and I can download songs though both my laptop and my girlfriends Samsung S6 so Wifi router and firewall is not an issu...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello I can't download a single phone if connected through wifi on both my samsung note3 and note4, but playback works like a charm and I can download songs though both my laptop and my girlfriend...
  • Petekearns
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck on repeat

I do not have subscribtion but my songs are stuck on repeat so that only one song keeps playing and I have to use up my skips just to change the song

• I do not have subscribtion but my songs are stuck on repeat so that only one song keeps playing and I have to use up my skips just to change the song
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files not downloading onto my offline playlist

They previously worked, but all of a sudden the new ones I added are greyed out on my phone and will not download. I have tried everything from deleting the app and reinstalling it, but nothing works. Now that I reinstalled it, the songs I previously...

• Regular
  • They previously worked, but all of a sudden the new ones I added are greyed out on my phone and will not download. I have tried everything from deleting the app and reinstalling it, but nothing works...
  • aramchoii
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

App keep switching to a channel I never followed...

Hi all,When I open the app on my Samsung s5 it sometimes starts playing music from some channel I have never heard of. I just changed my password in case someone was getting into my account and unlinked all devices. I noticed that an Iphone was in th...

• Hi all, When I open the app on my Samsung s5 it sometimes starts playing music from some channel I have never heard of. I just changed my password in case someone was getting into my account and unl...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Partnership] Spotify to the NTC Nike Training Club workout app

Why was this deleted with no response???Is there a way to connect Spotify to the NTC Nike Training Club workout app? If so how? I only stream and not download!

• Music Fan
  • Why was this deleted with no response??? Is there a way to connect Spotify to the NTC Nike Training Club workout app? If so how? I only stream and not download!
  • Avela
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Partnership
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Save files on SD

I followed the steps on this link: https://support.spotify.com/br/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/save-to-sd-card/But on Zenfone go, there is no such option to save files on SD, how can I do that?

• Casual Listener
  • I followed the steps on this link: https://support.spotify.com/br/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/save-to-sd-card/ But on Zenfone go, there is no such option to save files on SD, how can I do th...
  • serkangz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Premium Poor Sound Quality Bluetooth Streaming

Hi, I use a Nexus 4 using Android 4.22 and like to stream my music in the car via a Pioneer AVIC-F90BT Stereo. The sound quality is appalling - For the first half a second the sound is perfect, then the sound goes much quieter, the bass goes up far t...

• Regular
  • Hi, I use a Nexus 4 using Android 4.22 and like to stream my music in the car via a Pioneer AVIC-F90BT Stereo. The sound quality is appalling - For the first half a second the sound is perfect, the...
  • KazzyR
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

No functional keys on lock screen

I have a problem with Spotify ...After updating the default Music application, Spotify becomes like slaves namely disappear and function keys while turning the application shuts down.The Music application everything is normal when turning the applica...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem with Spotify ... After updating the default Music application, Spotify becomes like slaves namely disappear and function keys while turning the application shuts down. The Music ap...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Having trouble transferring spotify to sd card

I do have a Samsung J3 2016. I read somewhere in this forum that i should uninstall spotify turn off then remove battery then turn it back on then look for a specific android data and delete. I followed the instructiom diligently but I havent found t...

• Casual Listener
  • I do have a Samsung J3 2016. I read somewhere in this forum that i should uninstall spotify turn off then remove battery then turn it back on then look for a specific android data and delete. I follo...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Unlimited stream

So I purchased a better plan in order to be able to stream my music, but for some reason once my data is used up the songs are always buffering. And it takes forever to connect to internet.What is your definition of music unlimited?

• So I purchased a better plan in order to be able to stream my music, but for some reason once my data is used up the songs are always buffering. And it takes forever to connect to internet. What is ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted Playlists Reappear

Couldn't find anything on this by searching around. Awhile back I used an app called Songlytics that creates playlists for you based on different things. I guess it auto generates and updates them, I didn't use it very long so I'm not sure. Anyways, ...

• Visitor
  • Couldn't find anything on this by searching around. Awhile back I used an app called Songlytics that creates playlists for you based on different things. I guess it auto generates and updates th...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound using bluetooth

I got a Samsung galaxy S3I've used it for a long time to play music from spotify on different devises.Now suddenly it doesn't work no morePhone plays music on internal speaker, but as soon as I turn on BT it goes silent.I've tried it in my car, prota...

• I got a Samsung galaxy S3 I've used it for a long time to play music from spotify on different devises. Now suddenly it doesn't work no more Phone plays music on internal speaker, but as soon as I...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist disappeared

This morning I logged in and got a messege from spotify that I can't have more than 3 devices logged in into my account and that I can't have my downloaded music. I only use my account on my laptop and phone. I do not know what or why this happen, an...

• This morning I logged in and got a messege from spotify that I can't have more than 3 devices logged in into my account and that I can't have my downloaded music. I only use my account on my laptop a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No equalizer on Android

I recently upgraded to Nougat and my Spotify app is on version 7.2.0.1250 armv7.I can't find the inbuilt Spotify equalizer which I had before.Any help would be appreciated

• I recently upgraded to Nougat and my Spotify app is on version 7.2.0.1250 armv7. I can't find the inbuilt Spotify equalizer which I had before. Any help would be appreciated
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Av receiver not showing under devices

My AV receiver is not coming up under devices on my Android even though they're connected to the same wifi. I have no problem connecting to the AV receiver from my iOS device.

• Casual Listener
  • My AV receiver is not coming up under devices on my Android even though they're connected to the same wifi. I have no problem connecting to the AV receiver from my iOS device.
  • carrie83
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Saltan canciones o se reinician todo el tiempo

Hola, ese es el tema, continuamente se saltan canciones, o si no a mitad de una cancion se reinicia y vuelve a sonar desde el principio, me pasa en Android como en ps4. Alguna idea??

• Casual Listener
  • Hola, ese es el tema, continuamente se saltan canciones, o si no a mitad de una cancion se reinicia y vuelve a sonar desde el principio, me pasa en Android como en ps4. Alguna idea??
  • Lastmanxp1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Family] Diffirent adress

I wanna add my brother but i cant remember to what i write my adress. What can i do for this situation?

• I wanna add my brother but i cant remember to what i write my adress. What can i do for this situation?
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes