Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Music gap or glitch when playing

I have a Xperia z5c, and when playing musikk there Would sometimes be a small clitch /gap at aprox 0,5 sec when sound is gone. Similar to the one you get when reciving a message . This only happens when using Spotify. I use offline playlist with WiFi...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Xperia z5c, and when playing musikk there Would sometimes be a small clitch /gap at aprox 0,5 sec when sound is gone. Similar to the one you get when reciving a message . This only happens w...
  • gassolini
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium

I have purchased the .99 intro offer from Spotify Premium for 3 months. My CC was charged and I can't get the premium features to initiate.

• I have purchased the .99 intro offer from Spotify Premium for 3 months. My CC was charged and I can't get the premium features to initiate.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Now Playing bar" GONE!

Hi,Yesterday evening it was there - on both my Android phone and tablet and this evening it is GONE! I can't:- see what's playing- see que- select device for Connect tried to restart and reinstall and clear cache, but nothing helps! Attached screensh...

• Roadie
  • Hi, Yesterday evening it was there - on both my Android phone and tablet and this evening it is GONE!   I can't: - see what's playing - see que - select device for Connect   tried t...
  • johnbull_1975
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio Issues

For a few weeks now I have been having issues trying to bring up the radio part of the app. After opening the app, I click on the hamburger menu, select radio, and then all the app shows is an animated green loading circle but it never loads to anyth...

• Music Fan
  • For a few weeks now I have been having issues trying to bring up the radio part of the app. After opening the app, I click on the hamburger menu, select radio, and then all the app shows is an animat...
  • Acars999
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloaded music disappears

I've downloaded my +10gb playlist to my micro SD and then I'll notice all the music disappears a day or so later??? I've done this a few times with the same results. Is there an expiration time that music can stay on a device?

• I've downloaded my +10gb playlist to my micro SD and then I'll notice all the music disappears a day or so later??? I've done this a few times with the same results. Is there an expiration time that ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant download spotify

Hello community!I bought a cellphone in Colombia, with a Colombian data provider.Everyone use spotify, but I cannot download the app on my cellphone.Any help to fix this?Thanks in advance!

• Casual Listener
  • Hello community! I bought a cellphone in Colombia, with a Colombian data provider. Everyone use spotify, but I cannot download the app on my cellphone. Any help to fix this? Thanks in advan...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast support on Android with connection problems

I have frequently problems to connect to my chromecast stick. Sometimes the connection takes very long, 1-2 minutes, sometimes the connection fails completely. Sometimes the Cast icon is missing. When i start the google cast application everything wo...

• Regular
  • I have frequently problems to connect to my chromecast stick. Sometimes the connection takes very long, 1-2 minutes, sometimes the connection fails completely. Sometimes the Cast icon is missing. Whe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Giftcard code doesn't work

I used a 3 month gift card 10 days ago but spotify doesn't sees it and i can't use my premium right now

• Casual Listener
  • I used a 3 month gift card 10 days ago but spotify doesn't sees it and i can't use my premium right now
  • zinci
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

payed but no premium help

Well ibought premium for 1 dolar 3 month (iwere in poland) and I bought it 10 minute ago my question is how much time ineed wait and what to do cuz when itry downlod the songs it tells me ineed to get premiumAnd idid it pls ansaer me guys what to do ...

• Well ibought premium for 1 dolar 3 month (iwere in poland) and I bought it 10 minute ago my question is how much time ineed wait and what to do cuz when itry downlod the songs it tells me ineed to ge...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Playlists] Disable shuffle from Android App

I think it it ridiculous that mobile users (at least on Android) can't play their playlist without shuffle. We are paying customers after all.

• I think it it ridiculous that mobile users (at least on Android) can't play their playlist without shuffle. We are paying customers after all.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Playlist Concern

Is there a way to put multiple songs (or all) in a playlist at once... On mobile? I've been searching for awhile, but have only found results for PC (which I don't have with me at the moment). I don't really feel like spending a couple hours putting ...

• Is there a way to put multiple songs (or all) in a playlist at once... On mobile? I've been searching for awhile, but have only found results for PC (which I don't have with me at the moment). I don'...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage

In my Galaxy S7 Edge, I've selected storage location to SD card, and it is confirmed that it is selected, but the app continues to use a huge amount of storage on the internal memory of the phone, as it is saving the downloaded songs on both SD card ...

• In my Galaxy S7 Edge, I've selected storage location to SD card, and it is confirmed that it is selected, but the app continues to use a huge amount of storage on the internal memory of the phone, as...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong Version of Song

I don't really know what to say about this one, except to explain my issue. I went to play an album from Tori Amos (Boys for Pele) the other day. The first few songs played just fine, but the fourth track "Professional Widow" started, and it was some...

• Roadie
  • I don't really know what to say about this one, except to explain my issue. I went to play an album from Tori Amos (Boys for Pele) the other day. The first few songs played just fine, but the fourt...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Android

why do all my saved and downloaded songs get away as if I had not premium? have to download all the albums again

• why do all my saved and downloaded songs get away as if I had not premium? have to download all the albums again
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto not showing Spotify

Hi,I have an american Spotify Premium account yet I live abroad in a non-Spotify country.I have managed to download the Spotify app from the link you supplied and everything works great except for Android Auto.Android Auto only recognizes apps downlo...

• Hi, I have an american Spotify Premium account yet I live abroad in a non-Spotify country. I have managed to download the Spotify app from the link you supplied and everything works great except fo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Allow user to select default sound device.

Hello i have just switched from a iphone 7 to a s7. I have already had a look to try and find a solution to the very low volume on bluetooth devices. Can somone please help i have tried everything i can but the volume is so low i have beats solo 3 th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello i have just switched from a iphone 7 to a s7. I have already had a look to try and find a solution to the very low volume on bluetooth devices. Can somone please help i have tried everything i ...
  • Krnkingka
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android re-install help

Re-installed android app to fix some connection issues. Now there is no way to log out or change preferences. I am logged into my premium account. I am currently on Android 6.1

• Casual Listener
  • Re-installed android app to fix some connection issues. Now there is no way to log out or change preferences. I am logged into my premium account. I am currently on Android 6.1
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Search function not working

Hi, The search function on my spotify app often doesn't work.I don't have any wifi-problems, i have updated the app, tried re-installing it, etc. I also have plenty of space on my phone so that can't be the issue either. Any idea how i can fix this? ...

• Hi,  The search function on my spotify app often doesn't work. I don't have any wifi-problems, i have updated the app, tried re-installing it, etc. I also have plenty of space on my phone so t...
  • RodrigoPalma
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Still stuck with hamburger menu

I've updated my app to the latest version but I'm still stuck with the hamburger menu no matter what I do I can't get the bottom bar navigation please help

• Casual Listener
  • I've updated my app to the latest version but I'm still stuck with the hamburger menu no matter what I do I can't get the bottom bar navigation please help
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unplayable artist

So I've been trying to listen to a band called the one hundred. Problem is, i literally cannot. When i listen to artist radio, it automatically skips to the next song, until it's a different artist. When i play it via download, it skips immediately t...

• Regular
  • So I've been trying to listen to a band called the one hundred. Problem is, i literally cannot. When i listen to artist radio, it automatically skips to the next song, until it's a different artist. ...
  • RodrigoPalma
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes