Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files dont last

On my pc I have added some local files to Spotify and added them to a couple play lists so I can play them on my phone. It all works great, I download/sync them on my phone and can listen to them..... for a while. After about 2-3 days the local files...

• Casual Listener
  • On my pc I have added some local files to Spotify and added them to a couple play lists so I can play them on my phone. It all works great, I download/sync them on my phone and can listen to them.......
  • Badmojo420
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android Release Notes

Hello,Since in the Play Store the update information is not a very good source of information what changed or is added, where can I find it? When searching on the board or blog here I can't find much more. Even if it is a small update I would still w...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, Since in the Play Store the update information is not a very good source of information what changed or is added, where can I find it? When searching on the board or blog here I can't find mu...
  • clonedchicken
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Android. Spotify stop (pause) play music when i do Nothing.

Please help, my Spotify make me pause or stop the music when i do Nothing on my telephon. I have Spotify premium. Thanks for help.

• Casual Listener
  • Please help, my Spotify make me pause or stop the music when i do Nothing on my telephon. I have Spotify premium. Thanks for help.
  • John666
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Music] Ads

Hey Spotify!Here's a great idea that EVERYONE who uses Spotify will love!Stop playing 4 minutes of adds for your "Hip Hop Made Me Do It" Or "On Fleek" add, or in fact, any add, for every 2 songs I play! That's right! I listen to 6 minutes of music (o...

• Hey Spotify! Here's a great idea that EVERYONE who uses Spotify will love! Stop playing 4 minutes of adds for your "Hip Hop Made Me Do It" Or "On Fleek" add, or in fact, any add, for every 2 songs ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    music
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Hoe moet ik jullie streaming Q3 t/m Q9 kwaliteit zien?

Er staat beschreven Q3 tm Q9 geloof ik. Waarbij mobiel Q3 en pc of stereo Q5 a 9 zou ontvangen. Nu is het zo dat ik op mijn Android telefoon Spotify open en zoek wat ik wil horen (wifi thuis). Dan geef ik via de mobiel aan via Spotify connect dat het...

• Regular
  • Er staat beschreven Q3 tm Q9 geloof ik. Waarbij mobiel Q3 en pc of stereo Q5 a 9 zou ontvangen.   Nu is het zo dat ik op mijn Android telefoon Spotify open en zoek wat ik wil horen (wifi thuis...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! log in problem

I was listening to my music lastnight and when I when on to it this morning I had been logged out . So I Tried to log in again and it said my username or password was incorrect . I then changed my password and all or that and it is still coming up I'...

• Casual Listener
  • I was listening to my music lastnight and when I when on to it this morning I had been logged out . So I Tried to log in again and it said my username or password was incorrect . I then changed my pa...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Other] Critical accessibility loss

Critical accessibility feedback requires a quick fixOS: AndroidSpotify version: Latest update from the google playUsing: LG G4Os version: 6.0Accessibility service: Google TalkBackMy findings summary: Content descriptive text loss for some buttons aft...

• Critical accessibility feedback requires a quick fix OS: Android Spotify version: Latest update from the google play Using: LG G4 Os version: 6.0 Accessibility service: Google TalkBack My f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

phone lock

whenever i'm listening on mobile with data and lock my phone screen while i'm listening, it will stop playing until i unlock my phone. idk if it's the app or my phone. someone help

• whenever i'm listening on mobile with data and lock my phone screen while i'm listening, it will stop playing until i unlock my phone. idk if it's the app or my phone. someone help
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

hey i got problem with my LG 4

hey. i just got a update that looks like that and when i just want to click to choose a song from the list..spotify opens me the window of the song instead to play the song. what can i do? please help! this screenshot shows the problem! :

• hey. i just got a update that looks like that and when i just want to click to choose a song from the list..spotify opens me the window of the song instead to play the song.   what can i do? p...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! SD Card issue on Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 - Android 6.0.1. - Spotify 6.3.0.822 armV7

Dear, I'm a Spotify user for manuy years now. From time to time I had issues with SD Cards - I always could solve these. Untill now ... I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 and SD Card problem which I cannot solve occurred. I have following configur...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear,    I'm a Spotify user for manuy years now. From time to time I had issues with SD Cards - I always could solve these. Untill now ... I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 and S...
  • agtenstefan
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Notification Bar Format Bug

I just got a new Galaxy 7 a couple weeks ago and yesterday the notification bar that shows the current song is formatted oddly - the font is much smaller, as is the album cover (see attachment). It's not a huge deal, but it's bugging me quite a bit. ...

• Visitor
  • I just got a new Galaxy 7 a couple weeks ago and yesterday the notification bar that shows the current song is formatted oddly - the font is much smaller, as is the album cover (see attachment). It's...
  • mikle_02
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Samsung Galaxy 7
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! "Save to your music" vs offline playlist ?

Ok, I'm confused. What is the difference if I save a song or all the songs I want to the "Your Music" section vs if I make a playlist and make it available offline? Let's say I'm in another country with no data unless I have access to WIFI. Is there ...

• Casual Listener
  • Ok, I'm confused. What is the difference if I save a song or all the songs I want to the "Your Music" section vs if I make a playlist and make it available offline? Let's say I'm in another country w...
  • t0814bk
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Sound quality issue with spotify premium

Hi,Having spotify premium, I am facing very bad sound quality, like if the band is playing in a closed bathroom. The issue comes and goes apparently without any reason. I haven't found and fix to this despite having searched the web and despite it se...

• Hi, Having spotify premium, I am facing very bad sound quality, like if the band is playing in a closed bathroom. The issue comes and goes apparently without any reason. I haven't found and fix to t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalizer

Im on android marshmallow 6.1 and on my old phone i could set my own equalizer settings and now on my android 6.1 marshmallow i cant set my own,What can i do

• Im on android marshmallow 6.1 and on my old phone i could set my own equalizer settings and now on my android 6.1 marshmallow i cant set my own, What can i do
  • Jon_UK
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Zniknęła cała pobrana muzyka

Ponad 3 tys utworów dostępnych offline jest teraz dostępne tylko online. Co robić bo napewno nie będę pobierał wszystkiego od nowa. Musze podkreślić, że zmieniłem telefon i zainstalowałem aplikacje od nowa. Help!

• Ponad 3 tys utworów dostępnych offline jest teraz dostępne tylko online. Co robić bo napewno nie będę pobierał wszystkiego od nowa. Musze podkreślić, że zmieniłem telefon i zainstalowałem aplikacje o...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant play some songs via internet but can on cellular also plays oit load when removing headphones s

So i have premium and i only have a certain amount of mobile data i can use so i prefer to use my internet at home but when i go to play a song on spotify via the internet connection sometimes it will say this song is not available but if i turn inte...

• Casual Listener
  • So i have premium and i only have a certain amount of mobile data i can use so i prefer to use my internet at home but when i go to play a song on spotify via the internet connection sometimes it wil...
  • Jade_hawes1996
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files doesn't work from PC to Android

Hi.(First, sorry for my bad english ^^)When i'm on my PC, i've put a local file into Spotify and i added it to my playlist (this local music file is a cover from youtube).Then, when i go on my Android phone, this file in my playlist is replaced by th...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi. (First, sorry for my bad english ^^) When i'm on my PC, i've put a local file into Spotify and i added it to my playlist (this local music file is a cover from youtube). Then, when i go on my ...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Weird behaviour after some hours of stand-by

Recently, the Spotify Android App won't respond to the Bluetooth controls. Also, the "This song is not available" message pops up on every song except my offline available ones. The issue started occuring after I upgraded from a Nexus 5 to a Pixel XL...

• Recently, the Spotify Android App won't respond to the Bluetooth controls. Also, the "This song is not available" message pops up on every song except my offline available ones.   The issue st...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song may randomly not entirely load while playing in Shuffle or Playlist modes.

My problem is getting weirder. What I just discovered is that the songs, mostly while in playlists or shuffles, aren't entirely loading every time. When this happens, the glitchy song display its proper total play time, but after a random time within...

• Regular
  • My problem is getting weirder. What I just discovered is that the songs, mostly while in playlists or shuffles, aren't entirely loading every time. When this happens, the glitchy song display its pro...
  • Franky4937
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes