Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

2 second break at the end of every track with BT

I have been streaming Spotify music to my car stereo for about 9 months now, mostly without problems. Since the last update to 4.5.0.820 however, there is a break of about 2 seconds nearly at the end of every track. It's mostly during fade out of the...

• Music Fan
  • I have been streaming Spotify music to my car stereo for about 9 months now, mostly without problems. Since the last update to 4.5.0.820 however, there is a break of about 2 seconds nearly at the end...
  • Rick_Blaine
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I browse "Shows"?

This is really confusing. I have only just found about the "Shows"-Feature about a week ago and when I opened it for the first time there was a list of different podcasts by different categories. I followed about 20 of them. When I open the "Shows"-f...

• Music Fan
  • This is really confusing. I have only just found about the "Shows"-Feature about a week ago and when I opened it for the first time there was a list of different podcasts by different categories. I f...
  • JaywalkerHB
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung s6 equaliser stabiliy

Anyone have issues with s6 eq? I find it very frustrating, stability is not great. Why can't phone manufacturers implement a decent eq? I went to Samsung they said speak to Spotify...

• Regular
  • Anyone have issues with s6 eq? I find it very frustrating, stability is not great. Why can't phone manufacturers implement a decent eq? I went to Samsung they said speak to Spotify...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Do downloaded songs still use bandwith?

If I want to listen to a song that I've downloaded, if I have internet access will it stream it or play the file off my phone? I dont want to use bandwith if I just want to listen to an album I've downloaded, nor do I want to put my phone on airplane...

• Regular
  • If I want to listen to a song that I've downloaded, if I have internet access will it stream it or play the file off my phone? I dont want to use bandwith if I just want to listen to an album I've do...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify premium stops randomly

While listening to a playlist, Spotify stops playing the songs after 3-5 Songs. The time bar still runs but no sound is audible. Hitting the play button (pause/play) restarts the song as well as skipping forward/backwards. This occurs with various pl...

• Casual Listener
  • While listening to a playlist, Spotify stops playing the songs after 3-5 Songs. The time bar still runs but no sound is audible. Hitting the play button (pause/play) restarts the song as well as skip...
  • psychofergo
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Android premium issues

I am trying to download the spotify app on my Android phone and the google play store won't let me, saying it is "not available in this country" but I am in the UK and my phone is a UK phone with a UK simcard. I have just paid for premium and so this...

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to download the spotify app on my Android phone and the google play store won't let me, saying it is "not available in this country" but I am in the UK and my phone is a UK phone with a U...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Playlists on Android

I have a play list that I complied on Spotify OS X, which contained a mixture of songs from the Spotify catalouge and local files.Everything is cool on the Mac, but when I play the playlist on my Android phone, the local files won't play (and are gre...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a play list that I complied on Spotify OS X, which contained a mixture of songs from the Spotify catalouge and local files.Everything is cool on the Mac, but when I play the playlist on my And...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"no internet connection"

Spotify on my phone keeps saying i have no internet connection since a couple of days (not in wifi or in 4g). Reinstalled, removed all downloaded songs from my phone, multiple reboots did not help. Is this a known issue since the new update or is thi...

• Regular
  • Spotify on my phone keeps saying i have no internet connection since a couple of days (not in wifi or in 4g). Reinstalled, removed all downloaded songs from my phone, multiple reboots did not help. ...
  • Eldorado
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not in my "country"

I tried to manually change my location in my spotify to the USA but it keeps putting I'm in Mexico, it's starting to get annoying saying that I am not in my country that's set up in my account, please help

• I tried to manually change my location in my spotify to the USA but it keeps putting I'm in Mexico, it's starting to get annoying saying that I am not in my country that's set up in my account, pleas...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Different country
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify No Internet Connection Detected: Error Code 4

Hi, So I'm logging on to my university public wi-fi, which works fun to browse the internet, stream etc. However, when I open Spotify it's always offline and it comes up with a message stating "Error Code: 4". It happens everytime I open Spotify. Can...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,    So I'm logging on to my university public wi-fi, which works fun to browse the internet, stream etc.  However, when I open Spotify it's always offline and it comes up with a m...
  • Arun2kv
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • internet connection
    macbook pro
    OS X El Capitan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files

So I am trying to get my local files from my desktop to my android phone but nothing seems to be working. They are both connected on the same internet and everything and I see the song in my playslist on my phone, the problem is it won't let me play ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I am trying to get my local files from my desktop to my android phone but nothing seems to be working. They are both connected on the same internet and everything and I see the song in my playslis...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is spotify starting up to homepage now instead of my libary?

When you open the app now the first screen you see is the homepage. It use to open to my libary. How do i fix this issue? I need it to open to my libary. I use spotify while driving and the last thing i need is more steps to get to my saved songs.

• Visitor
  • When you open the app now the first screen you see is the homepage. It use to open to my libary. How do i fix this issue? I need it to open to my libary. I use spotify while driving and the last thin...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline songs won't play!!!

Made my songs available offline, they're showing as downloaded but won't play or on the artists page it says "nothing to see" I've paid for this and it does it on a regular basis now!! Nothing but problems since I got it, and I live in a remote area ...

• Casual Listener
  • Made my songs available offline, they're showing as downloaded but won't play or on the artists page it says "nothing to see" I've paid for this and it does it on a regular basis now!! Nothing but pr...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Android Auto Voice search playlists?

Is there any way to use voice commands to bring up playlists in Android Auto? It works with the Amazon Echo, if I say "play playlist x on Spotify", but that functionality does not seem to work with Android Auto.

• Roadie
  • Is there any way to use voice commands to bring up playlists in Android Auto? It works with the Amazon Echo, if I say "play playlist x on Spotify", but that functionality does not seem to work with A...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android auto
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify running with no sound on Sony Z5 Compact

Hi, Spotify worked perfectly the first time I installed in then when I tried to use it a second time, it looked like it was working but there was no sound (sound works perfectly on all other apps etc.) I uninstalled and it worked ok first time again,...

• Hi,   Spotify worked perfectly the first time I installed in then when I tried to use it a second time, it looked like it was working but there was no sound (sound works perfectly on all other...
  • pedrot-96
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • sony z5 compact no sound
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android 5.1.1 - How do you change the storage location?

Hello community, I have used spotify premium for a half a year now. I tried to store my music onto my SDXC card. First the spotify app continued storing the music to my internal storage. After reinstalling the app it started to store the music on my ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello community,   I have used spotify premium for a half a year now. I tried to store my music onto my SDXC card. First the spotify app continued storing the music to my internal storage. Aft...
  • Huthman
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound the songs

No se escucha la canción siguiente en mi lista de reproducción, cuando inicia la siguente cancion, no se escucha, pero si sigue reproduciendose como si le bajara el volumen y cuando termina, ya no reproduce la siguente. ¿Me podrían ayudar? Estoy dese...

• No se escucha la canción siguiente en mi lista de reproducción, cuando inicia la siguente cancion, no se escucha, pero si sigue reproduciendose como si le bajara el volumen y cuando termina, ya no re...
  • Lu23
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No se escucha despues de la primer canción

Qué pasa, toca la primer canción y se supone debe continuar la siguiente pero solo avanza y no se scucha la música, diganme cómo solucionar eso por favor...

• Qué pasa, toca la primer canción y se supone debe continuar la siguiente pero solo avanza y no se scucha la música, diganme cómo solucionar eso por favor...
  • snd1987
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Moved com.spotify.music storage cache folder to SD card, and now won't play offline songs

Hi, The spotify folder cache was taking up too much space on my phone, so through file explorer, I found the offending files whichwere in the com.spotify.music storage cache folder and moved these to my SD card. Spotify then would not find these file...

• Hi,   The spotify folder cache was taking up too much space on my phone, so through file explorer, I found the offending files which were in the com.spotify.music storage  cache fol...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files No Longer Sync

When adding local files to a playlist on my computer, I can no longer sync that music to the Android app. Steps to reproduce the issue:Made sure computer and phone are on same networkCreated new playlist from computer Spotify appAdded directory to Lo...

• Music Fan
  • When adding local files to a playlist on my computer, I can no longer sync that music to the Android app.   Steps to reproduce the issue: Made sure computer and phone are on same network Cr...
  • Lazz0r
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes