Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

login on desktop fine - cannot login on Android 5.1.1 - Nexus6

i reset my pwlogged in on desktop fine cleared cache and app data on Nexus 6 logged in many times with the same credentials that work on desktop "Unable to login. Either the UserName or Password are incorrect." which is untrue..... help me with this ...

• Casual Listener
  • i reset my pw logged in on desktop fine   cleared cache and app data on Nexus 6   logged in many times with the same credentials that work on desktop    "Unable to login. E...
  • lazlonger
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't view all artist I'm following

I'm following approximately 425 artist, however on the app and the website I'm only able to view about 350 when I'm looking at my music-artist. What gives?

• I'm following approximately 425 artist, however on the app and the website I'm only able to view about 350 when I'm looking at my music-artist. What gives?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • artist
    my music
    view
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not working on Galaxy S3

Hello, I am a premium account holder and for some reason Spotify has decided not to work on my Galaxy S3. I've tried uninstalling, etc but still the same problem. I get the message "No Internet Connection Available" even though I'm connected to the W...

• Regular
  • Hello, I am a premium account holder and for some reason Spotify has decided not to work on my Galaxy S3.  I've tried uninstalling, etc but still the same problem.     I get the mess...
  • msucj21
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Notifications about playlist from a user I don't follow.

I am receiving multiple new playlist notifications from a user MBINGRCONNECT. I don't want the notifications, I already received more than enough. How can I stop this, if I already don't follow that user?

• I am receiving multiple new playlist notifications from a user MBINGRCONNECT. I don't want the notifications, I already received more than enough. How can I stop this, if I already don't follow that ...
  • DannyFL
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
    message inbox
    Notifications
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline playlists

I was trying to get my playlists to download forever and finally found in spotify settings>streaming quality, make sure the "sync over cellular" is turned on....

• I was trying to get my playlists to download forever and finally found in spotify settings>streaming quality, make sure the "sync over cellular" is turned on....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: can't share to spotify-user anymore??!!!

Hi, my daughter's account was created with her standard email address and I have been able to add her to my friends list using the work round but she does not appear in the list of users when I click share. The list of users in share is only my Faceb...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, my daughter's account was created with her standard email address and I have been able to add her to my friends list using the work round but she does not appear in the list of users when I click...
  • mapuya19
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved music suddenly disappears

Using Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G710) with Spotify 3.2.0.1197 (latest according to my Google Play) and use a premium Facebook-based accountIt's been two times now that after I finish listening to a downloaded album, it immediately shows that no trac...

• Casual Listener
  • Using Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G710) with Spotify 3.2.0.1197 (latest according to my Google Play) and use a premium Facebook-based account It's been two times now that after I finish listening t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect issue

I have tried to reconnect my account on both my pc and Android app. But I can't get my android app to pick up my pc spotify.I know the faqs already. Both are under my username and on the same network. Same frequency too. My home's 5ghz one. Could any...

• Visitor
  • I have tried to reconnect my account on both my pc and Android app. But I can't get my android app to pick up my pc spotify. I know the faqs already. Both are under my username and on the same netwo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

factory reset phone..premium gone no playlist

Factory reset my phone kinda by mistake...but anyways..are downloaded spotify..signed in..no premium no nothing..

• Factory reset my phone kinda by mistake...but anyways..are downloaded spotify..signed in..no premium no nothing..
  • DasPeter
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

premium account on another account?

Alright well I subscribed as premium today on my Facebook account and it said I had to make an account so I did. Now the premium is on the account than on my Facebook? I don't understand how that makes sense.

• Casual Listener
  • Alright well I subscribed as premium today on my Facebook account and it said I had to make an account so I did. Now the premium is on the account than on my Facebook? I don't understand how that mak...
  • DasPeter
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album offline available, slider green or grey

Hey, I dont understand the green arrow and slider for offline available. It seems that it doesn't make any difference if a albun is set to offline available or not (the slider in the album)The green arrow for offline available stay there. FYI: moto G...

• Regular
  • Hey, I dont understand the green arrow and slider for offline available.   It seems that it doesn't make any difference if a albun is set to offline available or not (the slider in the al...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files counting against offline limit

The songs in playlists from my Local Files is counting against my download/syncing/offline limit. It's not suppose to.First I download all Spotify songs for offline use, there is no problem, there are less than 1000.Then I start downloading songs in ...

• Regular
  • The songs in playlists from my Local Files is counting against my download/syncing/offline limit. It's not suppose to. First I download all Spotify songs for offline use, there is no problem, there ...
  • DannyFL
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

ANDROID - Not storing offline in SD card (BQ E5 FHD 4.4.2)

Hello, I am thinking of cancelling my subscription. I can't get the offline files to save on the SD card. I mainly use Spotify in the car and I need my playlists to load on the SD card. I have a BQ E5 FHD with 16GB internal memory and a 32GB SD card....

01.png 2.png 3.png 4.png
  • Regular
  • Hello,   I am thinking of cancelling my subscription. I can't get the offline files to save on the SD card. I mainly use Spotify in the car and I need my playlists to load on the SD card. &nb...
  • DBASCO
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Local album arts not showing up on phone

I've synced some local tracks to my phone and they all have the correct album covers and I can see them when using Spotify on my laptop, but not on my phone. Is this a bug from the recent update or something? It worked before the update I think.

• Casual Listener
  • I've synced some local tracks to my phone and they all have the correct album covers and I can see them when using Spotify on my laptop, but not on my phone. Is this a bug from the recent update or s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does my phone keep desynching!

I have only sunced one device.....my note three.I have sattelite internet at home so downloading offline is a pain in the but gotta go somewhere free wifi if dont wanna breech download cap or cell data limit.Spotify keeps desyncing my library...delet...

• Casual Listener
  • I have only sunced one device.....my note three. I have sattelite internet at home so downloading offline is a pain in the but gotta go somewhere free wifi if dont wanna breech download cap or cell ...
  • Horseranch86
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync between android and PC, device doesn't show up on PC

I have been at this for over an hour now and Spotify support is useless, I'm hoping someone here can help since it is apparently too much to ask that this company have a competent help service. I have my devices connected to the same wi fi, and have ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been at this for over an hour now and Spotify support is useless, I'm hoping someone here can help since it is apparently too much to ask that this company have a competent help service. I hav...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

'Search' option disappeared after upgrade

Hi, Subject basically is my question: couple of weeks ago i had an update for Spotify that downloaded automatically on my phone.After that, the 'search' option in the menu was gone, all the other options are still working fine and all, but I miss thi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Subject basically is my question: couple of weeks ago i had an update for Spotify that downloaded automatically on my phone. After that, the 'search' option in the menu was gone, all th...
  • farah_29
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify app continually access network by data connection when phone enter sleep mode

Dear developer, We download the Spotify(Android version:3.0.0.1124) from market and login, and listen to some music for a while,then pause music, and go to Home Screen and enter sleep mode by pressing power key. We find the spotify app continually ac...

• Dear developer,    We download the Spotify(Android version:3.0.0.1124) from market and login, and listen to some music for a while,then pause music, and go to Home Screen and enter sleep m...
  • DannyFL
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists constantly disable offline and always downloading

I am at the end of my tether. Sicne the security uipdate 4 months ago, on Android my playlists happily download and use GBs of data. I only 20 playlists that are offline. They work for a single session. When I go back in, they are no longer offline. ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am at the end of my tether.  Sicne the security uipdate 4 months ago, on Android my playlists happily download and use GBs of data. I only 20 playlists that are offline.  They work for a ...
  • callandy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP! Spotify crashes on Galaxy S4 Lollipop

Hi!I have Spotify version 3.1.0.1117 on my S4 with Lillipop 5.0.1.When I start the app its just black and the messege "Spotify has stopped" appears. Tryed to re-install Spotify and delete the files from the Android-folder but it won't delete! Whats w...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I have Spotify version 3.1.0.1117 on my S4 with Lillipop 5.0.1. When I start the app its just black and the messege "Spotify has stopped" appears.   Tryed to re-install Spotify and delet...
  • ShatteredEnigma
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes