Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Note 4 Sticky Notification and Lock Screen Controls not working

Hello. I recently got the Note 4 from T Mobile and downloaded Spotify. However when I started using it I noticed something wrong with the sticky notification telling you the song and controls and also the controls on my lock screen. Whenever I press ...

• ...ttps://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/mobileforumtopicpage/board-id/spotifyandroid/thread-id/33466 I have tried disabling music controllers like Milk and Google Music but it doesn't do anything. Is t...
  • anderslau
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Syncing Spotify tracks to a third party playlist

I would like to be able to put my Spotify tracks on another playlist on my phone. I pay for Spotify premium, so I can listen to my music on my phone, even when I'm offline. The problem is that I really, really like Taylor Swift. Since-for whatever re...

• I would like to be able to put my Spotify tracks on another playlist on my phone. I pay for Spotify premium, so I can listen to my music on my phone, even when I'm offline. The problem is that I real...
  • LordRollin
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unwanted playlists

Hello everyone, I hope someone can shine some light on this *little issue I'm having.I have premium Spotify and never had a problem until last week and still continues.When I open Spotify on my Android devices and iphone I have extra playlists that I...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone, I hope someone can shine some light on this *little issue I'm having. I have premium Spotify and never had a problem until last week and still continues. When I open Spoti...
  • lzgn4
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't work on my phone

I can't get the Spotify app to work. The problem appears to be caused By a Mcdonald's advert that has a video on it. Everytime that ad comes up, it freezes Android, and I have to restart my phone. I can't listen any music at all because the mcdonald'...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't get the Spotify app to work. The problem appears to be caused By a Mcdonald's advert that has a video on it. Everytime that ad comes up, it freezes Android, and I have to restart my phone. I ...
  • randomrespect
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stuck at logging in screen

Just bought the new galaxy s6 there and installed Spotify but i kept on getting stuck at the logging in screen..... I use my facebook account to log in. when i click log in with facebook the phone just kept on loading says "logging in please wait".Th...

• Regular
  • Just bought the new galaxy s6 there and installed Spotify but i kept on getting stuck at the logging in screen..... I use my facebook account to log in. when i click log in with facebook the phone ju...
  • DannyFL
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing a song on an offline playlist?

Hi guys, Recently upgraded to premium (best decision). I have a playlist for commuting to work which I've taken offline. Don't want to use any data. I reguarly remove songs from that playlist and add more. My question is: when I remove a song from an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,   Recently upgraded to premium (best decision).   I have a playlist for commuting to work which I've taken offline. Don't want to use any data. I reguarly remove songs from tha...
  • DannyFL
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Lagging app and or slow

I reinstalled the app. Tried everything. Songs take forever to change and the app itself is very slow and laggy. Plus the Bluetooth sucks through vehicle play

• Casual Listener
  • I reinstalled the app. Tried everything. Songs take forever to change and the app itself is very slow and laggy. Plus the Bluetooth sucks through vehicle play
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Save songs to SD cards

Hey, I am trying to download music on my phone before I go away. But I cannot figure out how to download it onto my SD Card rather than my internal storage. Is it possible to change this? If so how? Thanks in advance!!

• Visitor
  • Hey,   I am trying to download music on my phone before I go away.   But I cannot figure out how to download it onto my SD Card rather than my internal storage.   Is it possible ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Radio - Previously liked songs don't show liked when played again

Today I liked a song using playlist radio and it added to my Liked from Radio playlist which is fine. Now fast forward 5 hours later that same song came on again still playing on radio and the thumbs up icon didn't show that I previously liked it. So...

• Regular
  • Today I liked a song using playlist radio and it added to my Liked from Radio playlist which is fine. Now fast forward 5 hours later that same song came on again still playing on radio and the thumbs...
  • cbryan79
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes

Problems with Spotify and eTeknix homepage

When I'm listening to music and browsing the site www.eteknix.com the song always stops after a while and the player closes down.I doesn't give me any crash report or anything.If anyone else got the same problem, it would be great to know.

• Casual Listener
  • When I'm listening to music and browsing the site www.eteknix.com the song always stops after a while and the player closes down. I doesn't give me any crash report or anything. If anyone else go...
  • velihukka
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Infamous spotify pausing issue

So I've been dealing with this issue for about 24 hours now. I tried every suggestion on the community and web. Uninstalled, deleted folders, reinstalled, logged out all sessions, changed my password, formatted my SD card, restored my phone to stock ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I've been dealing with this issue for about 24 hours now.  I tried every suggestion on the community and web.  Uninstalled, deleted folders, reinstalled, logged out all sessions, changed...
  • bbohica
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Pausing playback
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Search button in main menu missing in newest Android update (3.1.0.1117)

Yesterday my Samsung Galaxy S3 automatically updated my Spotify app to the latest update. Much to my horror, the "Search" button in the slideout menu is gone. I searched the app up and down and could not find any way to search. So I resorted to going...

• Casual Listener
  • Yesterday my Samsung Galaxy S3 automatically updated my Spotify app to the latest update. Much to my horror, the "Search" button in the slideout menu is gone. I searched the app up and down and could...
  • TiGWolf
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 14 likes

Offline content filter

Is it just me but I can't find the option to only show playlists that have been downloaded. I've got lots of folders and playlists and would like only downloaded to be shown..

• Roadie
  • Is it just me but I can't find the option to only show playlists that have been downloaded. I've got lots of folders and playlists and would like only downloaded to be shown.. 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

no offline use for some local files

About 30% of my songs (from the playlists that have my Local Files) stay greyed out when offline and they won't download. I am assuming these are songs Spotify are not authorized to play, but Spotify is supposed to play/download any non protected Loc...

• Regular
  •  About 30% of my songs (from the playlists that have my Local Files) stay greyed out when offline and they won't download. I am assuming these are songs Spotify are not authorized to play, but S...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

stored music files issue

I am a Premium user and have been noticing that time to time Spotify tries to download all my stored music files again. Does anyone know how to solve this? Thanks in advance.

• I am a Premium user and have been noticing that time to time Spotify tries to download all my stored music files again. Does anyone know how to solve this?   Thanks in advance.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sony Z3 to digifunk

How do I get spotify to play on my digifunk with a sono Z3 phone? An iPhone 4s works with airplay fine.Any help would be appreciated?Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • How do I get spotify to play on my digifunk with a sono Z3 phone? An iPhone 4s works with airplay fine. Any help would be appreciated? Thanks
  • Davidoff-5
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android app login failure

I get the message "you already created an account with that email address" when I try to log in. Is this the same fault that requires me to delete the app, wipe my sd carf, spin around three times and bark like a chicken? I see lots of reports of iss...

• Visitor
  • I get the message "you already created an account with that email address" when I try to log in. Is this the same fault that requires me to delete the app, wipe my sd carf, spin around three times an...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    errors
    Login
    waste of time
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved song quality before enabling extreme quality

Premium user on an android phone here... C= I recently discovered I had the High quality option enabled for Downloads (offline mode), so I switch to Extreme quality but I don't notice any difference when listening to my songs which I saved before swi...

• Visitor
  • Premium user on an android phone here... C=   I recently discovered I had the High quality option enabled for Downloads (offline mode), so I switch to Extreme quality&nbs...
  • mabrekito
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! account

I created my account though fb in Italy but now I'm in Canada and I just reset my phone, now that I'm putting back all my apps spotify won't let me sign in with fb , it keeps saying ," oh it seems you ate trying to log in from another country."When I...

• I created my account though fb in Italy but now I'm in Canada and I just reset my phone, now that I'm putting back all my apps spotify won't let me sign in with fb , it keeps saying ," oh it seems yo...
  • atom1989
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't sync local files!

As the title says, my samsung galaxy s5 just won't sync my local files from my computer. I've read and tried everything the help thread recommended but it just won't work.

• As the title says, my samsung galaxy s5 just won't sync my local files from my computer. I've read and tried everything the help thread recommended but it just won't work. 
  • biff
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes