Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

no offline use for some local files

About 30% of my songs (from the playlists that have my Local Files) stay greyed out when offline and they won't download. I am assuming these are songs Spotify are not authorized to play, but Spotify is supposed to play/download any non protected Loc...

• Regular
  •  About 30% of my songs (from the playlists that have my Local Files) stay greyed out when offline and they won't download. I am assuming these are songs Spotify are not authorized to play, but S...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

stored music files issue

I am a Premium user and have been noticing that time to time Spotify tries to download all my stored music files again. Does anyone know how to solve this? Thanks in advance.

• I am a Premium user and have been noticing that time to time Spotify tries to download all my stored music files again. Does anyone know how to solve this?   Thanks in advance.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sony Z3 to digifunk

How do I get spotify to play on my digifunk with a sono Z3 phone? An iPhone 4s works with airplay fine.Any help would be appreciated?Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • How do I get spotify to play on my digifunk with a sono Z3 phone? An iPhone 4s works with airplay fine. Any help would be appreciated? Thanks
  • Davidoff-5
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android app login failure

I get the message "you already created an account with that email address" when I try to log in. Is this the same fault that requires me to delete the app, wipe my sd carf, spin around three times and bark like a chicken? I see lots of reports of iss...

• Visitor
  • I get the message "you already created an account with that email address" when I try to log in. Is this the same fault that requires me to delete the app, wipe my sd carf, spin around three times an...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    errors
    Login
    waste of time
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved song quality before enabling extreme quality

Premium user on an android phone here... C= I recently discovered I had the High quality option enabled for Downloads (offline mode), so I switch to Extreme quality but I don't notice any difference when listening to my songs which I saved before swi...

• Visitor
  • Premium user on an android phone here... C=   I recently discovered I had the High quality option enabled for Downloads (offline mode), so I switch to Extreme quality&nbs...
  • mabrekito
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! account

I created my account though fb in Italy but now I'm in Canada and I just reset my phone, now that I'm putting back all my apps spotify won't let me sign in with fb , it keeps saying ," oh it seems you ate trying to log in from another country."When I...

• I created my account though fb in Italy but now I'm in Canada and I just reset my phone, now that I'm putting back all my apps spotify won't let me sign in with fb , it keeps saying ," oh it seems yo...
  • atom1989
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't sync local files!

As the title says, my samsung galaxy s5 just won't sync my local files from my computer. I've read and tried everything the help thread recommended but it just won't work.

• As the title says, my samsung galaxy s5 just won't sync my local files from my computer. I've read and tried everything the help thread recommended but it just won't work. 
  • biff
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to log in

Hello, i am having problem login into the app, it stays at "logging in" when i use credential and when i use facebook to log in it stays on the logging screen aswell, after awhile it just goes back, to the user/pass screen, i have tried doing a coupl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, i am having problem login into the app, it stays at "logging in" when i use credential and when i use facebook to log in it stays on the logging screen aswell, after awhile it just goes back, ...
  • Risengeth
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! The app is closing alone.

After the last update, the app plays only one song and then automatically closes.

• Visitor
  • After the last update, the app plays only one song and then automatically closes.
  • mikeblessing
  • Roadie
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Connect + Sony SRS-X7

Big problems with connection. Every time my Xperia Z2 is turning of the screen the Spotify connection is lost. Sometimes when I am jumping forward in the main play screen the connection is lost. When it is back online the previous songvis shown as pl...

• Gig Goer
  • Big problems with connection. Every time my Xperia Z2 is turning of the screen the Spotify connection is lost. Sometimes when I am jumping forward in the main play screen the connection is lost. When...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Sony
    SRS-X7
    Xperia
    Z2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able to log in

Firstly, I tired downloading a new song from the internet and it said I was not connected to the internet but that was clearly wrong because I was connected to a wifi network. So I reinstalled the app, tried logging in with my username and password b...

• Casual Listener
  • Firstly, I tired downloading a new song from the internet and it said I was not connected to the internet but that was clearly wrong because I was connected to a wifi network.  So I reinstalled ...
  • mshilling81790
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

LOCAL File PLAYBACk

Hey, I am having a problem. I set up a playlist on my computer and synched it with my phone it has local files that are both located on my computer and on my mobile device. I still cannot play these local files. How do I fix this problem. I would lov...

• Hey,   I am having a problem.  I set up a playlist on my computer and synched it with my phone it has local files that are both located on my computer and on my mobile device.  I sti...
  • PhantomDiesel
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music

Why can't I change any of the music I have saved on my account? It was working fine a week ago but now it is stuck on shuffle and says that im always offline even though i have 3G.

• Visitor
  • Why can't I change any of the music I have saved on my account? It was working fine a week ago but now it is stuck on shuffle and says that im always offline even though i have 3G.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify doesn't save offline playlists to external SD-card

Hey! My Spotify app became extremely laggy and slow after an update of Spotify, so I reinstalled it and deleted all my offline playlists. But now, whenever I try make a playlist offline, it just saves the music to my internal SD, which only has a few...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey!   My Spotify app became extremely laggy and slow after an update of Spotify, so I reinstalled it and deleted all my offline playlists. But now, whenever I try make a playlist offline, it ...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Avançar para próxima musica não funciona com a Capa Flip Cover S View (S5)

Boa tarde, Possuo um Samsung Galaxy S5, venho enfrentando esse problema chato uma vez que tenho a Capa Flip Cover S View ao abrir o Spotify e fechar a capa o mesmo não habilita o plugin para avançar a musica na tela modificada da capa somente na tela...

• Boa tarde,    Possuo um Samsung Galaxy S5, venho enfrentando esse problema chato uma vez que tenho a Capa Flip Cover S View ao abrir o Spotify e fechar a capa o mesmo não habilita o plugi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Next Song
    plugin
    Samsung
    SM-G900M
    Tela de Bloqueio
    view
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Saying offline when not.

Samsung tab 4 - just home wifi. I updated it Wednesday night because it said I had an update and well since then I can't play songs or do anything basically. It says I'm offline and there's no internet connection when I;m not as everything else works...

• Casual Listener
  • Samsung tab 4 - just home wifi.    I updated it Wednesday night because it said I had an update and well since then I can't play songs or do anything basically. It says I'm offline  ...
  • hanslowbot
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Samsung Galaxy 6 - not moving to next song through bluetooth

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't see anything similar. I listen to Spotify via my phone through the bluetooth system in my car. On the S6 (I've just upgraded from the S4), when I use the radio / bluetooth devices "next / s...

• Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't see anything similar.   I listen to Spotify via my phone through the bluetooth system in my car. On the S6 (I've just upgraded from...
  • teffisk
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bluetooth
    Next
    Samsung S6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs skip after 15 seconds (+/-) over bluetooth

The title says it all really. The application works fine with headphones or simply playing from my phones speaker (Droid RAZR) but if I connect my phone to the car spotify skips songs consistently at roughly the 15 second mark. This used to happen on...

• Visitor
  • The title says it all really. The application works fine with headphones or simply playing from my phones speaker (Droid RAZR) but if I connect my phone to the car spotify skips songs consistently at...
  • teffisk
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync local files

Samsung galaxy sII. I can sync my spotify songs, but i can't sync my files that are local to my desktop. I have plenty of room on my phone. i deleted all playlists and just tried to sync 4 songs, it only synced the 2 spotify songs, so it's not an iss...

• Casual Listener
  • Samsung galaxy sII. I can sync my spotify songs, but i can't sync my files that are local to my desktop.  I have plenty of room on my phone. i deleted all playlists and just tried to sync 4 song...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes

Why is volume of Spotify so much lower than all other apps?

So I've just installed the Spotify app on my Sony z3 and the volume is so much lower than all the other audio out puts.. I have no issue listening to audio normally via the normal music player but with Spotify I have to put volume on max and muck abo...

• Casual Listener
  • So I've just installed the Spotify app on my Sony z3 and the volume is so much lower than all the other audio out puts.. I have no issue listening to audio normally via the normal music player but wi...
  • Matthewjdavy
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes