Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound is lowered

When i listen to music the volume sometimes is lowered. I have to pause the music and play again and the music return to the original volume.Samsung Galaxy S6. Spotify 2.9.0.890

• When i listen to music the volume sometimes is lowered. I have to pause the music and play again and the music return to the original volume. Samsung Galaxy S6. Spotify 2.9.0.890
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Internet connection fails after phone update, can't log in!!

Hey,I have a Galaxy5S and I'm using Spotify now for quite a while. But today the internet connection wouldnt work after I installed the new update first I restarted my phone after that didn't work. I de-& re-installed spotify. Now I cant even Log in,...

• Hey, I have a Galaxy5S and I'm using Spotify now for quite a while. But today the internet connection wouldnt work after I installed the new update first I restarted my phone after that didn't work....
  • Ollie6
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

album in wrong oder after adding it to my collection

I added and downloaded the auiobook 1Q84 from Haruki Murakami.After adding it to my collcetion, the order is wrong. Shuffle is disabled. Other albums doesn't seem to bee effected.I can work around that, by openig the currently playing track in full s...

• I added and downloaded the auiobook 1Q84 from Haruki Murakami. After adding it to my collcetion, the order is wrong. Shuffle is disabled. Other albums doesn't seem to bee effected. I can work aroun...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone Crashes when playing local files

Hello everybody, I've got a really annoying issue with playing local files on my Huawei Y300. The Spotify app does play the local files, but whenever I put my phone on stand-by (just a black screen), and turn it back on, the phone crashes. This does ...

• Visitor
  • Hello everybody,   I've got a really annoying issue with playing local files on my Huawei Y300. The Spotify app does play the local files, but whenever I put my phone on stand-by (just a black...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    crashes
    crashing
    local files
    stand-by
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

A want to know if a have to pay or upgrade,to listen to the music off line

Want to no after I've downloaded the songs in my house with my wifeDo a still get to listen to them even though iam off-line

• Casual Listener
  • Want to no after I've downloaded the songs in my house with my wife Do a still get to listen to them even though iam off-line
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

A want to know if a have to pay or upgrade,to listen to the music off line

Want to no after I've downloaded the songs in my house with my wifeDo a still get to listen to them even though iam off-line

• Casual Listener
  • Want to no after I've downloaded the songs in my house with my wife Do a still get to listen to them even though iam off-line
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there an intent for add to my music?

I'd also be interested in a complete liset of available intents. 

• Regular
  • I'd also be interested in a complete liset of available intents. 
  • cruelty
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to delete all library and start from scratch

Is it possible to delete all songs from my Spotify my songs section? If so how?Thanks,Callum

• Regular
  • Is it possible to delete all songs from my Spotify my songs section? If so how? Thanks, Callum
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App works when it wants.

Everyone I use the app, it is very slow. Search is slow, if it works at all. Sometimes it tells me I am offline when I'm not. Sometimes the search will just time out. When I try loading my artists/albums/tracks, it will only load maybe half and the r...

• Everyone I use the app, it is very slow. Search is slow, if it works at all. Sometimes it tells me I am offline when I'm not. Sometimes the search will just time out. When I try loading my artists/al...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

HTC Liberty error messages

When trying to download the spotify I get error message "no app can be found to open this file" or if I try using the log in option from google error message "content not supported on phone. Also, when I try to go to google play store through google ...

• Casual Listener
  • When trying to download the spotify I get error message  "no app can be found to open this file" or if I try using the log in option from google error message "content not supported on phone. &...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

The Beatles Aren't Available on my Android Phone

I recently imported a bunch of my CD's to my iTunes. Everything transferred over to Spotify smoothly, and I can listen to everything on my Galaxy s4...except The Beatles. I can listen to the songs through Spotify on my Mac, but in the playlists on my...

• I recently imported a bunch of my CD's to my iTunes. Everything transferred over to Spotify smoothly, and I can listen to everything on my Galaxy s4...except The Beatles. I can listen to the songs th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection problem with spotify and shazam

Hello! Anyone knows if shazam stills support connection with spotify? Today i installed shazam in new android cellphone (Moto X) and only Rdio is avaible! Thanks!

Screenshot_2015-06-04-16-53-04.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello! Anyone knows if shazam stills support connection with spotify?   Today i installed shazam in new android cellphone (Moto X) and only Rdio is avaible!     Thanks!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

after equalizer volume changes

HeySince I changed the settings the sound volume changes all the time and it doesn't stop.I changed the equalizer to Normal again but nothing happend

• Hey Since I changed the settings the sound volume changes all the time and it doesn't stop. I changed the equalizer to Normal again but nothing happend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Connect radio pioneer android

Hello!!! I have a problem when listen music in my car. It have a radio pionner avh-x2650bt and mi phone is S5. When I hear music in my phone with spotify on the screen of the car radio information from the original player of the phone and not of Spot...

• Visitor
  • Hello!!!   I have a problem when listen music in my car. It have a radio pionner avh-x2650bt and mi phone is S5.   When I hear music in my phone with spotify on the screen of the c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify - The App FROM HELL

I AM GOING TO POST THIS EVERY DAY UNTIL IT IS FIXED. THIS APP IS HELL. I COME IN TO WORK AND JUST WANT TO SIT AND LISTEN TO MY PREPARED DOWNLOADED PLAYLISTS ON MY ANDROID DEVICE. EVERY F88KING DAY. I START PLAYING AND A FEW SECONDS IN IT STOPS. IT TH...

• Roadie
  • I AM GOING TO POST THIS EVERY DAY UNTIL IT IS FIXED.   THIS APP IS HELL.   I COME IN TO WORK AND JUST WANT TO SIT AND LISTEN TO MY PREPARED DOWNLOADED PLAYLISTS ON MY ANDROID DEVICE. &...
  • EarlPurple
  • Roadie
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

offline to online issue (android)

hi allsince a few weeks (my) spotify has seriously a problem to go from the offline to the online mode.description:i disable the button offline modetype in an artistthe green circle appears and turns for a long timeafter a while the message "oops som...

• Casual Listener
  • hi all since a few weeks (my) spotify has seriously a problem to go from the offline to the online mode. description: i disable the button offline mode type in an artist the green circle a...
  • kley2k
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Equalizers don't work with Spotify

For the last year, I've had to use Spotify with no Equalizer on my OPO, thinking EQ's were just broken on the phone since it's a cheap Chinese phone with thrown-together parts, or perhaps because of the CyanogenMod ROM. I just switched to a Galaxy S6...

• Roadie
  • For the last year, I've had to use Spotify with no Equalizer on my OPO, thinking EQ's were just broken on the phone since it's a cheap Chinese phone with thrown-together parts, or perhaps becaus...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

not playing selected track

after searching for a artist and selecting the track i want to listen to, the 'shuffle play" button will flash and spotify will play something else.i am using a android device.i know this has been reported previously but i have yet to find a solution...

• Casual Listener
  • after searching for a artist and selecting the track i want to listen to, the 'shuffle play" button will flash and spotify will play something else. i am using a android device. i know this has...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Has Stopped Working message - does not even open !

I used to use Spotify on my HTC One M8 regularly and worked fine but now have a GFone mobile as my HTC is in for repair. I have downloaded the Spotify app but keep getting the message Spotify Has Stopped Working - does not even open. All othe apps wo...

• Casual Listener
  • I used to use Spotify on my HTC One M8 regularly and worked fine but now have a GFone mobile as my HTC is in for repair.  I have downloaded the Spotify app but keep getting the message Spotify H...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes