Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

'No Internet connection' message whilst on wifi

Hey, I'm on Spotify premium, running on galaxy s6. No problems at home over WiFi, or in car over network. When I got to work and hooked up to their WiFi I ran into problems the connection was strong and consistent. Spotify would let me see all my lis...

• Hey, I'm on Spotify premium, running on galaxy s6. No problems at home over WiFi, or in car over network. When I got to work and hooked up to their WiFi I ran into problems 😞 the connection was stro...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why am I forced to try the premium service in order to listen free with shuffle play?

Updated to latest version on my Sony Xenia Z3 compact, but when I hit the shuffle play button, an message pops up, asking me to try the premium service. Even if I hit the "later" button, nothing happens and no music is played. I could only listen to ...

• Updated to latest version on my Sony Xenia Z3 compact, but when I hit the shuffle play button, an message pops up, asking me to try the premium service. Even if I hit the "later" button, nothing happ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    forced premium
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How to stop cross device play

Hi Spotify and community! I do not want to continue listening to the music I heard on my laptop when I use spotify after that on my androoid phone.How can I stop this connection? Further details:I have spotify on my desctop and on my phone.When I pla...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify and community!   I do not want to continue listening to the music I heard on my laptop when I use spotify after that on my androoid phone. How can I stop this connection?   ...
  • Frank-o
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android App
    cross device
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with login on multiple devices

I have two accounts...my premium account which I signed up for with Facebook, and my non premium which I signed up for in app. I want to sign in on my girlfriends tablet, but I cant connect to facebook without logging her out. Is there a way to link ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have two accounts...my premium account which I signed up for with Facebook, and my non premium which I signed up for in app. I want to sign in on my girlfriends tablet, but I cant connect to facebo...
  • twobblez
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

just got premium spotify from using rdio. The music loudness, and quality is very low.

plug into a klipsh amp and speakers with phone, and rdio was alot louder and quality was better. I tried turning off eq in phone and loading music in extreme and all others. This is supposd to be 320 bitrate, and high quality? Volume is very low turn...

• Casual Listener
  • plug into a klipsh amp and speakers with phone, and rdio was alot louder and quality was better. I tried turning off eq in phone and loading music in extreme and all others. This is supposd to be 320...
  • sober7
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify has stopped working!

Hi!I have Spotify premium on a Sony android, and suddenly Spotify has shut down. The message that pops up is: Spotify has unfortunately stopped working. Press "Ok" or "Report". I have done:- reported the problem- uninstalled spotify, then turned of m...

• Regular
  • Hi! I have Spotify premium on a Sony android, and suddenly Spotify has shut down. The message that pops up is: Spotify has unfortunately stopped working. Press "Ok" or "Report". I have done: -...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Smartband controls not working with Spotify

Hi, so I just got my smartband swr10, and it says that I should be able to control music on spotify(play,pause,next song,previous...) , but whenever I try to do it, nothing happens. I am a premium user and my phone is Xperia Z3.

• Hi, so I just got my smartband swr10, and it says that I should be able to control music on spotify(play,pause,next song,previous...) , but whenever I try to do it, nothing happens. I am a premium us...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song tracks skip

I have an Android Galaxy S4. I have re-installed Spotify App 2x as well as clear the cache but, continue to have very frustrating issue with when playing a song, it skips to the next after a few seconds...like a CD that is scratched! I dont know what...

• Regular
  • I have an Android Galaxy S4. I have re-installed Spotify App 2x as well as clear the cache but, continue to have very frustrating issue with when playing  a song, it skips to the next after a fe...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile music on android

Is it possible for me to add music from my phone like on google play, to spotify? i dont really care if its on my computer or not, i really just care about if its on my phone. there are certain songs i have that are remix's of other songs that are on...

• Is it possible for me to add music from my phone like on google play, to spotify? i dont really care if its on my computer or not, i really just care about if its on my phone. there are certain songs...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Account use on Android and IOS

I left my account open on a friends ipad. Ive now logged out all accounts so problem solved. But I'm wondering whether he would have been able to see what I was listening to or view my listening history from my android Galaxy S4 mini before I logged ...

• I left my account open on a friends ipad. Ive now logged out all accounts so problem solved. But I'm wondering whether he would have been able to see what I was listening to or view my listening hist...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! my music won't load specific artist

I can't get any of twiztid Icp abk or blaze to load through my music section if I go to artist it will though just wondering if this was a bug and if not how to trouble fix it

• Casual Listener
  • I can't get any of twiztid Icp abk or blaze to load through my music section if I go to artist it will though just wondering if this was a bug and if not how to trouble fix it
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify not syncing to my car for bluetooth

I've been trying to use spotify in my car via Bluetooth nd everytime I try it never syncs or finds my car even tho my phone nd car already paired nd I can use it for calling nd picking up calls fine but music won't come out my car speakers is there a...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been trying to use spotify in my car via Bluetooth nd everytime I try it never syncs or finds my car even tho my phone nd car already paired nd I can use it for calling nd picking up calls fine ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How I could completely delete an album from my android device?

Hi; I download an album for offline listening and now I want to delete it completely from my device.I click on the dot icon and remove it, I check using unsave and undownload but non of them doing what I want and the files still remain on my SD card ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi;   I download an album for offline listening and now I want to delete it completely from my device. I click on the dot icon and remove it, I check using unsave and undownload but non of th...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Direct User Suggestions

I think the Spotify app should have an option built into the menu to allow users to submit ideas, suggestions, opinions, etc directly to Spotify rather than using a forum. Give Kudos if you agree!

• Gig Goer
  • I think the Spotify app should have an option built into the menu to allow users to submit ideas, suggestions, opinions, etc directly to Spotify rather than using a forum. Give Kudos if you agree!
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

More Player Control Buttons

If one listens to music while browsing lists, one can see the player in the bar at the bottom of the app. The only control this bar offers is a pause button. I think there should be more, at least a 'next track' button. Leave Kudos if you agree.

• Gig Goer
  • If one listens to music while browsing lists, one can see the player in the bar at the bottom of the app. The only control this bar offers is a pause button. I think there should be more, at least a ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium Car Issues

I own a 2009 VW Jetta and constantly listen to my offline playlist, recently i have noticed that the audio from spotify does not come out of my right side passenger speaker. I use an AUX cable and have tried other phones with their default music play...

• I own a 2009 VW Jetta and constantly listen to my offline playlist, recently i have noticed that the audio from spotify does not come out of my right side passenger speaker. I use an AUX cable and ha...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

music is missing

I became a premium member for a few months now and all of a sudden I look and there are certain albums missing from certain groups. If I'm going to constantly lose albums I'm not paying for this anymore. I loved spotify but not anymore

• I became a premium member for a few months now and all of a sudden I look and there are certain albums missing from certain groups. If I'm going to constantly lose albums I'm not paying for this anym...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

riproduzione casuale

buongiorno a tutti. sono momentaneamente registrato con spotify free in attesa di premium. vorrei chiedere come mai quando apro un album mi dà la lista dei brani completa ma non posso selezionare un singolo brano a piacimento, mi dà solo riproduzione...

• buongiorno a tutti. sono momentaneamente registrato con spotify free in attesa di premium. vorrei chiedere come mai quando apro un album mi dà la lista dei brani completa ma non posso selezionare un ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

shuffle and repeat diactivates by itself

When i activate shuffle and/or repeat, it deactivates by itself after some time.. I think its when Spotify is restarted. Is it a bug or a setting?

• When i activate shuffle and/or repeat, it deactivates by itself after some time.. I think its when Spotify is restarted. Is it a bug or a setting?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

spotify has unfortunatly stopped

Hi I keep getting this error on my z2 tablet  and it's getting annoying as I have paid for premium help

• Hi I keep getting this error on my z2 tablet  and it's getting annoying as I have paid for premium help
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes