Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Duplicate Sound

Hi there, so okay this new bug made me make this post. I was listening on the gym some music but suddenly I noticed some strange thing on the music, first I noticed just a interference on the beat, at first I thought it was a problem from my earphone...

• Roadie
  • Hi there, so okay this new bug made me make this post. I was listening on the gym some music but suddenly I noticed some strange thing on the music, first I noticed just a interference on the beat, a...
  • Abner
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

tarjeta SD

Mi sistema es android KitKat, y mi teléfono es el doogee DG310.Es imposible hacer que spotify guarde las canciones en la tarjeta SD, ni siguiendo las instrucciones que hay en el FAQ.Además lleno la memoria del telefono a conciencia a ver si así logro...

• Casual Listener
  • Mi sistema es android KitKat, y mi teléfono es el doogee DG310. Es imposible hacer que spotify guarde las canciones en la tarjeta SD, ni siguiendo las instrucciones que hay en el FAQ. Además lleno ...
  • dijia
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

I can't play my music

I can't play my music it seemed like it just stop it was playing great then it stopped showing what music on the bottom

• Casual Listener
  • I can't play my music it seemed like it just stop it was playing great then it stopped showing what music on the bottom
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

please check you have working sd card and enough space

checked that, uninstalled reinstalled, unmounted sd card, rebooted, cleared cache and nothing works. i have a droid 4 and 4g on my sd card old version worked awesome. 3 hours into my 7 day premium trial. im usualy not bitter but im on a bus and stuck...

• Casual Listener
  • checked that, uninstalled reinstalled, unmounted sd card, rebooted, cleared cache and nothing works. i have a droid 4 and 4g on my sd card old version worked awesome. 3 hours into my 7 day premium tr...
  • ThomasGHenry
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (2.2.0)

What's new in this version (2.2.0) New: Searching for the artists you follow is even easier. Fixed: Tapping Back in Settings no longer closes the app. Fictitious: This app likes to storm the stage at awards ceremonies.

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg
  • Community Legend
  •   What's new in this version (2.2.0)   New: Searching for the artists you follow is even easier. Fixed: Tapping Back in Settings no longer closes the app. Fictitious: This...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Release Notes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone freezing

I'm experiencing phone freezing after using Spotify app. Typically, I am unable to unlock the phone for several minutes, until it recovers. Frequently, this happens to me when I open Spotify for a brief time (for some searching or checking), and then...

• Regular
  • I'm experiencing phone freezing after using Spotify app. Typically, I am unable to unlock the phone for several minutes, until it recovers. Frequently, this happens to me when I open Spotify for...
  • RNRRT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

User uploaded songs disable proceeding to next song

I'm on a galaxy s4 and whenever I finish listening to a user uploaded song, it won't automatically proceed to the next song. It seems to only be on my android based device. No issues on my ipad.

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on a galaxy s4 and whenever I finish listening to a user uploaded song, it won't automatically proceed to the next song. It seems to only be on my android based device. No issues on my ipad.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Phone App Radio Skipping

I have a Galaxy S5. Lately, my radio or any live streaming has randomly been skipping songs or the audio goes away. Why is this and how do I resolve?

• I have a Galaxy S5. Lately, my radio or any live streaming has randomly been skipping songs or the audio goes away. Why is this and how do I resolve?
  • phillyWonka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved albums disappeared on my android device

Hey! Since the latest Spotify android update all my saved albums on my device (HTC One x) are gone. When I use the desktop version of Spotify they still appear in my ´Albums´ list. Logging off and on again and reinstalling Spotify on my device didn´t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! Since the latest Spotify android update all my saved albums on my device (HTC One x) are gone. When I use the desktop version of Spotify they still appear in my ´Albums´ list. Logging off and ...
  • rhh106
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

SD card causes crash

As of the laest version of Spotify, my enitre phone crashes when I have an SD card inserted within. and runs perfectly fine without, testing concluded, that it wasn't isolated to the one SD card nor was it a technical fault originating in the phone, ...

• As of the laest version of Spotify, my enitre phone crashes when I have an SD card inserted within. and runs perfectly fine without, testing concluded, that it wasn't isolated to the one SD card nor ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No SD card found

I keep getting a message saying "No SD card found: We found no place to store our data, please check that you have a working SD card and free space." I know this issue has been documented up to 2 years ago, and it's still happening. I followed the in...

• Casual Listener
  • I keep getting a message saying "No SD card found: We found no place to store our data, please check that you have a working SD card and free space." I know this issue has been documented up to 2 yea...
  • camillo75
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems logging in to Spotify using Facebook on Kindle Fire HDX and desktop computer Windows 7

Hi, I cannot log in to Spotify using Facebook on my Kindle Fire HDX, the error message I get is "You've already created an account using this e-mail address" . I contacted Amazon using the Mayday button on my Kindle and they suggested I remove both a...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I cannot log in to Spotify using Facebook on my Kindle Fire HDX, the error message I get is "You've already created an account using this e-mail address" . I contacted Amazon using the Mayday but...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"waitin to download" issue

why is my music keep saying waitin to download when NOTHING is being downloaded..... HELP

• Casual Listener
  • why is my music keep saying waitin to download when NOTHING is being downloaded.....     HELP
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

volume goes quiet then back to normal

Streaming and off line, volume goes up and down, with equaliser on or off....doing my head in

• Visitor
  • Streaming and off line, volume goes up and down, with equaliser on or off....doing my head in
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline music in internal storage but cache is on SD

I've been trying to get my offline play lists to store on my SD card. I've done the clean install and checked the cache which is in the SD card but when I sync my offline tracks they are still going into the internal storage of the phone. My SD card ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been trying to get my offline play lists to store on my SD card. I've done the clean install and checked the cache which is in the SD card but when I sync my offline tracks they are still going ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify premium

I have a spotify premium account and I moved from the Netherlands to Curaçao. Everything was working fine, till my phone crashed and I needed to reset it. Everything was back to basic. No I've downloaded spotify and installed it on my phone but when ...

• I have a spotify premium account and I moved from the Netherlands to Curaçao. Everything was working fine, till my phone crashed and I needed to reset it. Everything was back to basic. No I've downl...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download offline playlist

I'm using a Droid Maxx, and any time I try to download my playlist so I can listen to it offline, it will download like 90% of it perfectly fine, and then it will just stop and delete all of it. I've tried redownloading it multiple times and it does ...

• I'm using a Droid Maxx, and any time I try to download my playlist so I can listen to it offline, it will download like 90% of it perfectly fine, and then it will just stop and delete all of it. I've...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I am abroad and both my Android and Web player won't connect

Hi, I am a premium subscriber and have travelled abroad away from the UK at the moment - since then, both my Android app and Windows web player won't connect - sometimes it displays error code 114 (connection lost) or simply cannot connect. It does n...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am a premium subscriber and have travelled abroad away from the UK at the moment - since then, both my Android app and Windows web player won't connect - sometimes it displays error ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music player won't stay open in background

I am currently running android 5.0.1 on a nexus 5 (no root). Unlike Google Play Music services, the Spotify music player that used to continue running when I would switch the application has disappeared. The music still plays in the background, howev...

• I am currently running android 5.0.1 on a nexus 5 (no root). Unlike Google Play Music services, the Spotify music player that used to continue running when I would switch the application has disappea...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Local files won't play

So, for the last week or so, my spotify (premium) has been stopping playing the songs I have. Since Spotify doesn't have the files on their end, my local files are downloaded to the playlist. After each song ends, it stops the playlist and won't cont...

• Gig Goer
  • So, for the last week or so, my spotify (premium) has been stopping playing the songs I have. Since Spotify doesn't have the files on their end, my local files are downloaded to the playlist. After ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes