Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify keeps crashing on S4

As stated above, the app keeps crashing. I tried any solution (cancel data, cache, restoring the smartphone, reinstal the app, whatever) but it still crashes randomly. Actually I can't even open it at all, I only see a black screen and the system lau...

• As stated above, the app keeps crashing. I tried any solution (cancel data, cache, restoring the smartphone, reinstal the app, whatever) but it still crashes randomly. Actually I can't even open it...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

wont sync properly

i have a samsung galaxy s5 and have been a paying premium user for over a year now, i recently got a samsung galaxy s5 and when i try to sync playlists offline my starred syncs perfectly then my other playlist syncs and then unsyncs itself, i can the...

• Casual Listener
  • i have a samsung galaxy s5 and have been a paying premium user for over a year now, i recently got a samsung galaxy s5 and when i try to sync playlists offline my starred syncs perfectly then my othe...
  • Bowman99
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Stops

My music stops playing after a couple of minutes into the song and the time goes back to 0. I tried re-installing it onto my phone and when I do it crashes alot before I can even try to listen again. I've restarted my phone and logged in and out of m...

• My music stops playing after a couple of minutes into the song and the time goes back to 0. I tried re-installing it onto my phone and when I do it crashes alot before I can even try to listen again....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalizer keeps going out on me?

I'll be listening to music with my equalizer settings on, and all of the sudden the equalizer will go out and the music will suddenly become much louder due to my equalizer having a lot of bass and being a having th let tube amp setting on. Does anyb...

• Casual Listener
  • I'll be listening to music with my equalizer settings on, and all of the sudden the equalizer will go out and the music will suddenly become much louder due to my equalizer having a lot of bass and b...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

phone to computer to phone?

I have music on my phone that I would like to add to my spotify mobile app. do I have to download all the music on my phone to my computer just so I can redownload onto my phone in the spotify app? Or is there a way I can make spotify play the music ...

• I have music on my phone that I would like to add to my spotify mobile app. do I have to download all the music on my phone to my computer just so I can redownload onto my phone in the spotify app? O...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search button closes spotify

Search button not working, close spotify

• Casual Listener
  • Search button not working, close spotify
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

offline music

Everytime I try and sync my samsung s3 spotify thinks it is a new devices. This means I spend hours downloading the music to listen offline yet I still dont have a single song to play.

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime I try and sync my samsung s3 spotify thinks it is a new devices. This means I spend hours downloading the music to listen offline yet I still dont have a single song to play.
  • PassiveGaming
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Your music new design?

Until now I saw "Your Music" like an all-in-one and I slided left or right when I needed to change from playlist to song, albums, etc... Today "Your music" has changed and I have to select one option (playlist, songs,...) and if I want to change betw...

• Casual Listener
  • Until now I saw "Your Music" like an all-in-one and I slided left or right when I needed to change from playlist to song, albums, etc... Today "Your music" has changed and I have to select one opti...
  • phxkrausehouse
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

downloaded songs are gone

I have a premium account(christmas 3month deal. I payed 99kr and got 3month for free). I downloaded folders and suddenly they became undownloaded again. What happened? Btw not having support phone call option on Spotify really puts a low rank on a bi...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium account(christmas 3month deal. I payed 99kr and got 3month for free). I downloaded folders and suddenly they became undownloaded again. What happened? Btw not having support phone ca...
  • GavinHenderson6
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify skips songs on android app

I have an HTC one and i used to have an HTC evo. When i am listening to my playlists through this device it will start skipping songs all the way to the last song on the playlist regardless of the number of songs on the playlist. If i have the contin...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an HTC one and i used to have an HTC evo.  When i am listening to my playlists through this device it will start skipping songs all the way to the last song on the playlist regardless of ...
  • Sweeneykill
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Use desktop or phone as remote to my Galaxy TAB 4 is impossible.

Hey. Have been enjoying Spotify on my Galaxy TAB 4 for a while now, and I've noticed that the more you actually try to use the remote, the more problems you get. When I pause a song and then wants to play it again, Spotify simply tells me that the "S...

• Gig Goer
  • Hey.   Have been enjoying Spotify on my Galaxy TAB 4 for a while now, and I've noticed that the more you actually try to use the remote, the more problems you get. When I pause a song and th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify Remote
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Android Problem

Basically when I listen to Spotify on my mobile, get a thing where it seems to want to cast to device that's not even mine. Anyway to stop this. Many thanks in advance.

• Regular
  • Basically when I listen to Spotify on my mobile, get a thing where it seems to want to cast to device that's not even mine.  Anyway to stop this.  Many thanks in advance.
  • Timalay
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Your music when opening Spotify.

Ya not happy about being given a menu of "your music" and recently played songs every time I open Spotify. Now when I open Spotify I have to choose playlist to go to my playlist. This is cumbersome and not just slightly annoying, massively annoying. ...

• Roadie
  • Ya not happy about being given a menu of "your music" and recently played songs every time I open Spotify. Now when I open Spotify I have to choose playlist to go to my playlist. This is cumbersome a...
  • phxkrausehouse
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music Stutter/Lag When Screen is Off

Hi, when playing songs the music will stutter when the screen turns off, but plays fine when the screen is on. This happens to downloaded files and streaming if spotify has acces to wifi. Dont happen to downloaded files when spotify hasnt acces to wi...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,    when playing songs the music will stutter when the screen turns off, but plays fine when the screen is on.   This happens to downloaded files and streaming if spotify ha...
  • ArchangelRenzok
  • 27 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Lockscreen controls- Droid Turbo

Just moved from an Iphone to a droid turbo and I love it. The only issue I have is that I don't have access to lockscreen controls. I have lockscreen widgets enabled but spotify doesn't show up as an option. I know this is supported for other android...

• Regular
  • Just moved from an Iphone to a droid turbo and I love it. The only issue I have is that I don't have access to lockscreen controls. I have lockscreen widgets enabled but spotify doesn't show up as an...
  • jlsjimmij
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    droid turbo
    Lockscreen control
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Greyed Out for Android Samsung Device and Laptop, Unable to Save.

I have a Samsung S4 LTE running Kitkat, and an HP Probook running Windows 7. Have also got the latest mobile update for spotify running. I had a few .wma files lurking on my Samsung of Acoustic versions Marianas Trench did on their Face the Music E.P...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung S4 LTE running Kitkat, and an HP Probook running Windows 7. Have also got the latest mobile update for spotify running. I had a few .wma files lurking on my Samsung of  Acoust...
  • oceanbloodmusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • file
    greyed out
    HP Pro-book
    local files
    Samsung S4
    saved music
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

horrible sound quality over bluetooth(nexus7.2->ue boom)

the sound quality i get when using spotify on my nexus 7 connected to the ue boom is veery bad, its fine trough aux, even internal speaker are better than bluetooth. other apps(youtube play music etc..) play just fine in the same setup, i have only n...

• Casual Listener
  • the sound quality i get when using spotify on my nexus 7 connected to the ue boom is veery bad, its fine trough aux, even internal speaker are better than bluetooth.   other apps(youtube pla...
  • T72D
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify update

The update made my songs stop playing after 20 sekonds after a numerous atemptsof trying reinstallning and reloging it now crashes everytime after i login.

• The update made my songs stop playing after 20 sekonds after a numerous atemptsof trying reinstallning and reloging it now crashes everytime after i login.
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't let me download tablet version?

Hi. I received a new Digital2 tablet (android) this Christmas. When I try to download Spotify on the play store it downloads the mobile version and not the tablet version. What gives? Am I doing something wrong?

• Hi. I received a new Digital2 tablet (android) this Christmas. When I try to download Spotify on the play store it downloads the mobile version and not the tablet version. What gives? Am I doing some...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes