Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

'No internet connection available' on 3g with Nexus 4

Hi guys, Weird problem. Started happening after the latest update. When on wifi this works perfectly. While on 3g Spotify insists that 'No internet connection available'. My 3g connection works just fine - I've been doing all the usual browsing, down...

• Hi guys,   Weird problem. Started happening after the latest update. When on wifi this works perfectly. While on 3g Spotify insists that 'No internet connection available'. My 3g connection ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Device

I have an Motorola phone that I am upgrading to a new Samsung s5. How do I transfer my play list to the new phone? I'm a new user as you can tell from my question. Thanks

• I have an Motorola phone that I am upgrading to a new Samsung s5.  How do I transfer my play list to the new phone?  I'm a new user as you can tell from  my question.  Thanks
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone's not responding when downloading tracks

I am a premium user for last couple of months and this is the only problem I encountered and it is really annoying me. Everytime I try to download my offline lists, when the phone screen goes to sleep, it doesn't open again and phone doesn't respond ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a premium user for last couple of months and this is the only problem I encountered and it is really annoying me. Everytime I try to download my offline lists, when the phone screen goes to slee...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in through Facebook with android

So I just got a new HTC and when I tried to log in to spotify through facebook, which has always worked in the past on other devices, it wouldn't work. The first time it loaded and then said something along the lines of "spotify would like to access ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I just got a new HTC and when I tried to log in to spotify through facebook, which has always worked in the past on other devices, it wouldn't work. The first time it loaded and then said someth...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Facebook
    Help
    htc
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Deactivated FB now I can't login

I need help because I deleted my facebook and now spotifiy logged me out and I cannot get back in without using my facebook? Can an administrator convert my account over to a non facebook account.

• I need help because I deleted my facebook and now spotifiy logged me out and I cannot get back in without using my facebook? Can an administrator convert my account  over to a non facebook accou...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing and downloading problem

Hi, i tried every kind of troubleshooting but it still won't work. I had an external 16 gb memory and i had music on it.... Like 1 week ago, i bought a new memory, 64 GB , for put more playlist on that. During the first Syncing my device had (when i ...

• Regular
  • Hi, i tried every kind of  troubleshooting but it still won't work. I had an external  16 gb memory and i had music on it.... Like 1 week ago, i bought a new memory, 64 GB , for put more pl...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Distorted playback when listening to some songs...

Hi there, Hopefully one of you lovely people can help me..... I've noticed, over the last week or so, when I open up a playlist on Spotify, the first song I play plays with lots of distortion, for about 8 secs maybe. If I skip, the next track does th...

• Music Fan
  • Hi there,   Hopefully one of you lovely people can help me.....   I've noticed, over the last week or so, when I open up a playlist on Spotify, the first song I play plays with lots...
  • islander_bill
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Radio not showing any stations after update to new app (1.10.113)

Was forced to update to new Spotify app (1.10.113), and when I did, my saved radio stations are all gone. I only see Recommended Stations. I really want my radio stations back! The two things I value the most with Spotify, my stations and my offline ...

• Regular
  • Was forced to update to new Spotify app (1.10.113), and when I did, my saved radio stations are all gone. I only see Recommended Stations. I really want my radio stations back! The two things I ...
  • noheadesigns
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bad user experience
    radio station
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is it possible to save offline music in internal storage?

Hello,I would love to know if its possible to save music in internal storage,because I use SdCard only for flashing ROMs and I have only 1gb card. When I just take out sdcard app won't work

• Music Fan
  • Hello,I would love to know if its possible to save music in internal storage,because I use SdCard only for flashing ROMs and I have only 1gb card. When I just take out sdcard app won't work
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

SD Card problem when syncing - possibe bug in latest update?

Almost everytime I try to sync a playlist, the SD Card gets ejected and I cannot use it on the phone again until I perform a checkdisk on the SD Card and try again. It seems the Spotify app does something wrong when syncing and corrupts my SD Card. I...

• Regular
  • Almost everytime I try to sync a playlist, the SD Card gets ejected and I cannot use it on the phone again until I perform a checkdisk on the SD Card and try again.   It seems the Spotify ap...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Problem

I am from the US and have been in Croatia for two weeks and my spotify premium is not working! I am connected to the internet but When I try to play music it says these feature are only for premium users! What do I do??

• I am from the US and have been in Croatia for two weeks and my spotify premium is not working! I am connected to the internet but When I try to play music it says these feature are only for premium u...
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding an Album to Offline causes Brain to Ooze

Seriously, while it is better than 'Create a Playlist' it is still awful. 1 search for artist2 find album3 save4 go to 'your music'5 find album again6 click offline buttonThis should be finished after step 3. (Step 7 is to try Beats and hope they are...

• Regular
  • Seriously, while it is better than 'Create a Playlist' it is still awful. 1 search for artist 2 find album 3 save 4 go to 'your music' 5 find album again 6 click offline button This shoul...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

No room for offline music??

Spotify doesn't seem to be letting me set anymore tracks to "offline" saying I don't have space for them... I have over 24gb left of space.I read about the song number limit but I only have maybe 400-500 songs set to offline.

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify doesn't seem to be letting me set anymore tracks to "offline" saying I don't have space for them... I have over 24gb left of space. I read about the song number limit but I only have maybe...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlists

Since the new update came out where i had to unistall and reintall spotify my offline playlist wont dowload the songs that i have streamed, previosly they would change from grey to green after i listened to them but now they stay grey. i have a limit...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the new update came out where i had to unistall and reintall spotify my offline playlist wont dowload the songs that i have streamed, previosly they would change from grey to green after i list...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My Starred Playlist says that I have 2 tracks in it but when I open it, theres nothing inside

Hi guys, I wanted to delete all of my tracks in my Starred playlist. done, but now it says that I have 2 tracks left in it but in fact it's empty. How to solve please? Thanks in advance. Regards, Mirsad

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,   I wanted to delete all of my tracks in my Starred playlist. done, but now it says that I have 2 tracks left in it but in fact it's empty. How to solve please?   Thanks in...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Explicit lyrics on desktop become edited on Android mobile app

I recently noticed that some of the songs I have downloaded to my mobile device are edited when I specifically added the explicit version. Example: Backpackers from Childish Gambino's ablum Camp. Noticed it was edited while driving into work today. G...

• Music Fan
  • I recently noticed that some of the songs I have downloaded to my mobile device are edited when I specifically added the explicit version.   Example: Backpackers from Childish Gambino's ablu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums and Songs missing from ipad and android devices

Albums and Songs missing from ipad and android devicesHi all,I have 16 songs in a playlist for 何韻詩 , this works perfectly on the PC, with either web player or Spotify PC cilent.However on mobile devices, there are only 9 tracks???Android: Shows "16 t...

• Regular
  • Albums and Songs missing from ipad and android devices Hi all, I have 16 songs in a playlist for 何韻詩 , this works perfectly on the PC, with either web player or Spotify PC cilent. However on...
  • Ulfis
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

last fm scrobbling

Is anyone having lastfm issues from the android app. I know lastfm had issues this week but deezer and google play are now scrobbling fine, spotify is having issues from all my android devices, not tried the desktop.

• Roadie
  • Is anyone having lastfm issues from the android app. I know lastfm had issues this week but deezer and google play are now scrobbling fine, spotify is having issues from all my android devices, not t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Saving offline play lists to ad card

So I've been trying multiple times to move my offline olaylists to my 32gb so card but every time it saves to my phones local storage which only has about a gig left on it. My ad card is completely empty yet Spotify won't move the playlists. I've tri...

• So I've been trying multiple times to move my offline olaylists to my 32gb so card but every time it saves to my phones local storage which only has about a gig left on it. My ad card is completely e...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes