Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Music mutes when other sounds play.

Hi people at spotify. Would you please add an option to your android app for it to dont pause music when wheres another sound comming out of the phone? Its anoying to drive with gps voice on when the music pauses every turn!! Also I think it mutes so...

• Hi people at spotify. Would you please add an option to your android app for it to dont pause music when wheres another sound comming out of the phone? Its anoying to drive with gps voice on when the...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

(Yet Another) SD Card Question

Running Cyanogenmod 11 (Android 4.4.2) on a Samsung Galaxy S3 I previously had a 32 GB SD card and did not have any issues. I bought a new SanDisk 64GB microSD card solely for loading it up with more music. However, I am having issues with saving to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Running Cyanogenmod 11 (Android 4.4.2) on a Samsung Galaxy S3   I previously had a 32 GB SD card and did not have any issues.  I bought a new SanDisk 64GB microSD card solely for loadin...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bug Reports

So after 8 hours of playing music the song playing tab disappeared and it is consistent that I don't know why. Just wanted to tell someone hope this helps

• So after 8 hours of playing music the song playing tab disappeared and it is consistent that I don't know why. Just wanted to tell someone hope this helps
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Very Slow and causing phone restart

Since the last update, Spotify takes around 5-10 minutes just to allow me to do anything (view playlists, play a song, view or search for items). I thought it was my phone so I completely uninstalled and reinstalled. That did not work. Tried restorin...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the last update, Spotify takes around 5-10 minutes just to allow me to do anything (view playlists, play a song, view or search for items).  I thought it was my phone so I completely unins...
  • DrewBohannon
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify seaeching not working on android 3.2

nothing that work or change. textboard also

• Regular
  • nothing that work or change. textboard also
  • discoikungshamn
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems not playing with Alcatel OneTouch 983

I'm running the latest version of Spotify available on my Alcatel OneTouch 983 that currently has Android 2.3.7.I had Spotify working beofre (about a year ago) but the latest version doesn't seem to work at all. I can access my files but can't play a...

• Regular
  • I'm running the latest version of Spotify available on my Alcatel OneTouch 983 that currently has Android 2.3.7. I had Spotify working beofre (about a year ago) but the latest version doesn't seem...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sync'ed Local Files: no volume when Playing, no error message.

Hello! On the latest version I have run into a strange problem. I can sync a Playlist containing only Local Files, and it shows 100% Complete. But when I try to play the songs, only the first 209 songs actually work. The rest does not give an error m...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello! On the latest version I have run into a strange problem. I can sync a Playlist containing only Local Files, and it shows 100% Complete. But when I try to play the songs, only the first&nbs...
  • MrGlenn
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Your Music

After the last Update in the menu it sais YOUR MUSIC but why does it not say MY MUSIC or something like that, it makes it more personal as it is My mobile with the music I decided to listen so it is more MY music than Your music..... It's just a litt...

• Music Fan
  • After the last Update in the menu it sais YOUR MUSIC but why does it not say MY MUSIC or something like that, it makes it more personal as it is My mobile with the music I decided to listen so it is ...
  • HansStrik
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

bug

Theres a bug on my spotify. The filter is gone on my playlist section.

• Visitor
  • Theres a bug on my spotify. The filter is gone on my playlist section.
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! icon definition

I searched the spotify documentation and this forum and can't seem to find my answer. After you select a playlist, start playing a song, then slide the song display up so you can see the album art, there's two icons on the upper right of the screen. ...

• I searched the spotify documentation and this forum and can't seem to find my answer. After you select a playlist, start playing a song, then slide the song display up so you can see the album art, t...
  • sassysu11
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify not working on Samsung 3 mini

Spotify is just not working on my Samsung S3 mini. When I'm not on wifi songs take between 10 and 25 seconds to start that's if the tracks I've downloaded are available, most of the tracks when off-line are marked as 'not available' When I'm back on ...

• Regular
  • Spotify is just not working on my Samsung S3 mini.  When I'm not on wifi songs take between 10 and 25 seconds to start that's if the tracks I've downloaded are available, most of the tracks...
  • kenyard
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Downloaded Playlists

In the old version of spotify mobile there was an option to show only downloaded playlists. Has this option been removed from the latest update. If not please could you show me where it is. Many thanks

• Visitor
  • In the old version of spotify mobile there was an option to show only downloaded playlists. Has this option been removed from the latest update. If not please could you show me where it is.  M...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cant see what user contributed to a shared playlist.

Ive recently Changed from an Iphone to Android and one thing thats bugging me is that i cant see which one of my friends put what tune into a shared playlist that i created. I have to go onto the laptop or back to my Iphone. I was hoping this would g...

• Casual Listener
  • Ive recently Changed from an Iphone to Android and one thing thats bugging me is that i cant see which one of my friends put what tune into a shared playlist that i created. I have to go onto the lap...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug when viewing album queue

See screenshot. Using a Nexus 5. http://imgur.com/JQspbQ8

• Casual Listener
  • See screenshot. Using a Nexus 5. http://imgur.com/JQspbQ8
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problems with using spotify on several devices

Hey Forum! I'm using spotify on my Android phone, my laptop, my stationary computer and my girlfriend uses it on her Android phone too. The problem is that spotify works differently on each device. On my Android phone everything works just fine and s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Forum!   I'm using spotify on my Android phone, my laptop, my stationary computer and my girlfriend uses it on her Android phone too. The problem is that spotify works differently on each ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

How to turn player off?

How do I turn the player off, on a Galaxy tab? How do I shut it down? And how do I listen through Chrone by logging in? Where to click? Roland And why is it so complicated even to find out how to post in the community...?

• Music Fan
  • How do I turn the player off, on a Galaxy tab? How do I shut it down?  And how do I listen through Chrone by logging in? Where to click?     Roland   And why is it so ...
  • rolllex
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Buggy Widget

Hi, I noticed that every once in a while, the widget would bug out and look like this: This hapens both on my Nexus 5 running 4.4.2 and on my girlfriend's Note III running 4.4.2. If I hit the CD cover pic and the app starts, and then I back out the w...

Screenshot
  • Music Fan
  • Hi,   I noticed that every once in a while, the widget would bug out and look like this:     This hapens both on my Nexus 5 running 4.4.2 and on my girlfriend's Note III...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Speicher angeblich "voll"

Hi,
Ich kann wegen angeblich vollem Speicher nicht mehr Lieder in den offline Modus laden.

Dabei werden diese doch garnicht wirklich auf meinem Handy abgespeichert...Habe mich schon öfters neu angemeldet. Außerdem den Support kontaktiert und dort sag...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, <br>Ich kann wegen angeblich vollem Speicher nicht mehr Lieder in den offline Modus laden. <br><br>Dabei werden diese doch garnicht wirklich auf meinem Handy abgespeichert...Hab...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Shuffle complete catalog of artist

Where is the shuffle artist button? I'm on a premium account and living in the year 2014.

• Regular
  • Where is the shuffle artist button? I'm on a premium account and living in the year 2014.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Dont see two way communication in messages

When using desktop app, if i look at a conversation, i can see both my shared songs and the other persons shared songs to me. On Android, I only see the other persons shared somgs to me. Is this expected behavior or a bug?

• Visitor
  • When using desktop app, if i look at a conversation, i can see both my shared songs and the other persons shared songs to me. On Android, I only see the other persons shared somgs to me. Is this...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes