Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

how do i view my top tracks on the mobile app (Android)?

I am currently without a desktop/laptop so I cannot view my profile as I normally would. How can I view my top tracks using the Android mobile app? Thank You

• I am currently without a desktop/laptop so I cannot view my profile as I normally would. How can I view my top tracks using the Android mobile app?   Thank You
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

connection issues

everytime I close the app or minimize it. it loses connection and stops playing and basically freezes. I ahve uninstalled and deleted everything spotify off of the phone and reinstalled and still see t he issue. Firmware is up to date for the phone a...

• everytime I close the app or minimize it. it loses connection and stops playing and basically freezes.  I ahve uninstalled and deleted everything spotify off of the phone and reinstalled and sti...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford AppLink - Anroid

Any plans to bring the applink functionality to the Android version of Spotify?

• Casual Listener
  • Any plans to bring the applink functionality to the Android version of Spotify?
  • dgratch
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

App consumes a lot of mobile data for offline playlists

Hi, I only use the app for offline playlists, synced over WiFi, and it consumes a lot of mobile data (around 13MB per week). I have a short limit of mobile data usage, so this is a problem for me. Any thoughts on what the app is doing? Best regards, ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   I only use the app for offline playlists, synced over WiFi, and it consumes a lot of mobile data (around 13MB per week). I have a short limit of mobile data usage, so this is a probl...
  • fatings
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline folders?

Hi, I've created some folders with multiple playlists. Can I also download an entire folder to my Android device or do I have to do this playlist by playlist? Thx!

• Hi, I've created some folders with multiple playlists. Can I also download an entire folder to my Android device or do I have to do this playlist by playlist?   Thx!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Mobile

I think there should be a Spotify mobile update for Spotify Premium customers to be enable them to keep there downloads on there mobile's when a Spotify update is available.When a Spotify update is downloaded on a mobile phone a Refresh happens that ...

• Gig Goer
  • I think there should be a Spotify mobile update for Spotify Premium customers to be enable them to keep there downloads on there mobile's when a Spotify update is available. When a Spotify update is...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgrade to newest version, white screen and synced to too many devices

I spent all weekend trying to get this app, that i pay for, to start working correctly again. The problem originated after the upgrade late last week when i got a message that i had too many devices synced and it removed my downloads. I'm not aware o...

• Roadie
  • I spent all weekend trying to get this app, that i pay for, to start working correctly again. The problem originated after the upgrade late last week when i got a message that i had too many devices ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sony Walkman compatibility

Hello fellows. I am thinking about getting a Sony F Series Walkman, and would love to use a premium Spotify with it. It uses Android so I think it would work... Here is a link to the thing. http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDispl...

• Regular
  • Hello fellows. I am thinking about getting a Sony F Series Walkman, and would love to use a premium Spotify with it. It uses Android so I think it would work... Here is a link to the thing.  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why pay 17,50$ for something which doesn't work anyway?

Hey, i have long to school, so i would to try the spotify premium, the first 2 weeks, i got blank window, and now i can play music, but... no sound? and my sound is on, and i have tried to: Clear data Clear Cache Uninstall Turn off my phone Pull out ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, i have long to school, so i would to try the spotify premium, the first 2 weeks, i got blank window, and now i can play music, but... no sound? and my sound is on, and i have tried to: Clear...
  • Zeuthen
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops

Hello. Having issues since last update on my Nexus 4 and my galaxy tab 10.1 Problem: music stops playing and app shows "no internet connection", i have no problem with connection at all (both wifi and 3g). When this happens on my nexus 4 device the l...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello.   Having issues since last update on my Nexus 4 and my galaxy tab 10.1 Problem: music stops playing and app shows "no internet connection", i have no problem with connection at al...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I only want spotify on my Android

I am a new user of spotify, I signed up because I want access to my music but don't want five million devices. I also can't keep all my music on my computer (I have over 7,000 songs) and it takes up too much space and slows my computer down. Here is ...

• I am a new user of spotify, I signed up because I want access to my music but don't want five million devices. I also can't keep all my music on my computer (I have over 7,000 songs) and it takes up ...
  • yeaber
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I install the previous version?

I'm running out of options to fix this problem, where, since the last update, the app has totally destabilized. Uninstalled several times with no luck. Running an 4.2.2 on a brand new S4, shouldn't be an issue. Only started happening after the upgrad...

• Roadie
  • I'm running out of options to fix this problem, where, since the last update, the app has totally destabilized. Uninstalled several times with no luck. Running an 4.2.2 on a brand new S4, shouldn't b...
  • yeaber
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

exit option needed!

Spotify, please add an exit option! it's so annoying I can't close the app when I want it to.

• Regular
  • Spotify, please add an exit option! it's so annoying I can't close the app when I want it to.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline mode malfunction

I have an S4 and I am paying for premium. Spotify offline mode is not working. The following iterations keeps happenning: -Install spotify -Download the playlists -Eventually close spotify -Re-open the app, at this point Spotify starts resyncing some...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an S4 and I am paying for premium. Spotify offline mode is not working. The following iterations keeps happenning: -Install spotify -Download the playlists -Eventually close spotify ...
  • FinnHEL
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems since last update

Since the most recent Android update I've been desynced for the first time ever, and I've got a post on the thread to get wiped on all my devices (no idea how may have synced, don't think over three) to take care of that. But, in addition, more distr...

• Roadie
  • Since the most recent Android update I've been desynced for the first time ever, and I've got a post on the thread to get wiped on all my devices (no idea how may have synced, don't think over three)...
  • politzer
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

"Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped"

Hello.This problem only seems to occur when I play one specific song that I synced from my local files to the mobile version. It will play for a few seconds and then report back with that error. Any help?

• Hello. This problem only seems to occur when I play one specific song that I synced from my local files to the mobile version. It will play for a few seconds and then report back with that error. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Update Playlists

I have just installed Spotify on my HTC One. I have a premium account so I downloaded my Playlists and switched my account to play offline. The problem is that when I add tracks to my playlists they do not download into my playlist on my HTC One. I h...

• Music Fan
  • I have just installed Spotify on my HTC One. I have a premium account so I downloaded my Playlists and switched my account to play offline. The problem is that when I add tracks to my playlists they ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Android whats new

Whats New does not give a list of top artists or songs. On Android. Why?

• Regular
  • Whats New does not give a list of top artists or songs. On Android.   Why?
  • Willsburton
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: What's New Missing Recommended Albums

The view of Recommended Albums at the top of the What's New page is frequently failing to be displayed (I saw it a couple of times but not for a while). The similar New Releases section at the bottom is fine. Samsung Galaxy SII running ICS. Spotify f...

• Community Legend
  • The view of Recommended Albums at the top of the What's New page is frequently failing to be displayed (I saw it a couple of times but not for a while). The similar New Releases section at the b...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Where can I downlaod previous version?

Please - I'm begging the community - does anyone know where I can download the previous version? The one where they introduced landscape (0.6.2, I think)? I'm going to be using google navigation for many hours this weekend (8+ hours), and the new ver...

• Music Fan
  • Please - I'm begging the community - does anyone know where I can download the previous version? The one where they introduced landscape (0.6.2, I think)? I'm going to be using google navigation fo...
  • yeaber
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes