Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sony Xperia Z Widgets

Hi I understand the spotify android version is suppoused to have home screen and lock screen widgets, however I do not seem to be able to see them, or an option to activate them. I am new to android since coming off an Iphone 4, can anyone help me ge...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I understand the spotify android version is suppoused to have home screen and lock screen widgets, however I do not seem to be able to see them, or an option to activate them. I am new to android ...
  • Shaun1810
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

blank screen - can't play music - Samsung Galaxy Mini.... wtf ???

For some reason (perhaps due to an update) Spotify no longer works on my phone... I am paying for the premium service (9.99 per month) and I can only play it on my computer when I am at home. Part of the reason why I love spotify is because I can use...

•   For some reason (perhaps due to an update) Spotify no longer works on my phone... I am paying for the premium service (9.99 per month) and I can only play it on my computer when I am at home...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files will not sync to Galaxy S3, even though Spotify says they are synced

Hi all, My problem is that spotify doesn't sync my local files with my Galaxy S3. Files hosted by spotify sync perfectly. The weird thing is that it syncs some files but skips others. My playlist will have the green arrow next to it but more than hal...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   My problem is that spotify doesn't sync my local files with my Galaxy S3. Files hosted by spotify sync perfectly. The weird thing is that it syncs some files but skips others. My p...
  • Censmogar
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

radio not working and spotify app cannot login

I'm having the same problem now. I have been using spotify premium on my HTC one xl for the last 3 weeks. It's been great but happened yesterday whatever radio station I got into the music plays, but it gives no sound. So I tried logging out and logg...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having the same problem now. I have been using spotify premium on my HTC one xl for the last 3 weeks. It's been great but happened yesterday whatever radio station I got into the music plays, b...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Manually Upload Music and Playlists

I've been having a problem manually uploading a playlist from my computer to my android phone. I keep clicking Manually Sync then go to click the Playlist I want to upload and it automatically tries to Sync All Music. The only thing it lets me Manual...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having a problem manually uploading a playlist from my computer to my android phone.    I keep clicking Manually Sync then go to click the Playlist I want to upload and it aut...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 26 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 4 likes

Many small bugs annoying me

I have an HTC One X (AT&T version) running Android 4.1.1 and there's a bunch of small things that are annoying me. I am so close to moving over to another service because of the lack of care for Android. iOS has none of the bugs that I'm about to lis...

• I have an HTC One X (AT&T version) running Android 4.1.1 and there's a bunch of small things that are annoying me. I am so close to moving over to another service because of the lack of care for ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Playlist stuck on "Loading..."

I recently imported my iTunes playlists to Spotify for my Samsung Galaxy S4. Two of the playlists work, I am assuming because they only have 5-8 songs in them. However, my third playlists has about 300 songs in it and it doesn't seem to load. This wa...

• Music Fan
  • I recently imported my iTunes playlists to Spotify for my Samsung Galaxy S4. Two of the playlists work, I am assuming because they only have 5-8 songs in them. However, my third playlists has about 3...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

songs not available

My daughter and I both have spotify on our phones. Howand are premium members. I have songs I can get that she doesn't have access to and vice versa. Why is this?

• Casual Listener
  • My daughter and I both have spotify on our phones. Howand are premium members. I have songs I can get that she doesn't have access to and vice versa. Why is this?
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

premium to download local files?

Suddenly I can't download my local files to my HTC! Do I need premium for that all of a sudden? I've managed just fine up until now with spotify free :S

• Regular
  • Suddenly I can't download my local files to my HTC! Do I need premium for that all of a sudden? I've managed just fine up until now with spotify free :S
  • Bokumetsu
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bug in Android - In profile page twice starred playlist?

I see bug in profile page in Android Spotify. My starred playlist is twice there. Fix it!

Valokuva-0001 (2).jpg
  • Visitor
  • I see bug in profile page in Android Spotify.   My starred playlist is twice there.     Fix it!
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about Spotify Premium Device Count

So I was thinking about going Premium now that you have the radio thing and I seem to use it all the time. I just wanted to know how devices were counted. Right now I use 2 laptops, a desktop, a phone, and two tablets. Are the "devices" only counting...

• So I was thinking about going Premium now that you have the radio thing and I seem to use it all the time.  I just wanted to know how devices were counted.   Right now I use 2 laptops, ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't pass the login

Hello, i just got spotify premium and downloaded the android app. But i cant't login If i press insert my logindata and press login, the button says "loggin in" for a second and then switch back to "Login" without any error message. No matter what da...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, i just got spotify premium and downloaded the android app. But i cant't login If i press insert my logindata and press login, the button says "loggin in" for a second and then switch back t...
  • TheTechnoMan
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio cuts out after each song on radio

I've been having this problem for a LONG time. After each song while listening to the radio the audio cuts out. I have to pause and hit play again before the audio returns. I've replaced my phone 3 times. Samsung Note 2. The problem has occured on ea...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having this problem for a LONG time. After each song while listening to the radio the audio cuts out.  I have to pause and hit play again before the audio returns.    I've ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Samsung Galaxy S3

Hi someone please help me because I am tearing my hair out and I am paying a tenner a month as well as having a 64gb memory card. All I want to do is to synch my files onto my memory card and I have read around on the forums but I do not get the SD c...

• Hi someone please help me because I am tearing my hair out and I am paying a tenner a month as well as having a 64gb memory card.   All I want to do is to synch my files onto my memory card ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't download music

Hi, I can't download music to my phone nor my computer (winsows) for some reason. I got a premium account, I've re-installed it and it's always worked before. I can click download on some of the songs in my download folder but nothing else, ie I can'...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I can't download music to my phone nor my computer (winsows) for some reason. I got a premium account, I've re-installed it and it's always worked before. I can click download on some of the so...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Store downloaded songs on SD galaxy s3 Spotifyversion: 0.5.9.29

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone else is having problem in the latest release of Spotify on Android?I almost recently acquired the Samsung Galaxy S3, and I can't download the songs to the SD card.This bothers me A LOT, as I can only store approximately 60...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   I'm wondering if anyone else is having problem in the latest release of Spotify on Android? I almost recently acquired the Samsung Galaxy S3, and I can't download the songs to the SD ca...
  • CYBERHIPPIECHIC
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete "leftovers" from former installation.

I experienced a strange error. I don't know what happened but when I opened the app yesterday it would only show me a blank white screen with the menue bar. nothing more or less. I restarted the phone and killed the app. nothing worked.so I went to t...

• Casual Listener
  • I experienced a strange error. I don't know what happened but when I opened the app yesterday it would only show me a blank white screen with the menue bar. nothing more or less. I restarted the phon...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Trouble syncing playlists with the spotify app?

Hey all, I have a Samsung Galaxy s3, recently got the Spotify premium upgrade. Gotta couple long car rides the coming weekends. Well, I went on my computer and made some playlists I'm pretty stoked about, but for some reason the songs aren't showing ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all,   I have a Samsung Galaxy s3, recently got the Spotify premium upgrade. Gotta couple long car rides the coming weekends. Well, I went on my computer and made some playlists I'm pr...
  • Warzone303
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks unavailable

Hello. I was interested in listening to and obtaining Hawthorne Heights cd - HOPE, but it does not appear when searched on the app. A google search returned the results of the cd, but when I opened it, it merely said that the tracks were unavailable,...

• Regular
  • Hello. I was interested in listening to and obtaining Hawthorne Heights cd - HOPE, but it does not appear when searched on the app. A google search returned the results of the cd, but when I opened i...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Where does Spotify automatically store its dowloads on smartphone?

Hello, If this Q is silly, I apologise in advance. I suspect this is due to my phone, but I am having downloading all my selected playlists due to storage. I recenly upgraded my phone with an 32gb SD card, but it does not seem to stroe the music ther...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   If this Q is silly, I apologise in advance.   I suspect this is due to my phone, but I am having downloading all my selected playlists due to storage. I recenly upgraded my...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes