Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How to stop podcasts from automatically playing

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device Samsung Galaxy 7Operating System Android My Question or IssueThe new podcast suggestions are autoplaying. I pay for music not podcasts. How can I stop this major annoyance? To be clear, I never want to hear people talking...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country USA  Device Samsung Galaxy 7 Operating System Android    My Question or Issue The new podcast suggestions are autoplaying. I pay for musi...
  • SpeedyMan
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Few downloaded songs are deleted from sd card (offline mode)

This morning I listened to a song I recently added to my playlist, which I made available offline. Then I closed the app and pursued my duties. A few minutes ago I opened Spotify again and wanted to listen to the song again. But it wan't available fo...

• Visitor
  • This morning I listened to a song I recently added to my playlist, which I made available offline. Then I closed the app and pursued my duties. A few minutes ago I opened Spotify again and wanted to ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    offline mode
    songs deleted from SD card
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Enough with this.

I'm a fellow android user using Spotify Premium daily for 3+ years, and I am so frustrated with how nonchalant and indifferent the whole company is regarding features, and the 'Idea' system that I believe that this post would resonate with at least s...

• Regular
  • I'm a fellow android user using Spotify Premium daily for 3+ years, and I am so frustrated with how nonchalant and indifferent the whole company is regarding features, and the 'Idea' system that I be...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Android
    green circle
    laggy spotify
    Search
    slow loading
    slow spotify
    sorting
    swipe to search
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify gets disconnected every couple of minutes

PlanPremium CountryIsrael DeviceLG G6Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue My Spotify keeps getting disconnected every couple of minutes, i need to reset the device or close the Internet and open it again to have it connected...I tired uninsta...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium  Country Israel  Device LG G6 Operating System Android  My Question or Issue   My Spotify keeps getting disconnected every couple of minutes, i need...
  • nickmcpimpson
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify automatically saving albums to library and downloading them

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePixel 3a XLOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueHi all, Starting a few weeks ago, the Spotify app would display a "Downloading" notification every time I launched it. After some digging, I found a number of albums...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Pixel 3a XL Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Hi all,   Starting a few weeks ago, the Spotify app would display a "Downloading" ...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Downloads not working on mobile

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States of AmericaDeviceLG V20Operating SystemAndroid Nougat My Question or IssueYesterday evening, I downloaded around 10 new songs to put on my playlist. I put them on playlist one by one. After I finished adding them all I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States of America Device LG V20 Operating System Android Nougat   My Question or Issue Yesterday evening, I downloaded around 10 new songs to put on my play...
  • ofthemasses
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

sorting is not considered with Google Assisstant, Alexa or what so ever

My Question or Issuei sort my playlistsafter the date i added a song to it.when i command google to play the playlist. the sorting is not considered...when iam going manually to the playlist it is considered again. drives me crazy if i wanna here my ...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue i sort my playlists after the date i added a song to it. when i command google to play the playlist. the sorting is not considered... when iam going manually to the playlist ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded album not complete

I just started using Spotify on my mobile (Samsung A40). I downloaded the album "Ten Holt: Canto Ostinato" but the app did not get the full album. The track numbers go from 1 to 8 to 12, and after that some numbers are missing too. How can I make sur...

• Casual Listener
  • I just started using Spotify on my mobile (Samsung A40). I downloaded the album "Ten Holt: Canto Ostinato" but the app did not get the full album. The track numbers go from 1 to 8 to 12, and after th...
  • Sas22
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to turn off offline mode

I use spotify from a Samsung galaxy s10 with a premium account. Never had previous issues. Just moved house and now spotify won't play. Have no idea how it got into offline mode and no idea on how to turn it off. I've tried reinstalling the app, goin...

• I use spotify from a Samsung galaxy s10 with a premium account. Never had previous issues. Just moved house and now spotify won't play. Have no idea how it got into offline mode and no idea on how to...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect bugg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8nzr1aiaJY None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or ...

• Casual Listener
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8nzr1aiaJY  None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Sw...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Login back in if App logs out when in offline mode.

PROBLEM: Anytime Spotify decides to logout and the app was in 'off-line mode' you will no longer be able to log back in. It will just continually give you the generic check connection message, or the login button will just be stuck in the active phas...

• Visitor
  • PROBLEM: Anytime Spotify decides to logout and the app was in 'off-line mode' you will no longer be able to log back in. It will just continually give you the generic check connection message, or the...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No Download and Settings Crashing

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceLG G6Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueIf I attempt to change streaming or download quality my app lags out and proceeds to crash. My download issue is that I have reinstalled the app upwards of 20 ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device LG G6 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue If I attempt to change streaming or download quality my app lags out and proceeds t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • broken
    Crash
    Crash Android
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Memory space not recovered after spotify uninstall

Hi there, As my phone's internal memory ran out of free space, I uninstalled spotify to get rid of all offline songs I had.Unfortunately, Spotify is gone but my free space has not grown up...Spotify cache was around 3GB and my free space is till arou...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   As my phone's internal memory ran out of free space, I uninstalled spotify to get rid of all offline songs I had. Unfortunately, Spotify is gone but my free space has not grown up...
  • joachimsene
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Where does Spotify store offline music?

Hi,I hope you can help me with my problem. I've googled a lot and searched through every corner of my device memory but I can't find the folder where spotify stores the downloaded files. I have a Samsung S8 and google searches are all outdated.When I...

• Hi, I hope you can help me with my problem. I've googled a lot and searched through every corner of my device memory but I can't find the folder where spotify stores the downloaded files. I have a S...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sleep Timer on Android

PlanPremiumCountrySouth Africa DevicePixel 3XLOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI have searched and high and low but my app does not show the "Sleep Timer" when playing a song. I go into the song menu via the 3 dots in top right corner b...

• Plan Premium Country South Africa   Device Pixel 3XL Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I have searched and high and low but my app does not show the "Sleep Tim...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 10
    Sleep Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect disconnects when playing from an album

Premium user here on a Samsung Galaxy S10 plus. Whenever I play music from a playlist via Spotify connect on my Bose soundtouch 20, it works. But when I play a song via 'artist' or 'album' it disconnects every time. Very annoying!So I can only play t...

• Visitor
  • Premium user here on a Samsung Galaxy S10 plus.    Whenever I play music from a playlist via Spotify connect on my Bose soundtouch 20, it works.    But when I play a song via ...
  • Ellak
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • connection
    disconnection
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android 10 Notification - Spotify progress bar is not working.

Android 10 has landed and I realize Spotify notification drop down controls are missing the interactivity with the progress bar. It only shows the progress of the music but you can't drag or tab on it. I attached a screenshot, the song is already ove...

• Visitor
  • Android 10 has landed and I realize Spotify notification drop down controls are missing the interactivity with the progress bar. It only shows the progress of the music but you can't drag or tab on i...
  • phpman
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    Notification bar player
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

[Bug] Crash in family mix

PlanPremium - FamilyCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9+Operating SystemDunno, probably the latest My Question or IssueThe Spotify app crashes about 2 seconds after pressing the close button in the family menu. By family menu I mean the list of fa...

• Plan Premium - Family Country Australia Device Samsung Galaxy 9+ Operating System Dunno, probably the latest   My Question or Issue The Spotify app crashes about 2 seconds after pressi...
  • dammitjim
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Music downloads do not remain offline

PlanPremium familiarCountryBrazilDeviceMotorola Moto E4Operating SystemAndroid 7.1.1Spotify version 8.5.32.889 My Question or IssueThe songs are downloaded in the android app, but do not stay offline. I download the songs, but when I try to listen of...

• Plan Premium familiar Country Brazil Device Motorola Moto E4 Operating System Android 7.1.1 Spotify version 8.5.32.889  My Question or Issue The songs are downloaded in the androi...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Offline Android
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Application not always stopping...

Plan: PremiumCountry: FrDevice: Huawei P10 LiteOperating System: Android 8.0.0My Question or IssueThe application is not always stopping when I close it. I mean that I can't see a trace of Spotify on my phone (nothing in the running applications list...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: Fr Device: Huawei P10 Lite Operating System: Android 8.0.0 My Question or Issue The application is not always stopping when I close it. I mean that I can't see a trac...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes