Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists aren't working?

Hi. I love spotify a lot, but I am having a problem with the playlists I have made. I am a premium user, on my android, and I live in the U.S. Everytime I tried to listen to my personal playlists, a screen pops up saying, that something went wrong an...

• Visitor
  • Hi. I love spotify a lot, but I am having a problem with the playlists I have made. I am a premium user, on my android, and I live in the U.S. Everytime I tried to listen to my personal playlists, a ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android 9 on pixel 3xl, heart button but no dislike?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceGoogle pixel 3 XLOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueWhen playing a song or artist radio I am able to see the heart icon, but the dislike icon is nowhere to be found. I would really like to be able to fine tune th...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Google pixel 3 XL Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue When playing a song or artist radio I am able to see the heart icon, but the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloads won't play in poor\weak data areas

I have numerous songs and podcasts downloaded to my phone for offline use. Whenever I'm driving in poor data areas Spotify won't play my downloads and even has issues opening the app and showing my playlists/podcasts. If I'm already listening when pa...

• Casual Listener
  • I have numerous songs and podcasts downloaded to my phone for offline use. Whenever I'm driving in poor data areas Spotify won't play my downloads and even has issues opening the app and showing my p...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't download from Google PM

PlanFreeCountryVietnamDeviceSamsung Galaxy 10Operating System My Question or IssueHey, guys. I use Spotify Web all the time, yesterday I tried to download app from GPM just to look at it, hmm, I see red and - not available in your country. What?I liv...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Vietnam Device Samsung Galaxy 10 Operating System   My Question or Issue Hey, guys. I use Spotify Web all the time, yesterday I tried to download app from GPM jus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I check how mang songs are in my playlists

Since the latest update the number of songs in each playlist is no longer displayed on the playlist page. I'd really like to know how many songs are in each of my playlists and I was wondering if there was still a way to find this information on mobi...

• Since the latest update the number of songs in each playlist is no longer displayed on the playlist page. I'd really like to know how many songs are in each of my playlists and I was wondering if the...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Search Function not working properly

My playlist consist of 600 songs, and sometimes I dont want to listen to the whole playlist but rather specific artists. Using the search function I used to be able to search for certain artists and their songs in the playlist and only listen to thei...

• Casual Listener
  • My playlist consist of 600 songs, and sometimes I dont want to listen to the whole playlist but rather specific artists. Using the search function I used to be able to search for certain artists and ...
  • LanceSimms
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes

Shuffling song among filtered results in a playlist

Before, I could type in a artist in my Playlist and press shuffle to shuffle among the filtered results. That doesn't work anymore. Shuffling result in a shuffle of all the songs in the Playlist. Same thing with just playing the first song and lettin...

• Music Fan
  • Before, I could type in a artist in my Playlist and press shuffle to shuffle among the filtered results. That doesn't work anymore. Shuffling result in a shuffle of all the songs in the Playlist. Sam...
  • LanceSimms
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 11 likes

Solved!! Android Auto not showing spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUnited Kingdom DeviceOnePlus 6tOperating System(Android Pie) My Question or IssueHello all, So got a new phone today to replace my Nokia 8 Sirocco, which was running Android pie, with a OnePlus 6t running Android Pie. I can't for th...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom  Device OnePlus 6t Operating System (Android Pie)   My Question or Issue Hello all,   So got a new phone today to replace my Nok...
  • dt_w-2wg2zc4q
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 9
    Android Auto.
    OnePlus 6t
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle all songs gone?

Since the (or a) update, the possibilty to shuffle all songs seems gone?Is this coming back, or am i overlooking something? thnx! david Spotifiy PremiumNetherlandsSamsung Galaxy s7

• Visitor
  • Since the (or a) update, the possibilty to shuffle all songs seems gone? Is this coming back, or am i overlooking something?   thnx!   david     Spotifiy Premium Netherla...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

In-Playlist search/find doesn't work when song has focus

PlanPremiumCountryIE / UK DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen searching for a song within a playlist (Ctrl + F) you can normally search for a song within a playlist, which is a useful feature for large playlists. However,...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country IE / UK   Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When searching for a song within a playlist (Ctrl + F) you can normally search fo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Hudl 2 - latest Spotify version won't open

About a month ago the Spotify app on my Hudl 2 Android tablet stopped working. I've tried updated to the latest version on the Google Play Store but that did not resolve the situation. What happens is when the app opens it gets stuck loading. The goo...

• Regular
  • About a month ago the Spotify app on my Hudl 2 Android tablet stopped working. I've tried updated to the latest version on the Google Play Store but that did not resolve the situation. What happens i...
  • jimdriver2
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

data plan

PlanPremiumCountrynetherlands/spainDevice(Samsung Galaxy Note 8Operating System(Android Oreo.) My Question or IssueYesterday, while on holiday, i updated the app using WiFi. however when leaving the WiFi spot the spotify app changed to the dataplan a...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country netherlands/spain Device (Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Operating System (Android Oreo.)   My Question or Issue Yesterday, while on holiday, i updated the app...
  • udo22
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • data usage
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sort playlist

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUsDevice lg g6(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System android(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueYour instructions for sorting and filtering playlist does not work. When I sel...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Us Device lg g6 (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System android (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Misbihaving Lock Screen Controls and "Ghostcasting"

So I 've been using Spotify Premium on my thirsty Galaxy S3 Neo (Android 4.4.2) for about a year. About 2/3 months ago a strange event occurred occasionally when trying to manipulate my music trough the lock screen or the buttons on my headset. Pausi...

• Visitor
  • So I 've been using Spotify Premium on my thirsty Galaxy S3 Neo (Android 4.4.2) for about a year. About 2/3 months ago a strange event occurred occasionally when trying to manipulate my music trough ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist Geral

Após a atualização não tenho mais a playlist com todas as músicas.Temos a playlist "curtidas", mas nela não aparece as músicas salvas diretamente nos álbuns. PlanPremiumCountryBrasilDeviceJ7 NxtOperating SystemAndroid Pie

• Casual Listener
  • Após a atualização não tenho mais a playlist com todas as músicas. Temos a playlist "curtidas", mas nela não aparece as músicas salvas diretamente nos álbuns.   Plan Premium Country Brasil...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Display Podcast List At Last Listened To Episode

Hi All,I am listening to podcasts through Spotify on my Android phone, and when I open up one of th epodcasts I listen to, the episode listing will automatically display where I was last up to. For example if I last listened to opisode #55, it displa...

• Regular
  • Hi All, I am listening to podcasts through Spotify on my Android phone, and when I open up one of th epodcasts I listen to, the episode listing will automatically display where I was last up to. For...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify does not load on Fossil Q Explorist

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenOperating SystemWear Os My Question or IssueHi!When I start Spotify on my Fossil watch the Spotify-logo turns up on screen with the green circle rotating on screen but then my screen just turns off. Any suggestions on a soluti...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Operating System Wear Os   My Question or Issue Hi! When I start Spotify on my Fossil watch the Spotify-logo turns up on screen with the green circle rotatin...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • WearOS
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Do the guys in charge of Spotify have brain damage????

Spotify used to have a very good web player. It was well featured and basically meant you really didn't need to install their software on your computer, but about 2 years ago they realised that their web player is too good and they LITERALLY wricked ...

• Spotify used to have a very good web player. It was well featured and basically meant you really didn't need to install their software on your computer, but about 2 years ago they realised that their...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify often stops playing in Spotify Connect, saying "Press Play"

My Question or Issue (NL) Recently I bought 2 digital tuners (TechniSat 101 IR) in my house on the same network (XS4ALL/VDSL), with Spotify Connect built in. On my Samsung Galaxy S9 (Android 9) and my wifes' S10 I have installed the apps Technisat Co...

• Visitor
  •     My Question or Issue (NL)   Recently I bought 2 digital tuners (TechniSat 101 IR) in my house on the same network (XS4ALL/VDSL), with Spotify Connect built in. On my Samsung Ga...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify connect radio fix
    Technisat
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't connect on Mobile Data

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceAndroid X chargeOperating SystemAndroid Nougat My Question or IssueAs of about 3 or 4 months ago my spotify on Android will no longer play on mobile data. It tries to connect but then either says it's offline or gets stuck ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Android X charge Operating System Android Nougat   My Question or Issue As of about 3 or 4 months ago my spotify on Android will no longer play on mobil...
  • Alecbirds
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes