Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Recommended Concerts in Wrong City

For some reason all of my recommended concerts are located in or around Houston, TX but I'm in Atlanta, GA. Suggestions used to be for Atlanta and the only time I was in Houston was a few months ago for 3 days. Any thoughts?

• For some reason all of my recommended concerts are located in or around Houston, TX but I'm in Atlanta, GA. Suggestions used to be for Atlanta and the only time I was in Houston was a few months ago ...
  • soundswarm
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Car controls not working properly

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceOneplus 3TOperating SystemAndroid Pie (OxygenOS 9.0.4) My Question or IssueFor the life of me I can't get my car controls to work any more - or at least not reliably. The only way Spotify reacts to the car contro...

•   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Oneplus 3T Operating System Android Pie (OxygenOS 9.0.4)   My Question or Issue For the life of me I can't get my car controls to wor...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bluetooth
    Car
    Car Controls
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lockscreen Art

Spotify PremiumCanada DeviceAnrdoidOperating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 My Question or Issue:I have found some answers on how to remove the album art from a device's lockscreen but I am actually wondering how can I enable this feature. I know I had it on on...

• Visitor
  • Spotify Premium Canada   Device Anrdoid Operating System Android 8.1.0   My Question or Issue: I have found some answers on how to remove the album art from a device's lockscreen b...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Low Volume in Android

Recently I discovered that in Mac the dB output is a lot higher. I first suspect my smartphone but YouTube also has a higher output, when I say higher, I mean a very clear distinction between having heard some noises and listening to the music in noi...

• Composer
  • Recently I discovered that in Mac the dB output is a lot higher. I first suspect my smartphone but YouTube also has a higher output, when I say higher, I mean a very clear distinction between having ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • dB levels
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't share music on Instagram Stories

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 5Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or IssueSpotify and Instagram updated automatically. I reinsalled both apps but still not fixed. Please help me!

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue Spotify and Instagram updated automatically. I reinsalled both apps but sti...
  • MemmyBB
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to download all saved albums

With the old view i used to save albums and all the songs would automatically get a check mark. now that checkmark changed to a heart. Then if there was a song or two i did not liked i could just remove the checkmark and they would be gone. with the ...

• Regular
  • With the old view i used to save albums and all the songs would automatically get a check mark. now that checkmark changed to a heart. Then if there was a song or two i did not liked i could just rem...
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes

"Your library" library doesn't show followed podcast pages anymore

Spotify current update has removed the option to see the podcast you follow and so far I can't even find this option anywhere for the podcasts which I follow PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating S...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify current update has removed the option to see the podcast you follow  and so far I can't even find this option anywhere for the podcasts which I follow  Plan Free/Premium Country ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Long loading times while loading playlists

PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerlandDevice(Huawei P20 Lite)Operating System(Android EMUI 9.1) My Question or IssueHello Spotify, When I want to listen to music and show my playlist its very often that I wait a long time for opening. Most of its like stuck a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Switzerland Device (Huawei P20 Lite) Operating System (Android EMUI 9.1)   My Question or Issue Hello Spotify,   When I want to listen to music and show my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Moving SD Card to new Brand New Phone

Hello Community, I have made several playlists available offline via downloading to my SD card on my old phone. I have moved my SD card to my new phone. Now that I have a new phone, I noticed I have to re-download all of my playlists to my SD card ag...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Community,   I have made several playlists available offline via downloading to my SD card on my old phone.  I have moved my SD card to my new phone.  Now that I have a new pho...
  • MischiefFella
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Hide a song in a playlist

PlanThe S8 Free and the S7 PremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7 and S8Operating SystemThe S7 android 8.0 and the S8 android 9.0 My Question or IssueI wonder why it's possible to hide songs in playlists on the S8 phone and not the S7?It's the s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan The S8 Free and the S7 Premium Country Sweden Device Samsung Galaxy S7 and S8 Operating System The S7 android 8.0 and the S8 android 9.0   My Question or Issue I wonder why it's p...
  • Adam52
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Hide songs
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Huawei p30 & Spotify connect

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHi all, recently upgraded my phone to huawei p30. I've linked my Spotify account to it. My is...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hi all,...
  • xiaomant
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't remove downloaded songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMoto Go PowerOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or Issue I would like to delete some songs that I downloaded phone without removing them from my library. If each song on an album is downloaded, but the album itself isn't...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Moto Go Power Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue   I would like to delete some songs that I downloaded phone without removing them ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked Songs

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9+Operating SystemOne UI My Question or IssueI'm not a huge fan of the new "liked songs" system.When i download full albums, they don't show up in that playlist, so i would need to like every song on it'...

• Plan Premium Country Belgium Device Samsung Galaxy S9+ Operating System One UI   My Question or Issue I'm not a huge fan of the new "liked songs" system. When i download full albums, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

can't find songs

PlanPremium CountryIsrael DeviceSamsung Galaxy 9 Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi,I can't find some song on Spotify and wanted to know if I can upload the songs that I can't find from my phone? if so, how do I do it? Thank you

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Country Israel   Device Samsung Galaxy 9   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, I can't find some song on Spotify and wanted to know...
  • Rene01
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Download only some songs of an album

Is there a way to download certain albums only partially without using a playlist. The albums should then be displayed in the library, but only partially downloaded. Thank you

• Visitor
  • Is there a way to download certain albums only partially without using a playlist. The albums should then be displayed in the library, but only partially downloaded.   Thank you
  • Rene01
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Back button not available on headset or wear OS

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceLG G6Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or IssueWhen listening to music, the back button is disabled on both bluetooth headset and the wear OS controls when listening to either the first song in the playlis...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device LG G6 Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue When listening to music, the back button is disabled on both bluetooth headset and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Chromecast] Spotify interrupting other casts

PlanStudentCountryUnited States DeviceSamsung Galaxy s10Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)Android Oreo? My Question or IssueWhenever I cast Spotify to my Chromecast then I cast another app afterwards like YouTube or Netflix etc. ...

•   Plan Student Country United States   Device Samsung Galaxy s10 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) Android Oreo?   My Question or Issue Wheneve...
  • Cardremotepuff
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Account possibly hacked, liked songs and playlists gone.

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceOneplus 6TOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI use spotify a lot on my nightshifts whilst I work and recently random songs started playing on my account as I was listening to my usual playlists. When I get home I tr...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Oneplus 6T Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I use spotify a lot on my nightshifts whilst I work and recently random songs started playing ...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't save more songs, even though I haven't saved 10,000 songs

PlanPremium My Question or IssueI know there's a 10,000 song limit per playlist. But even though I have 9274 songs in my liked songs list, whenever I try liking a new song, Spotify says my library is totally full.Wasn't I supposed to still be able to...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   My Question or Issue I know there's a 10,000 song limit per playlist. But even though I have 9274 songs in my liked songs list, whenever I try liking a new song, Spotify says ...
  • Rene01
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Huawei MediaPad SOLUTION NEEDED!!!

Can you please fix this issue NOW? Spotify on my $400 MediaPad M5 behaves as if installed on my phone!!! this is especially stupid while using it in my car as landscape only device when it force-switches to vertical mode in song view! This occured si...

• Casual Listener
  • Can you please fix this issue NOW?   Spotify on my $400 MediaPad M5 behaves as if installed on my phone!!!   this is especially stupid while using it in my car as landscape only device ...
  • Nimpiso
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes