Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Not Every Song Saved Appears in My "Songs" tab.

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 Nougat My Question or Issue Before I start I'm going to get something out of the way. I have already logged out and in, and re-installed the app numerous times so don't even ...

•   Plan Premium Country  Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Android 7.0 Nougat   My Question or Issue  Before I start I'm going to get something out of the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't turn on shuffle mode or repeat mode

I have come across some playlists wich don't have forced shuffle but I can't turn it back on and turn on repeat mode. (Can't locate the buttons at the place they used to be [see attachment])PlanFreeDeviceCubot King Kong 3Operating SystemAndroid 8.1 O...

• I have come across some playlists wich don't have forced shuffle but I can't turn it back on and turn on repeat mode. (Can't locate the buttons at the place they used to be [see attachment]) Plan F...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify adding songs to my playlists!

Spotify adds songs to my playlists on mobile, and it's really annoying. Could anyone tell me how to disable this feature or if it is not possible? As you can see in the picture, there are two tabs and one is called 'we added'. Is there a way to disab...

• Spotify adds songs to my playlists on mobile, and it's really annoying. Could anyone tell me how to disable this feature or if it is not possible? As you can see in the picture, there are two tabs an...
  • NitinJain
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist on spotify command android google home

to play your own playlists just say: Play My Playlist + the name of your list. Works fine 4 me.

• to play your own playlists just say: Play My Playlist + the name of your list.   Works fine 4 me.    
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Music Spotify integration

Hello! I've been taking a look to the new Samsung Music app, that now supports Spotify. And my question is about how they play together. Will the actual Samsung Music app play music from the Spotify database, or will it just take you to the Spotify a...

• Hello! I've been taking a look to the new Samsung Music app, that now supports Spotify. And my question is about how they play together. Will the actual Samsung Music app play music from the Spotify ...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Could PC local files be linked to Spotify's own servers?

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceGoogle Pixel XL2Operating SystemAndroid Pie & Windows 10 I have 10's of thousands of music files on my pc and in an ideal world it would be great to access any of them from my phone or any of my mobile devices, but if I und...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country  UK Device Google Pixel XL2 Operating System Android Pie & Windows 10  I have 10's of thousands of music files on my pc and in an ideal world it wou...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Problema con autorización apps 3ros

Quiero autorizar el uso de mi cuenta a una aplicación externa pero me aparece logeada una cuenta la cual ya no uso y de la cual no recuerdo ni el correo. El problema es que no hay una opcion en moviles que diga "¿No eres tú?" o "Salir" (en un navegad...

image.png
  • Regular
  •   Quiero autorizar el uso de mi cuenta a una aplicación externa pero me aparece logeada una cuenta la cual ya no uso y de la cual no recuerdo ni el correo. El problema es que no hay u...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Same Songs Repeat from Playlist Missing Songs

This is the second time I've had to contact Spotify about this issue.Shuffle play has been deactivated on a few of my playlists. I can play whichever 40 or so songs I choose on a playlist of around 200 songs, but all of my other songs are missing and...

• Casual Listener
  • This is the second time I've had to contact Spotify about this issue. Shuffle play has been deactivated on a few of my playlists. I can play whichever 40 or so songs I choose on a playlist of around...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Let It Happen - Tame Impala - Song Cuts Off

PlanPremiumCountry Every CountryDeviceEvery DeviceOperating SystemEvery OS The song cuts at minute 3:28 and just jumps into the next song. It's pretty annoying since it is my favorite song, could someone please correct this?? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Every Country Device Every Device Operating System Every OS   The song cuts at minute 3:28 and just jumps into the next song. It's pretty annoying since it is...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Why can't my Galaxy S8+ post to Instagram stories?

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceSamsung Galaxy S8+Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 Application Version Version 8.4.84.874My Question or Issue I've been looking for weeks on how to share music with Instagram Stories. It appears that Apple users can a...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States  Device Samsung Galaxy S8+ Operating System Android 8.0  Application Version  Version 8.4.84.874 My Question or Issue  I've been look...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Instagram Stories
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Samsung S9 - Spotify not recognizing Wi-Fi

Plan: PremiumCountry: Canada Device: Samsung Galaxy 9Operating System: not sure My previous phone (Samsung Galaxy S6) had Spotify and I was able to stream content only when connected to Wi-Fi. I upgraded to Premium when I got the S9. I went to Spotif...

• Plan: Premium Country: Canada   Device: Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System: not sure   My previous phone (Samsung Galaxy S6) had Spotify and I was able to stream content only...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    s9
    Samsung
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not playing nice on Android Auto without Internet connection

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceMotorola Moto G5S PlusOperating SystemAndroid Oreo 8.1 My Question or IssueI was using Android Auto on the Xmas travel and I downloaded a playlist because I knew that on Brazil roads the Internet connection is not good. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Motorola Moto G5S Plus Operating System Android Oreo 8.1   My Question or Issue I was using Android Auto on the Xmas travel and I downloaded a p...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Erro pra baixar músicas no cartão SD

Socorro, não consigo encontrar a opção no aplicativo para baixar as músicas no cartão SD. Antes tinha essa opção mas do nada sumiu. Já desinstalei e intalei de novo mas não reapareceu. Meu celular tem pouca memória interna não posso fazer os download...

• Socorro, não consigo encontrar a opção no aplicativo para baixar as músicas no cartão SD. Antes tinha essa opção mas do nada sumiu. Já desinstalei e intalei de novo mas não reapareceu. Meu celular te...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists

PlanPremiumCountry(GB)Operating System(Android 8.0) My Question or IssueI can not search in playlists for specific songs any more I used too but cant now, why is this?

• Plan Premium Country (GB) Operating System (Android 8.0)   My Question or Issue I can not search in playlists for specific songs any more I used too but cant now, why is this?  
  • Ruhefuchs
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist directly on android desktop

Hi everybody, I've recently changed my mobile phone. On the old one, I don't remember how, I had my playlist directly on my mobile desktop so that simply clicking on it, it would start automatically that list, without having to start tspotify, select...

• Hi everybody,   I've recently changed my mobile phone. On the old one, I don't remember how, I had my playlist directly on my mobile desktop so that simply clicking on it, it would start autom...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect not working when localhost resolves to more than one address

DeviceGalaxy S7 running LineageOSOperating SystemAndroid 7 Nougat My Question or IssueOn my Android device, Spotify sends the mDNS broadcasts over the lo interface due to the following bug in the Spotify mDNS implementation. First, the system's hostn...

•  Device Galaxy S7 running LineageOS Operating System Android 7 Nougat   My Question or Issue On my Android device, Spotify sends the mDNS broadcasts over the lo interface due to the f...
  • 0 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 15 likes

Musica **bleep** sozinha, troca, pausa.Google assistente ativa sozinho.

Musica mudando sozinho, pausando e pulando. Google assistente abre sozinho tamb enquanto ouço musica. ja tentei de tudo. o que devo fazer?

• Musica mudando sozinho, pausando e pulando. Google assistente abre sozinho tamb enquanto ouço musica. ja tentei de tudo. o que devo fazer?  
  • thiago_yr3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone - can´t play

My Question or IssueI think I must have done somthing wrong. I had premium but it didnt work so I again got the free version. I cant play songs om my Iphone. It starts - see the file - but I can only listen in a few seconds intil the cirkel is closed...

•     My Question or Issue I think I must have done somthing wrong. I had premium but  it didnt work so I again got the free version. I cant play songs om my Iphone. It starts - see t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play Google assistant

PlanPremiumCountry ColombiaDeviceXiaomi MiBox sOperating SystemAndroid TV 8.1 My Question or Issue I have a tvbox Xiaomi my box, first when I asked Google assistant a song opened Spotify lasted 3 seconds and it closed due to connection error, now it ...

• Plan Premium Country  Colombia Device Xiaomi MiBox s Operating System Android TV 8.1   My Question or Issue  I have a tvbox Xiaomi my box, first when I asked Google assistant...
  • daverzo920
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • MiBox s
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Lagging/stuttering Samsung Galaxy S9

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9 SMG960FOperating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 Oreo My Question or IssueThe songs keep lagging from time to time, especially the first song I listen to in any playlist (even offline), even if I'm using the phone ...

• Plan Premium Country Norway Device Samsung Galaxy S9 SMG960F Operating System Android 8.0.0 Oreo   My Question or Issue The songs keep lagging from time to time, especially the first s...
  • And_eri
  • 1 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Android 8
    Lagging
    Samsung S9
  • 1 replies
  • 10 likes