Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Hide songs

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceSamsung Galaxy S7My Question or Issue About a week ago my spotify app changed so that the dislike button on songs changed from allow to play this to hiding a song on the list. Now whenever i want to dislike a song and to get ...

• Plan Free Country  USA Device Samsung Galaxy S7 My Question or Issue  About a week ago my spotify app changed so that the dislike button on songs changed from allow to play this to h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Stop working with some songs

PlanPremiumCountry MexicoDeviceHisenseOperating System(Android My Question or Issue The Spotify's app stop work on my cell when I try to play songs, locals songs. I don't know why. Just happens with certain songs.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Mexico Device Hisense Operating System (Android   My Question or Issue  The Spotify's app stop work on my cell when I try to play songs, locals songs. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play continuous songs from a search

Plan: PremiumCountry: ArgentinaDevice: One Plus 6Operating System: Android 9 (OxygenOS 9.0.2) My Question or IssueSince a time ago I'm not able to reproce a list of search songs on my Android device which it's the most important feature of the applic...

• Plan: Premium Country: Argentina Device: One Plus 6 Operating System: Android 9 (OxygenOS 9.0.2)   My Question or Issue Since a time ago I'm not able to reproce a list of search songs on m...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • bug
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify notification question

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue Hello i want to know if it's possible that the little circle with lines on it ( The little Spotify notification on the top left ) can stay in the notific...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country France Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue   Hello i want to know if it's possible that the little circle...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Show me my downloads when theres no internet.

The first thing to load should be the stuff I have downloaded. I shouldn't have to wait for a slow internet connection to view this stuff. Today when I was out of service it wouldn't show anything(see pic). Samsung S7, premium user.

• The first thing to load should be the stuff I have downloaded. I shouldn't have to wait for a slow internet connection to view this stuff.  Today when I was out of service it wouldn't show anyth...
  • jfrantz00
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    downloads
    internet
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify & Pixel Buds

The play/pause/previous/next on the Pixel Buds don't respond to Spotify, but respond to other apps. PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDevicePixel 2 XLOperating SystemAndroid Oreo

• The play/pause/previous/next on the Pixel Buds don't respond to Spotify, but respond to other apps.   Plan Premium Country  Canada Device Pixel 2 XL Operating System Android O...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Only a small subset of songs are shuffled on Chromecast, close to the first song played

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceChromecast, cast from Galaxy S8. My Question or Issue This has been going on for at least a year and still isn't fixed, the old threads are now closed because they are out of date, but it's still ongoing. If you click shuff...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK  Device Chromecast, cast from Galaxy S8.   My Question or Issue   This has been going on for at least a year and still isn't fixed, the old thr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • shuffle
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Amazon Alexa Spotify account plays on other devices

PlanFamilyCountry CanadaDeviceGalaxy Note 8, Amazon Alexa, Android AutoOperating SystemAndroid Oreo, Android Auto 3.7.584044-release My Question or Issue When I play Spotify through my phone and my daughter does "Spotify Connect" for Amazon Alex, my ...

• Plan Family Country  Canada Device Galaxy Note 8, Amazon Alexa, Android Auto Operating System Android Oreo, Android Auto 3.7.584044-release   My Question or Issue  When I pla...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Low volume on Android app

The sound is incredibly quiet in the Android app. I have to put the volume at 100% if I want to get the same volume I'd get playing the same song at 60% volume in Google Play or my phone's native music app. Is there a fix for this? I find it disappoi...

• The sound is incredibly quiet in the Android app. I have to put the volume at 100% if I want to get the same volume I'd get playing the same song at 60% volume in Google Play or my phone's native mus...
  • StuFLX
  • 209 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 209 replies
  • 12 likes

Spotify does not play sound on Gear S3

PlanPremiumCountry VietnamDeviceGear S3 FrontierOperating SystemTizen My Question or IssueSometimes Spotify suddenly stop having any sound on my Gear S3, before this, it was playing fine, there was not any problem.I have checked volume is at full, wi...

• Plan Premium Country  Vietnam Device Gear S3 Frontier Operating System Tizen   My Question or Issue Sometimes Spotify suddenly stop having any sound on my Gear S3, before this, it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files added on PC and downloaded on mobile not playing when next in queue

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy A5 (2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue So when I add local files from my PC to my playlist they work just fine in every way, but when I download them on my ...

• Plan Premium Country  Germany Device Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  So when I add local files ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs wont save

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueI cant save or download new songs. I click the check mark, or the save song button and it wont save it. So i am unable to save any new songs. I have lots...

• Plan Premium Country  Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue I cant save or download new songs. I click the check mark, or the s...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Dateien von Smartphone zu Smartphone übertragen

Hallo, ich nutze Spotify Premium und habe meine Playlists ergänzt durch lokale Dateien vom PC. Jetzt ist mir vor einem halben Jahr der PC abgeschmiert und mit ihm alle lokalen Dateien. Seit einer Woche hab ich ein neues Handy (Xiaomi Mi8 EE) und möch...

• Regular
  •   Hallo, ich nutze Spotify Premium und habe meine Playlists ergänzt durch lokale Dateien vom PC. Jetzt ist mir vor einem halben Jahr der PC abgeschmiert und mit ihm alle lokalen Dateien.  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify freezing in landscape on S9

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue I seem to have an issue since the recent update where when the phone I in landscape mode and playing back my playlist, it freezes the app completely when I ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  UK Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  I seem to have an issue since the recent update where when the ph...
  • Ninotschka
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Car audio error when downloading on to Spotify

Plan DeviceCar audio android Operating System8 My Question or Issue 

IMG_20181123_111617.jpg
  • Plan   Device Car audio android  Operating System 8   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! unable to see new releases and charts and genres

I'm on the free version and have an android tablet. I deleted all data on the app, and the search feature is now devoid of all information buttons (new release, genres, etc.) except a search bar and a voice input. I deleted the entire app and reinsta...

• Regular
  • I'm on the free version and have an android tablet.  I deleted all data on the  app, and the search feature is now devoid of all information buttons (new release, genres, etc.) except a ...
  • grr4
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify logs me off then wont allow me to sign in "offline"

Samsung s5 in Canada. So frustrating. Always let's me down. I need it offline because I can't afford all the data. When I reinstall it won't recognize my SD card . Fills my internal memory. Uninstalled and installed so many times I feel sick. I pay y...

• Samsung s5 in Canada.  So frustrating.  Always let's me down.  I need it offline because I can't afford all the data. When I reinstall it won't recognize my SD card . Fills my internal...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Suddenly unable to download tracks over mobiles data

For some reason Spotify will no longer download over mobile data. The option to allow it is still ticked, my phone has loads of free room and the app has storage permissions granted. I've reinstalled the app, power cycled my phone and tried changing ...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason Spotify will no longer download over mobile data. The option to allow it is still ticked, my phone has loads of free room and the app has storage permissions granted.   I've re...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant control spotify app via bluetooth devices.

PlanPremiumCountry GreeceDevicePixel 2XLOperating SystemAndoid Pie 9.0 Good day to you all,Like i said on the title i cant control (skip,stop) spotify app through Jabra 75e headphones or the Galaxy gear s2 smartwatch. When the app is open in fullscre...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Greece Device Pixel 2XL Operating System Andoid Pie 9.0   Good day to you all, Like i said on the title i cant control (skip,stop) spotify app throug...
  • omrtlegol
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files from Desktop not able to play in playlist

Hi everyone,So previously i have been able to have local files in one of my playlists dwnloaded and able to play on my phone. However, recently, when i try to add new songs that are local, they wont sync with my phone and i am unable to play them. Th...

• Hi everyone, So previously i have been able to have local files in one of my playlists dwnloaded and able to play on my phone. However, recently, when i try to add new songs that are local, they won...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes