Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Nothing loads on first try

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceOnePlus 6TOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or Issue Whenever I try to navigate into an album, playlist, or menu, it simply shows a dark background with the green loading circle which spins indefinitely. I have to go ba...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device OnePlus 6T Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue  Whenever I try to navigate into an album, playlist, or menu, it simply shows a dark b...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Problem Adding Songs

My Question or Issue I'm having trouble adding songs and albums to my library, i can't do it for some reason, they don't add to the library..

• Regular
  •   My Question or Issue  I'm having trouble adding songs and albums to my library, i can't do it for some reason, they don't add to the library..
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Albums
    songs
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Display bug on taller aspect ratio

PlanPremiumCountry BrazilDeviceXiaomi Mi A2 LiteOperating SystemAndroid One (8.1) My Issue The device that I'm having problems on has a 19:9 aspect ratio. The app has a big gap in the bottom, between the end of the app and the start of the buttons. S...

• Plan Premium Country  Brazil Device Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Operating System Android One (8.1)   My Issue  The device that I'm having problems on has a 19:9 aspect ratio. The app h...
  • RockstarFischer
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 8.1
    display bug
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I participate in Spotify Android beta program?

PlanPremiumCountry TurkeyDeviceSamsung Galaxy J7 j730FOperating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or Issue I want to participate in Spotify Android beta program.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  Turkey Device Samsung Galaxy J7 j730F Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue  I want to participate in Spotify Android beta program.
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to download Just a single track and not the entire album in Android??

PlanPremiumCountry ItalyDeviceWiko sunnyOperating SystemAndroid Can I dowload Just a single track and not the entire album?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Italy Device Wiko sunny Operating System Android   Can I dowload Just a single track and not the entire album?
  • RockstarFischer
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music downloaded but still after a while goes dark

PlanPremium Country Ireland Operating SystemAndroid 8.1 My Question or IssueI have my music downloaded and have premium when I am playing music on my phone it works perfectly no problem. but when I use it on my other device android 8.1 the music is d...

•   Plan Premium    Country  Ireland   Operating System Android 8.1   My Question or Issue I have my music downloaded and have premium when I am playing music o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

problems with spotify and android about the artist's information

PlanPremiumCountry italyDevicehuaweyOperating Systemandroid My Question or Issueno track and album information when i stream spotify via bluethooth with my android (huawey p10 lite). i should switch off and switch on my multimedia audio in the settin...

• Plan Premium Country  italy Device huawey Operating System android   My Question or Issue no track and album information when i stream spotify via bluethooth with my android (huaw...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant listen to an artist songs

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountry USAOperating systemAndroid My Question or Issue I want to listen to an artist. I search them up and go to the son...

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country  USA Operating system Android   My Quest...
  • RockstarFischer
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Moving downloads from internal storage to external storage

PlanPremiunCountryUnited StatesDeviceAT&T Samsung Galaxy S9 PlusOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueI just purchased a MicroSD card for my phone to expand my storage and capacity so I could store more music, photos, videos, etc. I had se...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premiun Country United States Device AT&T Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue I just purchased a MicroSD card for my phone to expand my...
  • RockstarFischer
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Sharing to Instagram Story Not Working

PlanFree/PremiumCountry INDONESIADeviceSAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 9Operating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 My Question or Issue Why i cant found instagram stories on my share menu? Already updated spotify to latest version and also for instagram. I also tried to clea...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  INDONESIA Device SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 9 Operating System Android 8.1.0     My Question or Issue   Why i cant found instagram stories on my sh...
  • Michaelb2202
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists and saved music gone from android

Hello, I'm having a problem I can't find a single fix for. I had roommate who thought they could decide what I had on my phone and kept deleting my spotify. Now that's all over with but I can't retrieve my saved music or playlists, I've tried resetti...

• Hello, I'm having a problem I can't find a single fix for. I had roommate who thought they could decide what I had on my phone and kept deleting my spotify. Now that's all over with but I can't retri...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing doesn't work anymore

When sharing a song by SMS to friends etc, its just a garbled link that does nothing. I've uninstalled app and re-installed, no difference. Friends are same (primarily Android). I have an S9, what is going on? This is irrtating as heck as we're alway...

• Music Fan
  • When sharing a song by SMS to friends etc, its just a garbled link that does nothing. I've uninstalled app and re-installed, no difference. Friends are same (primarily Android). I have an S9, what is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorry Something Went Wrong, That didnt work please have another go

Hello I have a Samsung Galaxy s8 i had been using the app very well and now it has been about a week were i keep getting the same error message " Sorry, Something Went Wrong. That Didn't Work. Please Have Another Go" and it does not let me look for n...

• Hello I have a Samsung Galaxy s8 i had been using the app very well and now it has been about a week were i keep getting the same error message " Sorry, Something Went Wrong. That Didn't Work. Please...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Shuffle mode for "Songs" playlist can't be disabled

Hi. Previosly I could listen to songs in my collection in the chronological order. Now there's a shuffle by default and I can't find the way to desable it. Both on Mac on on my phone. Could you please help? Thanks PlanPremiumCountry UKDevice(Huawei)O...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.  Previosly I could listen to songs in my collection in the chronological order. Now there's a shuffle by default and I can't find the way to desable it. Both on Mac on on my phone. Could yo...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App install error on Google Play

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceSamsung Galaxy 7 edge model SM-G935FOperating SystemAndriod 8.0.0 My Question or Issue My phone received an android update, I think a security patch, after that the Spotify app which had never had any issues simply dissapea...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device Samsung Galaxy 7 edge model SM-G935F Operating System Andriod 8.0.0   My Question or Issue  My phone received an android update, I think a sec...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Massive battery drain with BMW connected

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My IssueUsing Spotify Music (ver 8.4.77.779) together with BMW Connected (ver 6.0.0.4962). No updates available for either app. In some cases I have a massive battey usage by...

•   Plan Premium Country Norway Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Issue Using Spotify Music (ver 8.4.77.779) together with BMW Connected (ver 6.0.0.4962)....
  • RockstarFischer
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with the informations on Plan Assign

Plan Bank SlipFree/Premium: Free to PremiumCountry: Brazil Device: Motorola Moto G5S Plus Operating System Android 7.1.1 My Question or IssueI've assigned te Premium by ticket, and selected the 3-month plan, for R$50,00, some months ago, and the begg...

• Plan Bank Slip Free/Premium: Free to Premium Country: Brazil   Device: Motorola Moto G5S Plus   Operating System Android 7.1.1     My Question or Issue I've assigned te ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I never use Shuffle Play

Plan: PremiumCountry: UKDevice: OneplusOperating System: Android My Question or IssueI never use the 'Shuffle Play' button. It's difficult to play an album without a 'Play' button, so this very is frustrating. I know there is an interwined arrows but...

• Plan: Premium Country:  UK Device: Oneplus Operating System: Android   My Question or Issue I never use the 'Shuffle Play' button.   It's difficult to play an album without a '...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Where are the predefined Radio categories gone?

I've a premium account buy no longer have the previous Radio functionality, i.e I can't pick a radio station based on a genre or a decade for example. Best I can find is song or artist radio which is not much use to me. Has been this been removed? Ed...

• Music Fan
  • I've a premium account buy no longer have the previous Radio functionality, i.e I can't pick a radio station based on a genre or a decade for example. Best I can find is song or artist radio which is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t turn shuffle off

Very often a like or dislike button appears where usually there is a shuffle button. At this moment my shuffle is on and I want to turn it off. Does anyone know how I can turn off shuffle when this happens? And Is there any way at all to make the lik...

• Very often a like or dislike button appears where usually there is a shuffle button. At this moment my shuffle is on and I want to turn it off. Does anyone know how I can turn off shuffle when this h...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes