Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast implementation is buggy

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceSamsung Galaxy Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or Issue I constantly have to reboot my phone in order to see my chromecast devices. They show up without problems in Google Home, YouTube apps and others...

• Plan Premium Country Norway Device Samsung Galaxy Galaxy S8 Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue  I constantly have to reboot my phone in order to see my chromeca...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Problems with my Pixel 2 xl, using the original usb c adapter, i cant skip song on spotify

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevice(Google Pixel 2 XL)Operating System(Android 8.1) My Question or Issue Cant skip song on spotify, just pause and play, i can skip the songs on google play without any problems, so the problem is on spotify, i reinstalled...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device (Google Pixel 2 XL) Operating System (Android 8.1)   My Question or Issue  Cant skip song on spotify, just pause and play, i can skip the songs...
  • fooosp
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Battery Drain Since Last Update

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(LG V30Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 It seems every since the latest update to the android version of spotify my battery on my phone is draining really fast. i Got rid of other apps i thought could be the problem but im sure...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device (LG V30 Operating System Android 8.0   It seems every since the latest update to the android version of spotify my battery on my phone is drainin...
  • jholtx
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

The Android App is Buggy

PlanPremiumCountry EnglandDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueMy issue is the same as this onehttps://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/APP-BUGS/td-p/4530811I've tried the suggested possible fixes including clea...

• Plan Premium Country  England Device Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue My issue is the same as this one https://community.spotify.co...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bugs
    Version 8.4.17.640 armV7
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant find Shuffle Play on my playlist.

Hello, im using a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and I only have a free plan. I cant seem to find the shuffle play on my playlist songs, note that ive already tried reinstalling the app.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, im using a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and I only have a free plan. I cant seem to find the shuffle play on my playlist songs, note that ive already tried reinstalling the app.  
  • Sakkls
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution downloaded music will not play sometimes while offline

Plan PremiumCountry UsaDevice android galaxy s7 edge Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue This morning I attempted to play a song which I have downloaded in the past and played hundreds of times in the past and I am the premium paying s...

• Music Fan
  • Plan  Premium Country  Usa Device  android galaxy s7 edge  Operating System  Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  This morning I attempted to play a ...
  • ken4runner7
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't login on Chinese radio head unit with Android 6.0

FreeCountry USA DeviceChinese radio head unitOperating SystemAndroid 6.0 My Question or IssueI recently installed a Chinese head unit in my car (Android 6.0). Downloaded Spotify from Google Play and created account, made initial music selections etc....

•   Free Country  USA   Device Chinese radio head unit Operating System Android 6.0   My Question or Issue I recently installed a Chinese head unit in my car (Android 6.0)...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • chinese radio
    head unit
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Since no one seemed to solve the "Blocked Song" issue yet...

I was listening to an album on the Spotify mobile app on my Samsung 7, and accidentally hit the "Block Song" button. I cannot recover the song back to the album, but I do have the song on another playlist. After extensive research, I found that this ...

• Visitor
  • I was listening to an album on the Spotify mobile app on my Samsung 7, and accidentally hit the "Block Song" button. I cannot recover the song back to the album, but I do have the song on another pla...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why I am not a Spotify user - immersive mode is not supported

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DevicePixel 2 xlOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Spotify devs doesn't now about immersive mode. Black bar at the bottom of the screen when navigation bar disabled. I would be happy to attach the screenshot but Spot...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Pixel 2 xl Operating System Android    My Question or Issue  Spotify devs doesn't now about immersive mode. Black bar at the bottom of...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Newb question about Spotify-Instagram

PremiumCountry SwedenDeviceXperia XZOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue So I decided to try out this new cool feature sharing my music with my friends on Instagram MyStory. I've seen others do it with screen recording so this seemed so ...

• Music Fan
  • Premium Country  Sweden Device Xperia XZ Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  So I decided to try out this new cool feature sharing my music with my friends o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Crashing on startup

PlanPremiumCountry Sweden DeviceOnePlus 3TOperating SystemAndroidMy Question or Issue Since the latest update today the application crashes on every startup. The search bar starts to render and then everything closes. Every time. Have tried clearing ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden   Device OnePlus 3T Operating System Android My Question or Issue  Since the latest update today the application crashes on every startup. The se...
  • tcaravana
  • Regular
  • 24 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Not possible to add songs to queue on Chromecast streaming

Hi there,since two days I am Not able to add songs to queue when streaming on Chromecast (no matter which of the chromecasts).My girlfriend is still able to do it.I have an Samsung Galaxy 8 with Android 8. Spotify Version 8.4.66.733 arm V7She has an ...

• Visitor
  • Hi there, since two days I am Not able to add songs to queue when streaming on Chromecast (no matter which of the chromecasts). My girlfriend is still able to do it. I have an Samsung Galaxy 8 wit...
  • mkleban
  • Music Fan
  • 46 replies
  • 57 likes
  • 46 replies
  • 57 likes

Playlist Name show my user name

PlanPremiumCountryBrasilDevice(Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro 2018)Operating System(Android Nougat) My problem is that whenever I listen to a song, at the top of the screen, where the playlist name appears, my username is appearing, and I was wondering if thi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brasil Device (Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro 2018) Operating System (Android Nougat)     My problem is that whenever I listen to a song, at the top of the screen, whe...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stuck in offline on galaxy s7

PlanPremiumCountryIreland DeviceGalaxy s7Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or Issue Since this morning I have been unable to get spotify out of offline mode. I have checked that the option is disabled in settings and I have logged out then chan...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Ireland  Device Galaxy s7 Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue  Since this morning I have been unable to get spotify out of offlin...
  • ArthurDigbyS
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to see all my songs on phone?

Hi, I'm mainly using spotify on my computer where I add songs by clicking on plus sign and then play them by clicking on "Songs".I remember that when I was playing songs on phone I would go "Your library" and I could click there also on "Songs". But ...

• Regular
  • Hi, I'm mainly using spotify on my computer where I add songs by clicking on plus sign and then play them by clicking on "Songs". I remember that when I was playing songs on phone I would go "Your l...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth Disconnection Doesn't Pause Music

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDevice(OnePlus 6 256GB)Operating System(Android 8.1.0.) My Question or Issue I listen to Spotify almost solely in my car and for years when I've turned my car off (ending the Bluetooth connection) Spotify has paused, and r...

• Plan Premium Country  Australia Device (OnePlus 6 256GB) Operating System (Android 8.1.0.)   My Question or Issue   I listen to Spotify almost solely in my car and for years...
  • forcedrevival
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot search for songs on cellular

PlanPremium Country US DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8 Operating SystemAndroid Version 8.0.0 (Oreo) My Question or Issue I cannot search for music over the cellular network. It says to go online. I want to search over the celluar network. I've attached my set...

• Plan Premium   Country  US   Device Samsung Galaxy 8   Operating System Android Version 8.0.0 (Oreo)   My Question or Issue  I cannot search for music over ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable of filter playlist on android

PlanPremiumCountry AmericaDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SAndroid 8 My Question or Issue I am able to serch my playlist on android which brings up all songs containing whatever im looking for but im unable to filter so the serched songs play within ...

• Plan Premium Country  America Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating S Android 8    My Question or Issue  I am able to serch my playlist on android which brings up all songs ...
  • YahTehgz
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I paid premium but it isn't working

I already paid my premium subscription and the app says that i have 29 days before go online but it gives me the option "go premium" too, what do i have to do?

Screenshot_20171018-212123.png
  • I already paid my premium subscription and the app says that i have 29 days before go online but it gives me the option "go premium" too, what do i have to do?  
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes