Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android Auto - sort and filter Playlists -sort titel

Dear Support. I'mean using Android Auto and Spotify. Where are all the features? How to filter on offline Playlists and sort options. As well the function to sort titels is not available. The usability is that bad if you have a lot of Playlists but y...

• Music Fan
  • Dear Support. I'mean using Android Auto and Spotify. Where are all the features? How to filter on offline Playlists and sort options. As well the function to sort titels is not available. The usabili...
  • Uthoocha
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Android Auto Playlist Order Download
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Queue button

In my Android app, the button for the play queue no longer appears in all playlists and in the Daily Mix ... What can it be?

• In my Android app, the button for the play queue no longer appears in all playlists and in the Daily Mix ... What can it be?
  • Garbo1990
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played Artists List won't update

Hey, lately my Recently Played Artists List won't update and when I check my friends profiles theirs haven't updated either. I did clear my data and reinstalled the app on my Samsung phone, but that hasn't fixed the issue. Is there a fix for this? Th...

• Hey, lately my Recently Played Artists List won't update and when I check my friends profiles theirs haven't updated either. I did clear my data and reinstalled the app on my Samsung phone, but that ...
  • Celle
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

Phone payment not working

I cant pay for Spotify premium more than once through my phone, I live in the Philippines and I Use SMART to pay but it isn't working anymore, anyone having the same problem?

• I cant pay for Spotify premium more than once through my phone, I live in the Philippines and I Use SMART to pay but it isn't working anymore, anyone having the same problem?😢
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spofity on Samsung Gear s3 Frontier

Do I have to have Spotify Premium in order to play music on my my Gear without it being connected to my phone? If not, please advise on how to get past the "Upgrade" screen on my gear. Thanks!

• Do I have to have Spotify Premium in order to play music on my my Gear without it being connected to my phone? If not, please advise on how to get past the "Upgrade" screen on my gear.  Thanks!
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files

IveI tried everything, the format of the songs UvrI tried to save on my phone through Spotify desktop is right, I've changed the playlist, I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it again, I've tried changing my wifi, but nothing works!!!! If I can'...

• IveI tried everything, the format of the songs UvrI tried to save on my phone through Spotify desktop is right, I've changed the playlist, I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it again, I've trie...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Memoria interna

Olá, estou com um problema relacionado a memória do meu app Spotify, o que ocorre é que mesmo estando configurado para salvar as músicas no cartão SD. Ele também está ocupando a memória interna do meu celular como mostram os prints abaixo:Por favor m...

• Regular
  • Olá, estou com um problema relacionado a memória do meu app Spotify, o que ocorre é que mesmo estando configurado para salvar as músicas no cartão SD. Ele também está ocupando a memória interna do me...
  • medíocre
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android][Samsung TV] Connect not working until manually login on Samsung app

Hi all, Our Samsung TV does not appear in list of available playback devices until I manually login to the Samsung Spotify app. I assumed that one of the goals of Spotify Connect is that you can login to the playback device using another already logg...

• Hi all,   Our Samsung TV does not appear in list of available playback devices until I manually login to the Samsung Spotify app.   I assumed that one of the goals of Spotify Connect is...
  • leojquinteros
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Samsung Galaxy S8

Hi all,Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find a similar question/answer anywhere. I just switched to Android yesterday after years of iPhone so have almost no knowledge of how it operates. The issue I have had is that when I let ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find a similar question/answer anywhere.  I just switched to Android yesterday after years of iPhone so have almost no knowledge o...
  • beatcombermusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mixes Missing

Hi everyone..Been Spotify Premium listener for the past 4 years & am currently using an LG X Power/Android smartphone device. Anyhow I am experiencing problems utilizing & listening to my Daily Mixes. When I press the Daily Mix tab, it brings me to a...

• Roadie
  • Hi everyone..Been Spotify Premium listener for the past 4 years & am currently using an LG X Power/Android smartphone device. Anyhow I am experiencing problems utilizing & listening to my Dai...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlisty bug on Huawei P20 Pro

Spotify is reseting currently playing song and automaticly starting song which is first at the playlist after minimizing Spotify to the desktop and returning to the application. Im using the newest relase of Spotify and Huawei P20 Pro compilation - A...

• Spotify is reseting currently playing song and automaticly starting song which is first at the playlist after minimizing Spotify to the desktop and returning to the application.    Im usi...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

How many Songs do i currently have

How do I know how many songs I currently have in my Spotify? Premium subscriber here. Thanks!

• Regular
  • How do I know how many songs I currently have in my Spotify?   Premium subscriber here.   Thanks!
  • Ariladeroute
  • 14 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 9 likes

How to "un-dislike" a song?

I was playing one of my daily mixes and fiddled with the phone - and whoa - accidentally clicked that "dislike button" (or whatever) I had not seen ever before. Then I accidentally pressed again some another thing on the screen. All I saw was somethi...

• Music Fan
  • I was playing one of my daily mixes and fiddled with the phone - and whoa - accidentally clicked that "dislike button" (or whatever) I had not seen ever before. Then I accidentally pressed&...
  • thromshall
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 23 likes

stuck in offline mode

I saw numerous posts about this and I've tried various solutions, even the one where it suggested I clear the data and cache and then uninstalled Spotify and reinstall the client on my phone, but nothing seems to work unfortunately.I can still listen...

• I saw numerous posts about this and I've tried various solutions, even the one where it suggested I clear the data and cache and then uninstalled Spotify and reinstall the client on my phone, but not...
  • fugitiveALiEN
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify song download

How do I know the songs have been downloaded into my sd card? I set the download location to my sd card under settings but when I check my phone storage, it states that spotify is taking up nearly 1GB of space? any help? is this correct?

• Visitor
  • How do I know the songs have been downloaded into my sd card? I set the download location to my sd card under settings but when I check my phone storage, it states that spotify is taking up nearly 1G...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connecting to someone elses phone without permission

Hello, I have tried troubleshooting first and it has seemed to failed me so here we go. I can connect to spotify just fine. It's great. However for some reason when I am driving my phone (samsung galaxy j7) connects to other devices randomly and for ...

• Hello, I have tried troubleshooting first and it has seemed to failed me so here we go. I can connect to spotify just fine. It's great. However for some reason when I am driving my phone (samsung gal...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't get to my playlists

Howdy. Using Spotify Free on a Samsung tablet. I can log in, listen to music, add songs to my playlist, etc. However, I can no longer access my playlist:- Press "My Library"- Press "Playlists"I see my playlist briefly populated as a list, but before ...

• Regular
  • Howdy.  Using Spotify Free on a Samsung tablet.  I can log in, listen to music, add songs to my playlist, etc.   However, I can no longer access my playlist: - Press "My Library" -...
  • Acerider
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't connect on wi-fi

Hi,So, when i reinstall Spotify on my phone, it can connect to the Spotify's servers on wi-fi, but the next day it says "you're offline" even if i'm on wi-fi, but if i try to connect on mobile data, it works!This problem is only on my phone: OnePlus ...

• Hi, So, when i reinstall Spotify on my phone, it can connect to the Spotify's servers on wi-fi, but the next day it says "you're offline" even if i'm on wi-fi, but if i try to connect on mobile data...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Car display shows the wrong music title

Hello, I have issues with my new Huawei P20 and the bluetooth connection to my car. The connection to my car works, to hear music works, but the display in my car shows me the wrong title and that´s realy annoying. When I hear music over the internal...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have issues with my new Huawei P20 and the bluetooth connection to my car.   The connection to my car works, to hear music works, but the display in my car shows me the wrong...
  • in2yourface
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't advance in playlist

I've been having trouble using the Android app of Spotify. Whenever I play music on my phone the track ends with :01 remaining and Spotify will not advance to the next song until I do it manually.

• Music Fan
  • I've been having trouble using the Android app of Spotify. Whenever I play music on my phone the track ends with :01 remaining and Spotify will not advance to the next song until I do it manually.
  • makesia74
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes