Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play certain artists on Android Phones.

For a few weeks now I am not able to play some artists (examples: The National, The Decemberists, Bohren & Der Club of Gore).When I select any track by one of those artists, the now playing bar in the bottom of the app disappears. When I choose "Shuf...

• Visitor
  • For a few weeks now I am not able to play some artists (examples: The National, The Decemberists, Bohren & Der Club of Gore). When I select any track by one of those artists, the now playing bar...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot switch with Device Connect

Android version: 8.4.49.462 armV7Work PC version: 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78Home PC Version: 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 I accidentally switched playing device from Android to my work PC and I had no longer been able to switch it back. Playback (I think) did not ...

• Android version: 8.4.49.462 armV7 Work PC version: 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78 Home PC Version: 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78     I accidentally switched playing device from Android to my work PC and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio quality keeps resetting itself back

I cant set the quality that i want to. Its just dont allow me to do it. When i change it even if i dont relaunch spotify, it sets itself to auto quality streaming and normal quality downloading. It can be occuring in even a session or in a relaunch. ...

• Casual Listener
  • I cant set the quality that i want to. Its just dont allow me to do it. When i change it even if i dont relaunch spotify, it sets itself to auto quality streaming and normal quality downloading. It c...
  • reauxi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Small bug when I manually start a song

Hey! In my Motorola Moto x4 (normal version, not android one), there's a small bug when I manually start or change songs. Can somebody help?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey!   In my Motorola Moto x4 (normal version, not android one), there's a small bug when I manually start or change songs. Can somebody help?
  • ticked_off
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! How to Stop Controls on Lock Screen?

HiI'm using Spotify on Galaxy Note8, and even if Spotify is closed completely, the Play controls keep appearing on the devise lock screen. Several times I have selected "play" when placing the phone in my bag/pocket. How can I prevent the controls on...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I'm using Spotify on Galaxy Note8, and even if Spotify is closed completely, the Play controls keep appearing on the devise lock screen.   Several times I have selected "play" when placing...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Im offline

When i try to connect to the app it says in currently set to off line and to go online to connect to spotify. Ive tried everythig and it still wont let me log in to the app

• When i try to connect to the app it says in currently set to off line and to go online to connect to spotify. Ive tried everythig and it still wont let me log in to the app
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Won't let me log in

What do I do when it won't let me log into the app? It keeps saying username password wrong and then I changed the password just incase but still can't get in. I am driven demented!

• Casual Listener
  • What do I do when it won't let me log into the app? It keeps saying username password wrong and then I changed the password just incase but still can't get in. I am driven demented!
  • harveyjay73
  • 46 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 46 replies
  • 8 likes

Offline all the time. Offline mode is turned off

I've tried everything. Uninstall. Clear cache. Login with account number. Can only access my own playlist and listen to them only. And yes it is streaming online. Nothing works. Please help me

• I've tried everything. Uninstall. Clear cache. Login with account number.    Can only access my own playlist and listen to them only. And yes it is streaming online.   Nothing work...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily mix disappear after premium.

The FAQ said to wait 2 weeks but the daily mix feature was there already (and working fine) before I switched to premium. Is this a bug? I have the same issue on both android and Windows pc.

• Casual Listener
  • The FAQ said to wait 2 weeks but the daily mix feature was there already (and working fine) before I switched to premium.  Is this a bug?    I have the same issue on both android an...
  • NewUserAlex
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

no shuffle or repeat on spotify weekly?

the removal of Shuffle and Repeat buttons on Discover Weekly was such a gross mistake that I don't even understand how the decision was made. Please bring them back

• Casual Listener
  • the removal of Shuffle and Repeat buttons on Discover Weekly was such a gross mistake that I don't even understand how the decision was made. Please bring them back
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Album Picture

Hi. (Sorry for my english, i'm french :/) On my android Samsung Galaxy Note 4, and other, i can't see the album picture sometimes, my connection have 15mbps.How did i can see the pictures of the albums ?

• Hi. (Sorry for my english, i'm french :/)   On my android Samsung Galaxy Note 4, and other, i can't see the album picture sometimes, my connection have 15mbps. How did i can see the pictures ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Wear 2.0 App won't play / pause

After I start playing music on my phone, I put it in my pocket and continue to control it from my Android Wear 2.0 device. The problem is that everything works fine on the wear app but the play/pause button. I can't pause or play the current song via...

• Casual Listener
  • After I start playing music on my phone, I put it in my pocket and continue to control it from my Android Wear 2.0 device. The problem is that everything works fine on the wear app but the play/pause...
  • sarpdoruk
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes

Question about Save in playlists

Hi. I created playlists of the albums that were missing from Spotify and then synced/downloaded the local files onto my Android device using WiFi.The question is if I tap on the three dotted menu behind any individual song in any of the downloaded pl...

• Composer
  • Hi.    I created playlists of the albums that were missing from Spotify and then synced/downloaded the local files onto my Android device using WiFi. The question is if I tap on the thre...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to show time remaining

Is there a way to change it so that instead of showing the total length of the song to the right of the seekbar, it will show the time remaining for the song? I know on the desktop you just click on the song length but tapping it does nothing on andr...

• Is there a way to change it so that instead of showing the total length of the song to the right of the seekbar, it will show the time remaining for the song? I know on the desktop you just click on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes

No shuffle button on android?

hi, i can't seem to find the shuffle button on the android app. it is not on the "now playing" screen. i am running the current version for android (version 8.4.49.462 armV7). am i just blind? am i missing something? i am a premium user. i have combe...

• Casual Listener
  • hi, i can't seem to find the shuffle button on the android app. it is not on the "now playing" screen. i am running the current version for android (version 8.4.49.462 armV7). am i just blind? am i m...
  • lostgubbins
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The next songs won't automatically play and sometimes the songs stop playing in the middle of the so

Hi guys! My spotify was working perfectly fine until the other day... Whenever I play the album or playlist.. It won't play the next song. Like for example, if I play what makes you beautiful and then close the app and use Facebook, after the song en...

• Hi guys! My spotify was working perfectly fine until the other day... Whenever I play the album or playlist.. It won't play the next song. Like for example, if I play what makes you beautiful and the...
  • DonD79
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No sound after playing one song and stops playlist

I've been using Spotify for the past years but I've encountered a problem recently. After it plays one song the next song has no sound, I have to manually start the song again if I want it to play, if i leave it alone though it stops the next song fr...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been using Spotify for the past years but I've encountered a problem recently. After it plays one song the next song has no sound, I have to manually start the song again if I want it to play, i...
  • Devushka
  • Casual Listener
  • 97 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 97 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded music and playlist access

Im trying to play tracks from my downloaded tunes and playlist but it wont let me as everytime i slide the tab across it wont stay there it keeps going back again even though the tunes are mine as afterall ive downloaded them so does that mean i have...

• Im trying to play tracks from my downloaded tunes and playlist but it wont let me as everytime i slide the tab across it wont stay there it keeps going back again even though the tunes are mine as af...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New TV isn't showing up as a device on my phone?

I bought a brand new Vizio smart TV today and connected my Spotify account to it. I can browse through my music on the Tv and everything plays fine but I'm wondering why it doesn't show up as an available device on my phone? I like being able to que ...

• I bought a brand new Vizio smart TV today and connected my Spotify account to it. I can browse through my music on the Tv and everything plays fine but I'm wondering why it doesn't show up as an avai...
  • Athmene42
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • devices
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Spotify Mobile App] Question about playing and searching for songs in my Library

I'm not sure how to explain this issue but: On the Spotify Mobile App while listening to all my saved songs on shuffle I sometimes want to search for a specific song, play it, and then have the shuffle playlist continue. However if I search for a son...

• I'm not sure how to explain this issue but:   On the Spotify Mobile App while listening to all my saved songs on shuffle I sometimes want to search for a specific song, play it, and then have ...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes