Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

cannot start spotify

cannot start spotify

Plan Family plan

Country USA

Device Asus Zenfone 6, 64 gig,

Model ASUS_101WDX

Operating System Android 10

Spotify app 8.5.36.747

This is a new phone

I downloaded spotify and clicked on the app. The green icon blinks quickly and I am either presented with a window informing me that Spotify has stopped and I can get Info, Close or Feedback. Most of the time the icon fills the phone screen and then goes back to the home screen, never having started.

I have deleted/reinstalled the app several times, I have rebooted my phone many times. Today I did  a factory reset. Still, I cannot get Spotify to open on my phone. I can successfully use Spotify on the web and on my tablet, so I doubt the problem is with Spotify.

Does anyone have some suggestions to make Spotify work on my phone?

4 Replies

Hey, @qpackard 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Please, go to Settings > Apps > Spotify > Clean data / Cache

After that, try a clean reinstallation of the app on your device. It's different than the quick reinstallation, so I recommend that you check out this article to get help with it. 

After that, reboot your device and check if the application runs properly.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have tried your suggestion several times, no luck. Also, as Spotify tries to start I get a banner for a second that has my id and says Google smart lock - I infer that SmartLock is attempting to intervene. I have disabled all smart lock features, deleted/reinstalled Spotify by your instructions, restarted my phone, and still I cannot get Spotify to open. Most puzzling.

Hey again, @qpackard 

Could you take a look at this thread and give the tips a try and check if it can solve your issue? 

If the issue persists, even after the tips found in the thread, please try to log into a different Spotify account and if the app continues to not open properly, take a screenshot of the error message, send me here and I will be able to investigate this further. 

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Unfortunately your answer did not solve the problem. This is too much of a headache and I have gone to Amazon music.

Suggested posts