Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

playlist recommendations not changing

playlist recommendations not changing

I'm trying Spotify for the first time on the 30-day trial. Liking it so far. I'm having an issue with recommendations.

After wandering around in the Android app, I noticed that I could navigate to Your Library/Playlists/My playlist name/ and scroll all the way to the bottom and find a list of five recommended songs, and a refresh button to get five more. After using this for a while I found dozens of new and old songs I liked, and kept adding them to the playlist.

The next day, I noticed that the five recommended songs were all the same, and have been every day since. If I hit refresh, it loads the next set of five. It seems to go on forever. Refreshing the list just keeps scrolling through the same hundreds of songs in the same order. Nothing new seems to get added.

I've since added 100+ songs to this playlist from general browsing, but that recommendations section of the playlist never changes. It's the same list of songs in the same order every time. It's the identical list on both Android and the desktop app.

Is there any way to "re-roll" that recommendations section? I can't use it to find anything new anymore, because it never changes now.

2 Replies

Hey Kaaltet, 

You should get new recommendations soon. If you haven't been using Spotify for a long time (more than a month), your recommendations may be limited. The more you listen and rate, the more varied your recommendations will be. Especially if it is the same playlist that you are getting recommendations from. 

In the meantime, I suggest using the "Your Daily Mix" feature. This will have a mix of the songs already in your library and new songs that you might enjoy. You can "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" songs you like or don't like. This is my favorite feature, and I am actually using it right now. 

You can find this feature by going to the "You Music" tab and it is the first selection! Hope you find some new favorites! Happy streaming! Let me know if you need more assistance! 

I don't see the "Your Daily Mix" anywhere on mobile. It's on deskyop, but when I click it, it just says "It's a Bit Empty Here" and a button to browse, which takes me to a page with completely unrelated types of music to my playlist. EDIT: I think I may have found it from the playlist page as "Start Radio" from another menu on desktop. 

I'll keep watching for the recommendations to update. They're still the same on mobile, and the recommendations section of my playlist on desktop has completely disappeared. I hope something happens before my trial is up.

Suggested posts