Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"Unfortunately,Spotify Has Stopped"

Solved!

"Unfortunately,Spotify Has Stopped"

Hi all.  I have a Galaxy S4 and Spotify Premium has worked on it for ages.  All of a sudden, it stopped working.  When I tap on the app, the screen is black and for one quick second, the green Spotify logo is on the top left.  Then it goes away and is replaced by three white lines.  Then an error message comes up that says, "Unfortunately, Spotiify has stopped."  I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times and still, it doesn't work.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks so much.  -Jennifer

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

1) Wipe Spotify cache and data

2) Uninstall Spotify

3) Power off phone

4) Remove external memory card (SD card)

5) Restart device using only the built-in device memory

6) Reinstall Spotify

7) Does it work now?

😎 Power off device

9) Reinstall external memory

10) Restart device. should be OK now.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@htc5583 wrote:
HTC m8 same problem paid for premium and not getting it. Emailed spotify no reply

Please read the guide linked below for details on getting a completely clean install of the Spotify app. This should be the first step and can help resolve issues such as:

- Black screen on startup
- Offline data not storing on SD card
- Random crashes or FC's
- Track degradation or skipping
- Playlists and tracks no longer available

[GUIDE] First step of troubleshooting - Clean Install

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Marked as solution

Samsung galaxy s5. Android 5.0 no external memory.

Can you please support me? I couldn't find any istructions on how to fix this problem if I don't have an external memory. I clearned cache, uninstalled the app, power off the phone, reinstalled the app and still doesn't work. Many, many thanks

47 Replies

Simlar problem for me on Galaxy S5 and previously on a Motorola Atrix2.

I've also been subscribed to premium for the last 6 months or so but out of the blue haven't been able to access on either phone for months..

Have tried unisntalling any recently installed apps around the time the problem started, and reinstalling spotify but problem persists.

I think I recall uninstalling facebook app to resolve the issue on my Motorola but I don't think I can (or want to) do that on my S5

I can't load spotify on note 3 since update, please help. I pay 10 bucks a month for this, if i can't get it to work i'll have to cancel.

Has anyone received a fix for "Unfortunately Spotify has stopped." message on their phone?

If you quickly scan through the recent posts in "android" you'll see I've posted several solutions for getting spotify to work on various configurations. If you'd like to post a bit more information, I'll see if I can help you:

• make/model of your device
  • android version
  • using an external SD card?

Still have problem:
Samsung Activ S4, GT-I9295

Android 4.4.2

Using external card: Yes.

Any solutions?

Sometimes works when restart phone.

Two times had to reinstall software.

I'm eager to hear of a fix as I'm having the same issue and have tried the same fixes.

@chrt2c You'll need to give up on the idea of having your cache on the external SD card for now. Remove it (you may as well reformat it first) then uninstall and redownload spotify. Listen to or download some music, then pop your SD card back in. 

Spotify worked for years on my Galaxy S3 until I accepted the update to Android 4.4.2. It immediately stopped working, causing the "unfortunately spotify has stopped" error every few minutes with a continual black screen of death.  Wiping cache and data, uninstall, restart phone and reinstall several times DID NOT fix it.  However, when I wiped, uninstalled and restarted with external SD memory card removed, then reinstalled, it magically started working.  Restarted with external SD card installed and everything is still A-OK.

Marked as solution

1) Wipe Spotify cache and data

2) Uninstall Spotify

3) Power off phone

4) Remove external memory card (SD card)

5) Restart device using only the built-in device memory

6) Reinstall Spotify

7) Does it work now?

😎 Power off device

9) Reinstall external memory

10) Restart device. should be OK now.

Yea that worked for me. First try, thanks!

Ive got premium on an S4 and no problem until it just happened yesterday to me. No playlists. ..not even a logo, just the notice that Unfortunately Spotify is not working. The frustrating thing is absolutely no feedback from Spotify

@paekakariki-nz wrote:
Ive got premium on an S4 and no problem until it just happened yesterday to me. No playlists. ..not even a logo, just the notice that Unfortunately Spotify is not working. The frustrating thing is absolutely no feedback from Spotify

Hi, I heard somewhere there was some issue on the server side over the weekend. Can you confirm if this is still happening?

Android Troubleshooting:

HTC m8 same problem paid for premium and not getting it. Emailed spotify no reply
Marked as solution

@htc5583 wrote:

Please read the guide linked below for details on getting a completely clean install of the Spotify app. This should be the first step and can help resolve issues such as:

- Black screen on startup
- Offline data not storing on SD card
- Random crashes or FC's
- Track degradation or skipping
- Playlists and tracks no longer available

[GUIDE] First step of troubleshooting - Clean Install

Android Troubleshooting:

To solve that problem uninstalled spotify. Switch off the phone take out the memory card. Switch phone back on install spotify then switch phone off again then put your memory card back in. Back in business.

You are absolutely brilliant. Thank you so much for your help. JLewis

having the same issue for a month or so! how did you fix it? thanks in advance!!!

Thank you very very much!! 🙂 🙂

Thank you!

Suggested posts