Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

singles section om artist page missing on Spotify app for Android

singles section om artist page missing on Spotify app for Android

i noticed the last two time i used Spotify that the singles section on an artist page on the Spotify app for Android is missing. 

for example, on Metallica's artist page, it show the New Releases, Popular, Artist Radio, Related Artist, On Tour, Albums, Singles, Artist Playlists, ETC. 

usually, i would find the singles on the page with all the singles relases. but it's missing right now, i can't access it, if i want to find a song on a singles part of the site that isn't on an album right now, that means i have to search the song either by name or the name of the singles album it's in (which should be the song's name in somecases) 

the version of my android device is Android Lollipop 5.0

my device is a RCA RCT6773W22B

and the version of the Spotify app for Android is 6.9.0.1212, which i downloaded from the Google Play store. 

9 Replies

Hi. Metallica's singles show for me. Have you tried reinstalling spotify following the steps here?

i just tried it, didn't work, i tired uninstalling it the way the instructions told me too and i reinstalled it with the issues still there. 

i think you either have a older version of Spotify on Android or have a different OS with a version of Spotify that it's using that isn't affected by this. 

i wish someone from Spotify would help me try to fix this issue.  

I suggest you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

ok, well i just did the contact to the contact form as you told me too, and i hope someone there can help me out, but thanks anyway for trying to help me. 

I'm also having this problem on Android. The singles section does appear on the desktop version, though.

Same here on android. I can not see the singles/ep if I use a free account but with a premium account it shows normally.

i guess i'm not the only one dealing with this issue.

this confirms to me what i already thought when i tried to fix it myself as suggested. and that this version of the Spotify app's got a major bug that needs to fixed ASAP. 

Spotify, please work on a fix for this bug. 

Definitely you're not the only one with this issue.

The last update (app) it's not the problem, because even using an older version of the app happens the same, it's not showing the ep/singles page.

I think it's more a server side "issue" or maybe they are gonna limit the free accounts, because a premium account does not have this issue and shows every section.

If anyone alse can confirm this would be great.

Also you can try an older version of spotify (apkmirror) and see it yourself that it's not only in the last update. It appears more a kind of restriction to free accounts.

Are a premium member?... or are you having this issue with a free account?...

I tested a couple of older versions yesterday thinking it might be a bug un the current build and had the same issue

Suggested posts