Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

song playback bug

song playback bug

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Lenovo tab m7

Operating System

Android 9 Pie

My Question or Issue  

So i bought a brand new cheap Lenovo Tab m7  to install into a car dash as a replacement head-unit, I've installed spotify as of today but have this bug that doesn't make any sense to me. 

The bug: I select my playlist and choose a song everything is fine, the song plays fine, when the next song comes on it has no audio and will count up in time like its playing INDEFINITELY, if i skip anywhere into the song it plays the song fine but if i skip into it again it has no audio and can count up in time indefinitely, if i skip to the next song while no audio is playing it will play the next song but if i skip song again it won't play and if i skip again it will play ect. it seems every second touch on the device causes the audio to not play and count up in playback time indefinitely. 

Things i have done:

restart the device

re-install spotify

clear cache and storage

disable battery optimization 

I can take a video and provide a youtube/streamable link if my information wasn't clear enough. I appreciate your help thank you for taking your time to read

3 Replies

Here's a link to a video anyway showing the issue > Video link 

again I will be using this as a car headunit and I do not want to have to take my eyes off the road to mess with the songs.

I also got the M7 tablet, making my own Flutter App using Spotify API i have tested quite some devices. This device do not handle Spotify.. I called the Norwegian Lenovo support. But those people told me to contact Spotify.. 

Have you gotten any feedback fram Spotify?

I had a chat with someone from spotify and we concluded the issue is the hardware. Doesn't seem like the m7 was manufactured to support Spotify, funnily enough I got told to contact Lenovo but I've accepted defeat at this point.

Suggested posts