Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

songs not displaying

songs not displaying

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG X Venture

My Question or Issue

I've noticed an issue lately where when I go to certain playlists, no songs display. It only happens on especially large playlists. For example, if you have most of Iron Maiden's albums saved, no songs will display when you go to your saved songs from that artist.
I've also found one workaround for this bug. If you have premium, you can manually set all of the songs to download at the same time or undownload, which will force the app to load the full list. 
This bug occurs regardless of whether the songs are downloaded or not and regardless of data connection.

3 Replies

Hey @Roadia, help's arrived. 

It sounds like something might've happened with your offline music. We suggest that you remove all your offline devices from your account page, reinstall the app and restart the device. 

Keep in mind that you need to re-download your music for offline listening, so make sure you have a stable WiFi network when you do that.

Let us know how it goes, and send a screenshot if you're still having trouble 🙂

Jemi,
I tried the steps you suggested, but it hasn't helped. I'm not sure that the issue is with the downloaded music itself, as it can still play even when not visible. I'm attaching some screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about.

The blank one is what I see when I first go to look at my saved songs from Oingo Boingo.
The options one is what I see when I go to manually download or undownload the songs.
The one listing songs is what I see immediately after undownloading songs (if they're already downloaded) or after downloading them through the options menu.

I can select any song after I've switched whether the list is downloaded or undownloaded and it works fine. However, the screen looks and operates the same as the first screenshot if I leave the playlist, go to another app, or hit the lock button on my phone.

It may be important to note that this issue isn't happening with other artists that have fewer songs saved.

Screenshot_2019-05-29-06-17-16.png
Screenshot_2019-05-29-06-17-21.png
Screenshot_2019-05-29-06-17-25.png

Hey @Roadia.

Thanks for getting back to us with those screenshots 🙂

It's quite possible that something's up with your account. 

If you create a new account, you can move over all your saved music by following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

Bear in mind that you will likely get the new Your Library experience if you create a new account. This is something we've been gradually rolling out to everyone, so even if you'd stayed with your old account, it would have been only a matter of time before you got it too. To find out more about how music is saved in Your Library with the new experience, check out this Spotify Answer.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any questions or concerns 😉

Suggested posts