Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

unwanted songs in my playlist

unwanted songs in my playlist

Hi,

I have a collaborative playlist with someone.  There are songs that we didnt add in it but only when we use spotify on our phones.  The playlist on my laptop is accurate.  Has this happened to anyone else?

8 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community! Let's see what we can do 🙂

When you make a playlist "Collaborative", you allow ANY Spotify user to add songs to the playlist. So, if you find unwanted songs in it or that you don't remember that you have added, it is because another user added it.

There's no way to make it exclusive, the only workaround is that one of you makes the playlist non-collaborative and everytime you find a song, you share it with the other to add it.

Have a nice day 😄

Thanks for rhe response.

I have made it collaborative with only one other person.

Also, when i open the playlist on my laptop there are no extra songs...only the ones my friend or I have added.  On my phone there are many other songs that we have not added.  The same playlist is different depending on what device we play it from.

You can't have a collaborative playlist with only one person. Once you make the playlist collaborative, you are allowing anyone to access and edit it. There is no function allowing you to share it and collab with only one person.

It is really weird that you can see extra songs on your phone but not on your pc, and in the same playlist.

Are you a 100% sure you are on the same user and playlist? It is impossible what you are describing. Could you provide screenshots of both devices so that we can understand further your issue?

Thanks.

You can keep it private if you right click the playlist in the desktop app and make sure the playlist is not set to public. That way only the people you share the link with can access it.
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Also are you free users or do you have premium? The free version works a little differently in the mobile app. In the mobile app free users l sometimes get suggested tracks mixed in with their listening.

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/subscription_options/spotify-free-on-your-mobile-ph...
MattSudaSpotify Star

I think i figured out what i did.  I somehow made a radio station from the playlist.  that explains all of the extra songs...they are sugestions.  I don't even know how i did that/

Yeah, i thought so.  I believe i have done that and only my gf and I can add songs to it. 

Thanks!

Glad to hear you got it figured out
MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts