Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

In Our Headphones.jpg

In Our Headphones: July 2024

Dessi

Hi folks ☀️

The July heat here is making us feel like we're in the desert, and we're holding tightly to our beloved ACs, as fans seem like the only option to survive. Despite this, there's always an oasis offering some sort of escape and hope, and in this case it's music 🌴

That being said, let's kick off with today's edition of the Community Moderator's 'In our Headphones' blog!

Let's start off with @Ivelina, who finally gave in to the Sabrina Carpenter hype but also took a moment to appreciate some classics:

So, I also couldn't escape and finally heard Sabrina Carpenter when a friend of mine played me her song "Please, please, please". To be honest, it's been stuck in my head ever since 😅 and not gonna lie, I like this one as it's pretty catchy.

spotify:track:5N3hjp1WNayUPZrA8kJmJP:small

I also got reminded of this retro track a week ago, which without a doubt (get it 😅) I still enjoy a lot.

spotify:track:6urCAbunOQI4bLhmGpX7iS:small

The next one to reach the oasis is @Nikola with some tracks that really stick to the desert theme 🏜:

These are the tracks that help me stay cool in this Arrakis-like heat. None of them are really doing the job though 😀 But it’s still nice music. As I write these lines a camel is dancing in my living room - that’s how hot it is 🐪

spotify:track:1gclXjivZaELNTsesmBm5P:small

spotify:track:4x3DQ7veUfA7BBbmwab50r:small

spotify:track:0Pu71wxadDlB8fJXfjIjeJ:small

Then @Kiril arrives with some cool reggae tracks that will make you wanna chill under a palm tree with a tropical cocktail in your hand 🍹:

Hempolics together with Solo Banton is a great musical combination for your listening ears! Solo B is one of the most skilled reggae artist coming from the UK, and I am so happy that he came to visit us in Bulgaria this year!

spotify:track:71QLlghz2nGjsZ5ErZCYkC:small

Continuing on the Solo Banton vibes fin this month, here is a song where Solo partners with a great Jamaican artist named Spectacular! Their song is called "Don't it"!

spotify:track:6cCZvvjszA1wgvpLwcDDU2:small

Again Solo Banton but here stepping in the dubstep realm with Radikal Guru making the whole place shake! Warning sign!

spotify:track:0eOhxaTm4fYOfV621xGHeE:small

Next off we have @Joan with some classic metal that will make you wanna thrash (😉) a coconut tree and get crazy:

This month, I've been keeping it old school. First, I saw the legendary Cavalera brothers perform some classic Sepultura tunes. Max Cavalera is a personal idol of mine and every time I've seen him live, the show blows my noggin clean off. This one was no different. Only goes to prove that these songs from back in the 80s still stand the test of time as some of the best bangers ever made!

spotify:track:3qZpO8H9b8fC3rXFj2qTPt:small
spotify:track:1uneJukWU73P8Vg9u5bJeL:small
spotify:track:133XNDpjZDeklMjhb1jDic:small

Next, I ended up dropping by the Metal Gods Judas Priest. This concert was very special for me, since my very first concert was with Judas Priest in the exact same venue, 9 years ago almost to the day! So it was a really cathartic moment to see how my perception and appreciation of concerts has evolved over almost a decade and it felt so poetic to bring it all back to where it all began. It was an unforgettable night once again with some sweet parallels to our first meeting. I am also reminded of the bittersweet truth that time is flying by and we are probably the last generation around that's gonna be able to see these pioneering titans live in their true form. So, what I'm trying to say is, live in the moment, enjoy life and when opportunities present themselves, take them! You never know if you'll get another.

spotify:track:4f3RDq9nYPBeR1yMSgnmBm:small 

spotify:track:1pz9xeOLGuA5TmfYT86Kj5:small 

spotify:track:1Z0HPgl37AoZLX4er7oV5m:small

Slightly deriving from the same genre, @Yordan's tracks are the perfect sound for a night fight with desert scorpions 🦂:

Canadian blasphemers Adversarial are back with their third full-length, which continues very much in the same vein as the two predecessors: unrelenting infernal blasting! I don't know how they do it, but man, these guys have found the perfect formula to consistently craft only the sweetest, most voluptuous snare sound I've had the pleasure to hear ever since the debut, and for that they have my utmost respect.

spotify:track:5sAcSQHsUc3l3gaqtuOgj7:small

This is one of my recent discoveries that I've grown addicted to. What makes Sonum a stand out band among the Black/Death Metal legions is their interesting blend of avant-garde elements and old-school thrashy rhythms. Very intriguing stuff.

spotify:track:3zUqQulCddnUbZwYfGchgh:small

And if the summer heat is making you hallucinate too where you are, here come @Vasil's songs, which are by the same person, but split into two different artists:

This summer I was inspired to revisit a local expert on spelling!
Legends say he also plays Uno Reverse but that may or may not be true.
I present you with the opportunity to meet the music of Iliya Grigorov, also known as Grigovor/ Soni Bonanza; enjoy!

spotify:track:2iumc4QfHVSn2MismoS5pp:small
spotify:track:6tvkUzapSYTFlXAT99NrNO:small
spotify:track:21eFdhOc2JFRhcnlgwF16a:small

Thanks, Vasko! 👥 And to contribute to the above artist's alter ego, I too have enjoyed his musical craftsmanship, as well as the latest album of another Bulgarian singer who recently returned to his musical career after a long break with some fire songs 🔥:

spotify:track:73chMT4XWLL5fJc7VcbyLT:small

spotify:track:2Oasxh000jPbJ2idAVS8ZD:small

You can find the whole playlist here:

spotify:playlist:6lv6DjjryalvuDqg0oirRb

Thanks for reading, and listening along with us!

Enjoy, put on some sunscreen, stay hydrated and see you next month! 🌻🍨