Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

music-blog.jpg

Music Monday

#MusicMonday Review - August 2024

osornios

#MusicMonday is the hashtag I've been using for quite a while to share music recommendations from up-and-coming artists. Always fresh, and always different, trying to look for trends before they become one. You can check July's review for more music.

Four songs about different types of love, countered with an unlove finale. Together they takes us for a trip to paint a picture of our loving world. Give them a listen, with a word from the artists themselves.
🎧

Ghost Work – Godspeed on the Trail

GhostWork.jpg

It will not make it to the heart
Connect the current
Deemed for destruction from the start
There's no deterrent

Goodbye, goodbye, so long, good night
Consult the charts and sail

Bon voyage

We begin with a primarily virtual band, coming from 4 points in the U.S. (NY / NC / CA / WA), who likes to play post-punk with a grittier edge. Band member Aaron explains:

"The song originated in the emergency room, when we shock someone with electricity out of an arrhythmia. We're trying to restart the heart with medicine. That almost never works, so you have to switch to electricity.

Of course, it's all an allegory to engaging our feelings, our hearts, and the best of us in our life, how we do that, and with what interventions we wake ourselves up, and engage. That's countered with the theme of saying goodbye, and how powerful they are, when you say them for one last time. It's something you can't forget.

It's a reminder that nothing is permanent, and we should always tell everyone we love them with the intensity of the last goodbye."

spotify:track:18ZV5gBibkJ1DVEWGFTHnw:small

Los Delorean – Multiverso

LosDelorean.jpg

La verdad
No hay realidad si ta vas
No me dejes más
Quiero ver tu miedo
Y tú ego caer
Sin importar que sea un secreto

We move now to Los Teques, Venezuela for an Indie Rock track in which they let the time decide, and let themselves go to another place. A multiverse with you:

"The song is about a person who is starting to date with another person but she already has a couple but didn't want to leave any of the relationships. Nobody in particular inspired the song but we wanted to talk about that."

spotify:track:1hOEZuVCswjhsRC6uuxVJy:small 

What Will Be – My Days

I can't always be patient WhatWillBe.jpg

with you I'll wait in space

I can't pretend these hands can't feel

Lost in these thoughts, your always real

I'm shaking

You keep me from braking

I can't pretend these ears are strong

I'll follow your words, and carry on

In all my time

I hope to find, a place to call home

I'm never gonna need, never gonna be another

I try to define.

This present divine, brought life to the stone

Our world tour continues in Manchester, England for an Alternative Rock track about that person that takes care of you, that hand that help us stand, and make you safe, for the rest of our days:

"The song was recorded in autumn/winter 2023 and it’s our heaviest song to date.

The song's lyrics explore the themes of love and also delving in the struggles of feeling unworthy despite being surrounded by affection. The songs are written by the band from their own experiences."

spotify:track:0PCGXB3myTvNXJgeoFz91O:small  

Grei Rosas – Presente, Pasado y Futuro

GreiRosas.jpgPasan los días y yo
Pongo otra capa para el corazón
Miro mi teléfono, busco tu contacto y veo que no tienes nuestro corazón

Perdí la cuenta de las canciones que te escribí

En mi presente pasado y futuro
Quiero que estés eso te lo aseguro

Mucho he tratado y no pude sin ti
Porque te has vuelto ya parte de mí

En mi presente pasado y futuro
No te separes de mí ni un segundo
Porque estoy tras de ti
Aferrado a ti

Definitivamente tú te sembraste
De raíz

From Barquisimeto, Venezuela we continue with a Latin Ballad about heartbreak, and how hard is to let go, when the heart keeps beating for that person that left you behind:

"The song is born from a very personal experience. It's about a breakup, and the emotional attachment that this distance brings with it.

It reflects a connection and a latent need to be with that person. Explicitly in the chorus it says "in my present, past and future I want you to be. That I assure you. I've tried a lot, and I couldn't do without you, because you have already become part of me" thus showing a real feeling and that anchoring with the relationship.😊"

spotify:track:1JucXnkmjQKunQJajg5v9p:small 

Big Hug – Cruellemonde De La Hi Fi

BigHug.jpg

Giving the best of it

All against your call to arms

No one wins so bear in mind your function

Like everyone was your favourite

No wonder we’re always

Wondering upon life

As though we can’t make a shift from it

I stop and stare, and know it’s wrong

To see you at the lights dreaming, before you die

We end our trip in London, England, with a band that mixes Emo, Punk, and Indie for a track about not being happy with the job we have, having our tongues tied, sifting through endless paperwork:

"When I was going to write the lyrics to this one I had just read a book by David Graeber called “Bullsh*t Jobs”. Essentially the book is about how so many people believe their jobs to be bullsh*t in that they offer no value to society and that their jobs basically shouldn’t exist. The lyrics are about how we / many of us / these people, recognize it as thoroughly depressing and that in many cases we can't really do anything about it."

spotify:track:2QKSh0QFy8JMicygoODKR5:small 

Listen to them and much more on the complete Playlist

spotify:playlist:2IYRLjcwf2X9vC0QrI0b0P

See you next month!

2 Comments