Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

4.png

Music Monday

#MusicMonday Review - September 2023

osornios

#MusicMonday is the hashtag I've been using for quite a while to share music recommendations from up-and-coming artists. Always fresh, and always different, trying to look for trends before they become one. You can check August's review for more music.

This month's music will take you through different athmospheres, and settings. Sit back, relax, give it a listen or two, with a word from the artists themselves. 🎧

Lazy Guns – In My Shadow

LazyGuns.jpg

Wear your crown with your head held high
You tell everyone you live in the sky
But what do you do when your kingdom crumbles
You're falling down and I watch you tumble

We wake up this month in beautiful Sunshine Coast, Australia for a 2000s Rock revival about being always better than those who envy you:

"The song came about around three years ago while we were writing the album and was written by myself [band member Jack] and our older sister, Paris Smith.

Shadow is kind of a vengeful track and opens the door to a slightly darker side of our album. The song is ultimately about rising up against someone that has hurt you, and realizing that you are better that that person, and that they will always be 'in your shadow'."

spotify:track:2kyfOBbJpRQE0ArkkhpSOd:small

Dakota Avenue – Skin

DakotaAvenue.jpgI feel, completely to blame for the uproar.
We kissed, it’s not my fault that you want more.
You feel, the way you feel because you’re…
We talk, the way we talk because you’re… unhappy with him.

You’re unhappy with him.
You’re unhappy within.
You’re unhappy within your skin.

We move to Manchester, England for an alt-mospheric track about making someone so pissed, they can’t even find where their keys are:

"It is about the way people behave badly because of their own negative impression of themselves, and how the people around them may feel feel upset or somehow responsible. I think it’s more a reflection on myself and my friends at a time we weren't very happy!"

spotify:track:38YztxAcNadWA7Cio20xqc:small 

Silver Springs – Glow

SilverSprings.jpg

Walk down the same old streets full of familiar faces
Go for a drink visit the same old places
Early in the morning, alone in the cold I see it clearer than in used to
Be reborn again and let the past grow old

From Stockholm, Sweden, an ethereal Indie track about being stuck, losing it all, with nowhere to go:

"That song just came very naturally, I think I wrote it in just a couple of hours. It sort of sums up a feeling I had when I had to move on from something that was really important to me, I didn’t want to look back but I also thought everything new and current felt very boring and grey. And then in the last part of the song it’s more about moving on and accepting that things have to change.

It was like a brief but intense therapy session to write the song and I don’t think I realized at the time how personal the song really is.😁"

spotify:track:6Hp7qmG0Jt4laF5Mp6PbfR:small  

The Semi-Supervillains – Here Comes Trouble

SemiSupervillians.jpgAnd I like a surprise; but I realize
She's gone; and I keep hitting snooze

I wake up at the crack of noon
I look up; I ain't got a clue
She's gone

Next stop, Weirton, West Virginia for some Classic Rock vibes about running as fast as I can, even if you don't wanna leave, before you may get a shotgun pointed at you:

"Here Comes Trouble is a contemporary blues rock track inspired by the modern garage rock juggernauts. The lyrics and story in the song are from a personal experience sparing few that is common for the average young American man. Getting laid and sneaking out of the house before her dad kicks finds you there!"

spotify:track:0or9tiwXhmrPB25aURbUAW:small 

Parade – Electric Fear

Parade.jpgHave you known this electric fear
The one that hides your pain.

I'll tell you how it feels
to live on pills

The harder you fall
The pressure you felt
The weight on your shoulders
The weight of the world

Our last destination is Marseille, France for a Post Punk track that takes us to that place where happiness was never meant for real:

"Electric fear has different meanings, one would be against the alienation of working in big companies, never listening to your own feeling, just act as a robot until the day ends.

It also relates to my depression, and pills that always comes within. It doesn’t matter if it's drug pills or medicine pills as both interact with your mind.

We wrote the music together and [band member] Nico found very quickly this theme that we consider the chorus of the song and then we put that all together. At first it was the same line repeated over and over and we finally fixed it with the bridge so that it can be a proper song."

spotify:track:3zd5J7simsnwDu8KB5lHAk:small 

Listen to them and much more on the complete Playlist

spotify:playlist:2IYRLjcwf2X9vC0QrI0b0P

See you next month!

8 Comments