Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Audiobook Listen Time countdown

Audiobook Listen Time countdown

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issue

Is there a way to know how long you have spent listening to audiobooks, and to see how long you have left before it resets?

I would like to know so I don’t run out of listening hours mid chapter

14 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Community!

This is how you can check how much audiobook listening time is left in the plan and how long before your listening hours are renewed:

Mobile

1. Tap your profile picture.
  2. Under Settings, select Premium plan.
  3. Tap the name of your plan. This shows you the plan overview.
  4. Select Track your included hours and top-ups.

Desktop

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Under Subscription, select Audiobook Listening Time.

Note: There might be some delays in tracking the audiobook listening time you’ve used if you pause your listening mid-chapter, or you’re offline for an extended period of time.

For more info about Audiobooks in Premium plans check out this Support Article.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

How do can you display how much listen time there is left in an audio book? Like on Audible.

Hey there @coxbright

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

When you go to the book's page, you can see the total time of the book on the top: 

Also, if you start an episode, it will show you the remaining time: 

And with the steps @Xenia mentioned above, you can check how much total listening time is left in your subscription. 

Hope this helps. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

It’s great that we can now access audiobooks through the app and have a large library to pick from. However 15 hours a month is nothing. Can’t even read a whole book. The top up is for 10 hours only and costs MORE than the monthly price. If the book is 30 plus hours we are paying more than audible to read it. 
I wonder if we could choose between options. I would happily choose unlimited books over podcasts and/or music.
Or, allowing the download of one book a month. (although very restrictive, audible is not at the top of my list for this). 
ultimately, the current rules and restrictions won’t make me stay and I’ll bet many avid readers won’t be impressed with the top up price. I’d like to see the stats of how many people just quit the book and never return a month later.

Why is it that I have been forced to “top up” every 7 hours? I have not gotten 15 hours… I haven’t even been able to get 10 hours even after PAYING FOR IT 

Hi Xenia, I am trying to use the directions you gave but am not seeing an option for tracking my reading when I tap on my plan. Could you help me figure out what I might be doing wrong? Attached what I see

Screenshot_20240106-064913.png
Screenshot_20240106-064930.png

In my case, the section in your second screenshot that says "15 hours/month of listening..." has a little arrow and if I tap it I can then see how much I've got left. Maybe you need to start listening to something, before the section becomes interactive?

Hey @1224482827,

Thanks for posting here! 

If you're not able to check the details on mobile, could you instead log into the Account Page as listed in @Xenia's post? This page can be accessed both on mobile and desktop. 

Keep us updated 🙂

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Is this feature on the mobile app for iOS? I have to use the browser and it’s annoying.

Hey @BloomingDaises,

Thanks for your reply!

You can check how much audiobook listening time is left in the plan and how long before your listening hours are renewed. To check it, you can follow these steps on your mobile device:

1. Swipe left or tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap Settings and privacy.
  3. Go to Account and tap the name of your plan. This shows you the plan overview.
  4. Select Track your included hours and top-ups.

If you're referring to the ability to listen to audiobooks from your mobile device, yes, it's possible. You can give a look at this article to learn how to search for audiobooks included in your subscription. Remember, the eligible plans for this are Premium Individual, Premium Family (plan manager only), Premium Duo (plan manager only).

If you're referring to a different feature, please let us know and we'll do our best to help you.

We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Is there a way to show time listened while you’re listening to the book? I track my minutes listened in a different app and I keep having to subtract the total with how much I have left and it’s a pain. 

Hi Xenia, are you able to explain how a month is tracked e.g calendar month or billing month? I paid my bill on the 7th have only listen to a couple hours since then but says I have meet the 15 hour threshold. If if by Calendar month I won't have listen to 15 hours yet. 

Cheers!

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in this thread!

@RuthLarsen - We renew the hours of audiobook listening time included in your plan at the start of your billing period. You can double-check the payment date on your account page here. Also, keep in mind that any unused audiobook listening time (that's included in the plan) from the previous month will expire at that time as well.

If you want more time to listen to audiobooks, should you have run out this month for example, you can purchase Top up audiobook hours. Feel free to have a look at this page for more details on how Top ups works.

Hope this clears things up! 

Cheers 🙂

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi, the instructions for mobile app don't work. There is no "Premium Plan" option under Settings?? Desktop instructions work fine

Screenshot_20241016_133312_Spotify.jpg

Suggested posts