Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

A Simple Fix for Frustrating Shuffle Repeats: Introducing a 24-Hour No-Repeat Feature

Shuffling, especially with smart shuffle features, often repeats songs even in playlists with hundreds of hours of music. This can be frustrating, so I propose a "24-hour no-repeat" function. It wouldn't be a problem if a song repeats the next day, but hearing the same song just an hour later can be annoying. Thanks for reading, and please upvote if you agree! Let's fix our shuffles!

Comments
Joseph_iPhone

It's not just repeating a song. Spotify shuffle will often repeat the exact same sequence of songs that were just played an hour ago. I've noticed this tends to happen if I interrupt listening with a phone call or video or something else. When I resume listening on Spotify, the paused song will finish, and the next song will be one that played previously, followed by the exact same "shuffled" sequence.

This is obviously a bug. It needs to be fixed, not plastered over with new feature.

16asorensen

I also will click play after making sure the shuffle is turned on from my liked songs and then it will play starting from the top all the songs in a row and not random like I'm expecting it to. I do expect a random, complete and equal shuffle of ALL my liked songs. I don't want to hear the same 10-20 songs several times over a couple days while there are other songs I haven't heard in months. I have over 5,000 songs in my liked songs and I would expect it to take me at least 6 months before I hear a song twice.

zboul59

Yes, the smart shuffle is not so smart, or is lazy at least. The worst happens when you switch the device from which you listen to Spotify : the same sequence of songs recently played on the previous device is then played on the new one... It's annoying, then you have to take your phone with Spotify on it, and go forward the list by your own. And it happens even if you didn't listen to music from 12 hours... As an example: it plays the same sequence of songs when I'm under the shower in the morning than when I was on the way back from work at night... It sounds like the groundhog day !