Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Add the "Don't play this artist" feature to podcasts

Currently, Spotify has the option to mark a specific artist as "Do not play this artist", effectively muting or blocking that artist's music. This prevents the artist from being suggested on personal playlists, playing during Smart Shuffle, etc. This is a very effective and easy to use feature if there are popular artists you dislike or want to take a break from.

My suggestion is that this feature should be expanded to podcasts. I often play a podcast and appreciate the auto-play feature when one episode ends. However, there is one particular podcast that has begun auto-playing, even though I have not liked or listened to the podcast before. This podcast is now the first to be suggested every time on auto-play, regardless of what other podcast I have just listened to. I often listen to my podcasts while driving or exercising, and it is sometimes dangerous to have to stop to manually turn on a different podcast. If I were able to mark this podcast as "Do not play", as I have with several musical artists, I would not have to worry about this!

I think this feature would be relatively easy to implement, given that it already exists on the music side of the app, and would greatly improve my user experience!