Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Music] ASIO Output Support

Please can you add support for an ASIO audio output device?

As a owner of a separate headphone DAC + Amp, I get much better quality music when I'm using the bit-perfect ASIO output rather than DirectSound, which changes the audio bitstream before it reaches the DAC. ASIO output would be a great compliment to the Spotify high-quality streaming.

About ASIO4All : http://www.head-fi.org/t/221237/asio4all-explanation

Thanks!

----

My Audio equipment : Schiit Bifrost + Asgard, Beyerdynamic DT 250 headphones

Top Answer
Melody
Spotify

Updated on 2018-10-31

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

We're keeping this idea set to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Rest assured that if we do have any new information to share, we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
David

My knowledge of this is somewhat limited (despite my home recording efforts), but could you set ASIO4All to be your default sound device? This should let you run Spotify through it, as it generally selects the default sound device.

I have yet to try this fully, but I set my audio interface to be my default sound device whenever it's plugged in. Then, all sound output tends to come through that. 

Isosceles

ASIO4All doesn't appear as an audio device, it's a new type of audio output (ASIO). You need to change the application to support it.

The Windows default sound device uses the Windows sound technology stack, not ASIO.

WDStar

Spotify should support the use of DACs to enable it be be integrated into existing systems

Currently all my digital music goes thru DAC.... except Spotify

The sound quality difference is clearly inferior 

As a consequence I find myself not using Spotify and questioning if I actually should continue to subscribe

Dubidubno

Please add ASIO support to Spotify!

S10QaN

Spotify should be able to send bitstream via HDMI! That would make it possible for me to let the receivers DAC decode audio!

dinaiz

+1 . Besides that would allow us to use VST plugins in spotify. I'd like to use IkMultimedia's ARC (accoustic room correction) when streaming music and not only in my daw

thephreak99

+1. Just bought a DAC and need AISO support!

Juaz

Also need a ASIO or something else bit-perfect support. 320kb/s is not so hifi, but this support make it litle bit closer...

apmusson

+1  Audiophiles love music - and love to hear music clearly.  Please add ASIO so that I can enjoy Spotify Ultimate like I should!

Thanks

jvalleolmo

Please add ASIO support. We audiophiles desperately need this!!