Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Only listen to songs NEVER heard before

As one who listens to music through Spotify several hours per day, I often feel that I would like to only hear songs that I have *never* listened to before on Spotify.

This would make it possible to discover great new music, and also not having to hear my "favourites" that I've already heard many, many times.

This feature should be added as a possibility to "Song Radio" as well as the automatic list that starts after a playlist ends. This could easily be a button in which you choose "Play only songs that I never listened to before".

I think its strange that there is no such feature today. What do you think?

Comments
danzabarr

I assume that the discover weekly playlist only contains tracks I haven't played before.

I would like an indicator on all tracks, perhaps next to the like button, which shows that I have listened to the track before.

wannaberocker1

Thanks for all the likes!

Update/summary: 

Prior to my post here I had contact with Spotify's customer service in Sweden (Chat and X). The answer I got was that they liked the idea but that I should post here as well so it's seen by the developers. I have no idea how many likes you need here to get attention, but hopefully there will be more likes of the idea 😊

Laaro

Great idea, as a millennial I’m pretty sick of hearing music I’ve heard 100 times or music for 18year olds that I don’t quite vibe with. Would be great if I could listen to a full playlist of songs that Spotify would think I like. Or even based off people with similar music taste. Being a mum of two I don’t get to experience much new music, so I need help to find new artists, but that doesn’t mean I want to listen to exclusively adolescent music.