Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Android][Other] 30 minutes of ad-free music lasted about 5 minutes.

[Android][Other] 30 minutes of ad-free music lasted about 5 minutes.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 8.0.0.

This morning, I decided to listen to Spotify on my way home. So, I open the app and watch the ad for 30 minutes of no ads (which is fair, given the fact I don't pay for premium), all while I'm having trouble getting my phone to play through the aux cable to the speakers in my car (Bluetooth is not possible). I wait for the ad to finish before I tried restarting the app (the audio issue seems to be unrelated, given the fact that unplugging my charging cable before plugging in my aux cable seemed to fix that). Once the app starts back up, there were no apparent issues, and I started listening to music.

After just ONE song, an ad started playing, which was completely unfair, since I held up my end of the deal by watching and listening to an ad in exchange for no ads for 30 minutes.

Since the last time this issue was reported was in 2017 (and had apparently been fixed), I figured submitting another issue wouldn't be a bad idea. Yes, I did lie when I checked the box that says "my issue has not been posted before", but then again, "30 minutes of ad-free music" was also a lie.

0 Replies

Suggested posts