Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Issues with Windows Phone application - Make it more like MS Groove Music app

Issues with Windows Phone application - Make it more like MS Groove Music app

Hi,

now that Spotify made a deal with MS to take their customers, perhaps they could make the app on the par with Groove music app.

I was seriously considering leaving Spotify because of the issues with the app.

Issues I see (feel free to add)

- offline detection does not really work - the app thinks it is offline even when every other app is happily connected (video chats etc.) and I am on 4G+. Smells more like infrastructural Spotify issue and/or app issue.. One has to go through few menus to flick the offline on and back off and the app is suddenly online again!

- slow (especially resuming)

- the app does not stay background/stays in the top bar (with prev/next/play buttons) like other apps (yes! like Groove music app)

for me it is mostly the offline detection that is really unpleasant

11 Replies

I'm surprised that you are able to get it to run at all. All I get is an error when I try to start it.

wp_ss_20171008_0001.png

I cannot play any music on the Windows 10 Mobile app at all, just getting the loading dots or an error saying I am not connected to the internet, which i am and everything else is working find.

We've been asked to move from Groove to Spotify, yet it doesn't work. Going to cancel my Spotify Premium if they can't get a simple app to work and will set up an account with Deezer instead.

I find either force quit background apps, or reset of the phone solves the issue for those getting the audio error message.

yeah this also happens quite often for me....

restarting the phone usually fixes it -- BUT I can always play with the Groove using the same audio device (my BT headpones) WHEN I get this from Spotify..

annoying!

I just get the loading dots, no error. Yet the desktp app sais they stoped playing becase another device is playing. **bleep**!

My desktop app works fine and I've never had a problem with it but my phone app also keeps loading all the time. Sometimes it'll play the first two or three seconds of a song just to be a tease!

Seen in Offline & Sync: "Spotify can't be reached on the current network connection"

Yet Spotify is currently streaming music just fine!

Spotify Connect on PC does not show any devices - Spotify support chat stated it's a known issue and a fix is coming.

Stream from OneDrive.

A2DP control sometimes gets "lost" and you need to press play on the phone.

Cortana integration:

- Hey Cortana, play me some .... worked brilliantly on Groove

- Use Cortana to identify playing music and link to either Groove and stream or store and purchase.

Groove music was very functional and fast. Thin and slick. It would be great for Spotify to utilize the partnership between Microsoft to make Spotify similar to Groove Music. i hate how bulky the UI feels, it doesn't have that Windows 10 feel. I could complain all day about how Spotify is one of the better-but most awful streaming apps for Windows 10, (Xbox One, Mobile, PC) Unfortunately Spotify is the only goto streaming service that out performs the others (at the point when Groove is dead by January 2018) All i can ask is that Spotify will be Streamlined and functional with a Windows 10 feel. Not this "Apple" like feel with poor performance and bulky features. I wasn't sure exactly where to place my comments, but this seemed to be a great feed to post it.

Same here. Can't play any music at all. Just get loading dots. At least it's not just me.

I have moved my family now to Tidal -my youngest sister (demanding audiophile 🙂 loves it more then Spotify - higher quality and more of a selection - and while the app for WP is "unofficial", it behaves very nicely...

Also cannot get it to actually play on mobile.  Thanks fo the tip re Tidal may give it a try.  Spotify don't seem to want to eply to any messages on here.

Suggested posts