Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Question About the Depreciation of Local File Synchronization

Question About the Depreciation of Local File Synchronization

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Laptop (ASUS) and Samsung Galaxy A14

Operating System

Windows 11 and Android 12

My Question or Issue

I have been using local file synchronization for years for personal favorites, my own amateurish edits, and game OSTs, and I recently discovered that the aforementioned feature has been in a slow process of being depreciated over the span of... I believe four years to this very day. Why?

Local file synchronization has provided many of us with great ease of access and massive quality of life. If we're not at our computers, we could just toggle the download button and have access to all of our local songs within a minute to seconds which proved to be a lifesaver for special occasions.

Why is this extremely helpful feature being depreciated?

1 Reply

Hey @Alicyl,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

We appreciate your feedback regarding the Local files Sync. At Spotify, we're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. At this time, we don't have any additional information to share about why this is being deprecated, we’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use the feature like you wish to do at the moment.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts